PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xGx.wii 0.01b - Snes Emulator for Wii

wraggster
April 4th, 2007, 13:10
Unholyfire (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4369) has released a new version of the Snes Emulator for the Nintendo Wii (Youll need a wii modchip or use gamecube sd load)

Heres whats new:

Changes from Snes9xGx 1.5
- Added Wii DVD detection capability (allows you to browse the DVD to fetch
ROMS)
- Changed "goto menu" function to button combo "L+R+X+Y" (to support SNES/GC
adapters and/or homebrew controllers)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

WastingTheDawn
April 5th, 2007, 14:10
Can someone make a emu wihout a mod or sd load please!

bmemike
April 5th, 2007, 16:15
Sure, it's call the Virtual Console and you're more than able to buy games for it.

The whole point of SD Load and modchips is that they allow you to run unsigned code. If there was an easy way to do that, then nobody would bother with either option because they're just a means to an ends.

If you want to run unsigned code, chip your Wii or run the emulators on your PC.

maddog007
April 5th, 2007, 18:31
hi ,
I am newbee here,
can someone tell me if I mod my Wii, can I still do/need the system upgrade? (something like the psp does)
second question is how do I burn the GC game images? just normal DVD or I need buy those smaller DVD?

thanks

maddog007
April 5th, 2007, 18:33
I have LU 510XXXXX,
what kind chipset it has?

thanks

xplosideas
May 28th, 2007, 20:32
Works for me with a SD Media Launcher. Dont forget to put ur roms in a folder called SNESROMS !

callum1308
April 5th, 2008, 13:10
hi what do you do with this file

kingslime80
April 5th, 2008, 18:49
There's a new version that doesn't need the Gamecube methods to load it, just the Twilight Hack. It can be found here: http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101788

It does need a non-nintendo Mem-card in one of the slots to save right now, not front SD saving yet.

tehnoir
April 5th, 2008, 19:21
There's a new version that doesn't need the Gamecube methods to load it, just the Twilight Hack. It can be found here: http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101788

It does need a non-nintendo Mem-card in one of the slots to save right now, not front SD saving yet.

This is different from the version vicious has made. If anyone would like to break down the differences though, that would be nice :)

dtucker1994
August 13th, 2008, 17:35
Im new here there is a gba emulater and I have it on my wii open the zip file open new folder and extract apps and vba to the root of your sd card I made it simple...It comes with 15 roms already. PLease reply...

panmusic
September 23rd, 2008, 09:28
While the emulator runs mostly perfectly with the HBC I can't figure how to save.Now matter what,it doesn't let me save.
And yes,in my SD card I arranfe the files apps-snes9xGX-saves.
Maybe,there is an option to the preferences menu that needs to be activated.(Yes,I don't have a GC memory card connected to Wii)
Can anyone help me?

Sir_Voe
September 23rd, 2008, 09:39
You need to put your "saves" folder in a seperate "snes9x" folder on the root of your card (X:/snes9x/saves/). This advice applies to the other emulators you posted this question about too.
A new version just came out, BTW. Available here: http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/downloads/list

panmusic
September 23rd, 2008, 11:26
Thanks Sir Voe for your reply!
With your advice I managed to finally save in the snes9x!Thanks a lot!
But the problem remains in the VisualBoy Advance emulator and NES emulator.I followed the same steps but with no luck.Do you know if there are some settings in the SRAM menu that are essential?
I can't figure what I am doing wrong...:(

mave
September 23rd, 2008, 14:52
I posted another reply in a different topic on the Wii News Forum, but I didn't know exactly where to put this...

If I wanted to run Cheats, like a .CHT file, how do I do that with the Homebrew Channel? I made folder along with roms and saves called "cheats" where I have the filenames identical to the roms, but just ending in .CHT yet I don't know how to load them.

Any help would be appreciated.