PDA

View Full Version : Help for Newbie

corper
April 4th, 2007, 16:06
Hi all. My son has a PSP with firmware version 1.50. He uses Devhook 46 to play his ISO's. He has been bugging me becuase he has no web browser like his mates do on their updated PSP's. Is there a way to update to a newer firmware version and still use Devhook?

Thanks

steve-b
April 4th, 2007, 16:10
you want to investigate 3.10oe (open edition). This will allow him to do everything that devhook can do, everything that the new firmwares can do (including web browsing). If you go down this route, you don't actually need devhook any more.

If you search around on these forums you will find plenty of guides to installing the open edition firmwares.

You should be careful about mention ISO's here. It is a taboo subject

corper
April 4th, 2007, 17:00
Ok thanks for the help and the warning..

corper
April 4th, 2007, 18:20
Ok so i have installed the 3.10oe all installed fine. but so far none of my games will play. They show up in the memory card icon corretcly but when selected the screen remains black. any help appreciated. thanks

weirdelf
April 4th, 2007, 18:53
If you are talking about the isos then make a folder called iso in the root of your memory stick and put them there.

corper
April 4th, 2007, 19:27
hi yep already done that.

jak66
April 4th, 2007, 20:39
you may have to change some options in recovery menu

disable no-umd and enable plain modules in umd/iso. that may get some working. but you need to go to other forums for more help, this thread is bound to get locked soon as it mainly involves iso talk

corper
April 4th, 2007, 20:50
sorted it wa to do with the no-umd settings using a retail umd and all works fine. thanks all for your input