PDA

View Full Version : M3 Simply Loader v1.04 Beta

wraggster
April 4th, 2007, 14:30
M3 Team update their software for DS:

heres whats new:

- Automatically detect the SLOT-2 card, supports NDS and GBA cart. (Thanks cory1492)
- It will lead the SLOT-2 GBA cart to define the frame (put the homebrew gbaframe.bmp files under the _system_ directory)
- Supports the backup and restore the games under the directory (press the 'SELECT' key to enter the "backup" mode, you can choose the SAV files if press "A" button to backup, you can choose the BAK files if press "A" button to restore)
- Supports the deletion of files and space directory (select the appointed files or directory, press "X" to delete).
- Revise the problems about the backup of 0970.

More Info (http://www.m3adapter.com/SLOT-1/main.htm)

Tikker
April 4th, 2007, 14:54
boy, they really do just copy/paste the R4 updates, don't they

Tegamal
April 4th, 2007, 15:36
Is there a better mirror site for M3 updates?

Their site is slow as hell.

StealthCP
April 4th, 2007, 16:13
Interesting. Even though I have an M3 Simply I see it's benefits as over-exaggerated. I am considering a Slot-2 Device, as the extra RAM and GBA software support is key to the things I want to run on the DS (BBC Micro, Quake, and DSLinux). Though the M3 Simply has been a great help for my inception into DS Homebrew, with it's easy to use interface. I'll give this a test, once I figure out why my MicroSD isn't being picked up on either the DS or on Linux *cries* Tried to reformat it, but I think I did a bad job of it :p

naruto777
April 4th, 2007, 16:33
stupid m3 simply....theyre always so unoriginal...

celeron1
April 4th, 2007, 19:17
Hehe be thankfoul man!

havoc_012
April 4th, 2007, 19:33
stupid m3 simply....theyre always so unoriginal...

As opposed to Supercard or MMD?

Atleast the M3 Team acknowledges that the M3 and R4 are made in the same factory.

Tripsk8er333
April 5th, 2007, 04:54
Is there a download Mirror for this? I would really appreciate that. :)

:( !!!The M3adapter wesite is just to slow!!!:(

Xtreme
April 5th, 2007, 10:37
Yes, Tikker, I also see something too familiar in here:

M3 Team update their software for DS:

heres whats new:

- Automatically detect the SLOT-2 card, supports NDS and GBA cart. (Thanks cory1492)
- It will lead the SLOT-2 GBA cart to define the frame (put the homebrew gbaframe.bmp files under the _system_ directory)
- Supports the backup and restore the games under the directory (press the 'SELECT' key to enter the "backup" mode, you can choose the SAV files if press "A" button to backup, you can choose the BAK files if press "A" button to restore)
- Supports the deletion of files and space directory (select the appointed files or directory, press "X" to delete).
- Revise the problems about the backup of 0970.

New firmware for R4DS flash card:

1. Automatic recognize slot 2 adapter, support NDS and GBA games card. (credit to cory1492)
2. Customable frameset for loading slot 2 GBA games. (save your gbaframe.bmp to _system_ directory)
3. Backup/Restore game saves. (press SELECT to switch to Display Savefiles, choose the SAV file and then press A to backup, chose the BAK file and then press A to restore)
4. Support deleting file and empty directory. (Press X to del while highlighting the corresponding file or directory)
5. Bug fixed for 0970 save problem.

EDIT: So is the R4DS an illegal copy of M3 or vise versa?

jamesgloucester
April 5th, 2007, 13:11
Yes, Tikker, I also see something too familiar in here:

EDIT: So is the R4DS an illegal copy of M3 or vise versa?

Niether, the devices are made in the same factory, just have a different sticker on it. Infact the old model of the M3 and R4 you could actully add/remove solder from the board so the M3 could use the R4 firmware and vice versa.

The R4 team are the main people behind it all, hence why M3 updates are always 2-3 days after the R4 updates. The M3 team are currently working on their own slot-1 device (M3 DS Real)

Payk
April 6th, 2007, 16:42
Well m3 always copy ideas from others.
SC is just an example. It was always so that SC released something and m3 followed soon but more expensive of course. Well now they are behind R4.

m3 is a real bad company if you ask me. They copy all stuff, which SHOULD make it cheaper. Because they didn't needed to plan and develop it by their self. But its more expensive! They are really kidding us! I am pretty sure that was a reason why they didnt released fatcode earlier. At first you could then see (if you have knowlegde) from who it was stolen, and maybe they weren't even able to do a prober fatcode because they didn't knowed how their own product works!

And ppl. who buy that m3 instead of a SC or a R4 are supporting them!

Thats my opinion to all that. Don't buy a m3. But i can be wrong. Maybe SC,M3 and R4 are one and same company! Who knows....

Payk
April 6th, 2007, 16:52
If you now think, that it wouldn't make sence, i can tell you a little example which is true.

Here in Germany there are some big companys which are producing yoghurt (yeah in other country too ;P)

Well some make quite expensive yoghurts. They sell bad but bring more money, because rich ppl. think that it must have good quality if it is that expensive. And tehy just want the best for their kiddys. Same company also sells 100% same yoghurt for much less then half price and with a different Label in discounters for ppl. who don't care quality or who think price doesn't make a yoghurt being good. On that way they can make money from each one who buys yoghurt ;) It was in all newspapers, there was a labtest about that which proved that it's true. About 5 labels, but 100% same yoghurt! In 5 different prices and layouts. So same could be for these flashcards. There is a bunch of slot1 flashcards, which appeared allmost at same time. A half year back there wasn't a single one (ok there was neoflash but it sticked out). And they can't tell me that they all found it out late how to make such a card. or that technology wasn't good enought earlier or crap like that.