PDA

View Full Version : Sega Toys launch Dream Chick

Mark30001
April 4th, 2007, 07:20
http://www.plasticbamboo.com/wp/wp/wp-content/uploads/dreamchick.jpg

Via Akihabara News (http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-13537-The+SegaToys+chick+robot.html)

Sega Toys (http://www.segatoys.co.jp/eng/index.html) has just launched the cutest companion you could have, conveniently in time for Easter. Dream Chick (not the kind that you normally see on the Internet), is a fluffy hand-sized chick that flaps its wings when held. Making you feel even more adored, it makes “peep peep” noises when its head is stroked. Dream Chick is available for 1,507 yen ($12.90/£6.62).

DarthPaul
April 4th, 2007, 07:23
Awww so cute. It looks so real.

kcajblue
April 4th, 2007, 07:28
not the kind that you normally see on the Internetlol. that made me laugh.

and thats pretty cool. it does look kinda real.

blahblahblaster
April 4th, 2007, 07:43
i want one or twenty.

dark heart
April 4th, 2007, 07:43
looks great, but what does it have to do with psp? in fact, what does it have to do with the dc emu network?
this is here but my "vote for best psp homebrew" news isn't? makes you wonder...

blahblahblaster
April 4th, 2007, 07:47
is it adorable homebrew that's just in time for easter? can it flap its wings and make "peep peep" noises?

didn't think so.

JUSTiNB
April 4th, 2007, 08:30
i really hate how dcemu does the news, PSP CRAP STAY WITH PSP, there should be a global news section for stuff like this. and it doesn't even give a link of where to buy it at. NICCCEE

kcajblue
April 4th, 2007, 09:31
its wraggys website.
he can post whatever he wants where ever he wants.

ish420ism
April 4th, 2007, 09:33
SEGA has hit another all time low.

kcajblue
April 4th, 2007, 09:42
make "peep peep" noises?

didn't think so.if you read the whole post. you would know it can.

it makes “peep peep” noises when its head is stroked.

vanle
April 4th, 2007, 13:02
Wahoo a $12 stuffed animal that cheeps....suckaz!

JKKDARK
April 4th, 2007, 13:29
looks great, but what does it have to do with psp? in fact, what does it have to do with the dc emu network?
this is here but my "vote for best psp homebrew" news isn't? makes you wonder...
lol n00b, this forum contains a PSP section, which is different.

eatnooM
April 4th, 2007, 14:22
Already spotted this on play-asia when I found out about the sale =p

Oh, and no need to go nuts because your thread didn't make front page, dark heart. This at least has the excuse of being related to the time of year :)

briyan
April 4th, 2007, 14:51
hey kcajblue, when do you think are they gonna start selling a "balut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut)" toy? a 15 day-old chick still inside its shell waiting to get sucked out and devoured by the next Filipino, coz i want in on that. and when it's out it will only be worth about 5 cents, even cheaper than the real thing.

kcajblue
April 4th, 2007, 17:56
hey kcajblue, when do you think are they gonna start selling a "balut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut)" toy? a 15 day-old chick still inside its shell waiting to get sucked out and devoured by the next Filipino, coz i want in on that. and when it's out it will only be worth about 5 cents, even cheaper than the real thing.haha. lmfao. if they had a balut toy for 5 cents. i would buy as many as i could and egg peoples houses with them.

but the thing is, even though im filipino. im not a fan of eating balut.
and dont you hate it when you hear say it wrong. like on fear factor. "eat this balooot"

woods05
April 4th, 2007, 20:23
looks neat, doesn't have anything to do with games but whatever.

iniquitous_beast
April 4th, 2007, 20:40
looks neat, doesn't have anything to do with games but whatever.

Are you kidding? This is the next big console from Sega. Fans have been awaiting the Dream Chick's release for years now. It seems like they have taken the Nintendo route with this one though. Its processing power is definitely lower than the other next-gen consoles, but it is certainly cute. I believe that at roughly $12.00, it is undoubtedly the cheapest home/portable console available.

And those of you who say that this does not deserve to be news on this site, I ask you to look at this site's name. It is DCEMU! That stands for DreamChickEmulation!

On that note, does anybody have any idea how easy/hard the Dream Chick would be to emulate on the psp?

ish420ism
April 4th, 2007, 21:28
Are you kidding? This is the next big console from Sega. Fans have been awaiting the Dream Chick's release for years now. It seems like they have taken the Nintendo route with this one though. Its processing power is definitely lower than the other next-gen consoles, but it is certainly cute. I believe that at roughly $12.00, it is undoubtedly the cheapest home/portable console available.

And those of you who say that this does not deserve to be news on this site, I ask you to look at this site's name. It is DCEMU! That stands for DreamChickEmulation!

On that note, does anybody have any idea how easy/hard the Dream Chick would be to emulate on the psp?

Now that's some funny shit:rofl:

blahblahblaster
April 4th, 2007, 21:30
if you read the whole post. you would know it can.i was referring to the psp homebrew. i was asking if the psp homebrew could make "peep peep" noises [and flap it's wings].

i guess you just didn't get my intention. and wrags probably just posted this to get a holiday feeling on the site being near easter n' all.

dark heart
April 5th, 2007, 09:18
lol n00b, this forum contains a PSP section, which is different.

yeah, so? it's still in the psp updates page,
it would of made sense to just have it on the homepage. and don't call me n00b, it's rookie.
nothing gives you license to under mind me.