PDA

View Full Version : Devhook Firmware Installer v0.6h

wraggster
April 4th, 2007, 15:01
New from Sleepy (http://www.psp-programming.com/forums/index.php/topic,1898.msg18971.html)

This program was originally created by tommydanger, as a n00b friendly way to install new scary firmwares into Devhook easily. I simply modified it to make it neater, have wider compatibility, and also support the newest firmwares. I also made it so I could win some rocks in flatmush's little contest. I have now updated it to support more firmwares (for decrypting) and for running on more firmwares too.
To Use:

Extract everything to the root of your memory stick, put your firmware of choice in the root of your memory stick, and then run and enjoy!

Changelog:

Version 0.6h
*Bug fixes corresponding to previous version's additions
*Added newest Devhook and folders for all the firmwares you could decrypt (though unsupported)

Version 0.6g
*Added full support for 3.30 (didn't forget anything this time)

Version 0.6f
*Added full support for 3.11 (Didn't realize it was missing)
*Minor bug fixes

Known Issues:

None yet, and I have tested it. Seems to work fine running on all firmwares.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Basil Zero
April 4th, 2007, 15:56
cant wait to get home and try this out

hope its safe though lol

ORGAN
April 4th, 2007, 16:42
I will try this right "now" thanks Bro

justinswood
April 4th, 2007, 17:06
I've not had a look at devhook for a while, so can anyone tell me whether the PS1 emulator is working when using the newer firmware through devhook?

Veskgar
April 4th, 2007, 17:35
That is great how DevHook can emulate even the newest 3.30 firmware.

I had thought that DevHook could not play PSX games with POPS? Maybe that was just the official SONY released games though.

DevHook is amazing. I have not needed to use it lately but I will never forget it. And who knows someday I may use it again.

Anyway, thanks for updating this great firmware installer.

Buddy4point0
April 4th, 2007, 20:11
YES!
3.30 is great and now im even more ancshious for 3.30 oe

ish420ism
April 4th, 2007, 21:04
have not used devhook since first OE's. It was great when I did use it. But had no use for it since

xg917
April 4th, 2007, 21:13
yea devhook was awsome when i used it. especially for HEN users. wehn i was a HEN user, i used devhook all of the time!

Solidsnake3000
April 5th, 2007, 06:37
i'll just w8 for the 3.30 OE-A but anyways why do people sstill have 1.50 when the OE's are truly greater

b8a
April 5th, 2007, 08:33
i'll just w8 for the 3.30 OE-A but anyways why do people sstill have 1.50 when the OE's are truly greater
Who said this thread was in any way anti-OE?

Known Issues:

None yet, and I have tested it. Seems to work fine running on all firmwares.
This program still works on the custom firmwares. It is not Devhook, and even if it were, there's no competition between the two. Please don't be so obtuse to insinuate that your personal choice to run OE in any way makes Devhook or this installer obsolete.

Rule of thumb: if you don't care about the subject of a thread, please don't post in it. Save the bravado and 'leet attitude for junk.

jeffred
April 5th, 2007, 08:50
I copied the folders as directed to my card but can not see dh when I go to memory stick on my psp. I have a 1.50 psp and all my emus show up as normal. Do I have to take folders out of folders and put them across

xg917
April 6th, 2007, 03:00
the devhook firmware installer just quit on me for no reason. it shut off my psp. iono wut happened. imma try it again

ish420ism
April 6th, 2007, 08:16
Who said this thread was in any way anti-OE?

This program still works on the custom firmwares. It is not Devhook, and even if it were, there's no competition between the two. Please don't be so obtuse to insinuate that your personal choice to run OE in any way makes Devhook or this installer obsolete.

Rule of thumb: if you don't care about the subject of a thread, please don't post in it. Save the bravado and 'leet attitude for junk.

No ones dissing DevHook, I think you got your Translation WRONG
Don't trip fishb8 but I LMAO on that one. :rofl:

b8a
April 6th, 2007, 09:14
No ones dissing DevHook, I think you got your Translation WRONG
Don't trip fishb8 but I LMAO on that one. :rofl:
Hmm? Now you got me laughing my head off. Who was talking to you? I was responding to:

i'll just w8 for the 3.30 OE-A
The guy makes it sound like users are being forced to choose between Devhook and Dark_AleX's custom firmwares. I was simply pointing out that both programs have their own place, irregardless of whether he, you, or anybody else out there thinks that the custom firmwares supersede Devhook.

If you guys aren't using Devhook, YOU'RE SUPER! You're the 'leet cream of the crop, and everyone knows how special you are. You really don't need to drop snide remarks in a Devhook related thread just to prove it.

psxiso
April 6th, 2007, 14:22
I still use devhook until now and actually i have never touch OE stuff.
I don't need to go into detail between the two, just personal interest.

gusgus
April 6th, 2007, 19:19
I also have never touched OE stuff. My PSP had 1.5 on it when I bought it new, and I've been happy with it. Never touched the firmware - never will. ( thank god, and the person who made it, for devhook though )

burrito
April 6th, 2007, 19:30
Can this emulate 3.30 or does it just dump it?

xg917
April 6th, 2007, 19:58
i tried dumping it with this installer and it didnt work . it reads 3.30 eboot but then says DONE! then sais something about the ipl then shuts off my psp and i have to turn it back on. sorry but this didnt work for me

gusgus
April 6th, 2007, 22:26
really? That kind of stinks. I was going to try it if it worked out for you. ( I'm still using .44 or something like that )

stax120
April 13th, 2007, 09:39
Can someone email me this file at [email protected] . I am having trouble downloading the file due to a problem with my isp

ljbirden
April 19th, 2007, 05:52
After choosing the firmware and then running devhook, it just reboots. Can someone help me?

harryb
September 4th, 2007, 08:57
hey can sum1 give me a hand? im runnin devhook currently so i can play 2.71 games, but i need 3.30 now to play newer ones. so i take it this thing will let me..but do i need to keep devhook on or take it off or wat?