PDA

View Full Version : PS3: Rumor finally squashed, MGS4 to stay PS3 exclusive

April 4th, 2007, 20:42
Moving on, I remind him of a comment he made last year comparing each of the three current consoles to "different kinds of dinner". Did he still think that was the case, now that all three are on the market? Nope. "They're more like a movie theatre metaphor", he says.

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

I look for a funny/revealing insight into the comment, then realise he's probably quite close to the mark. Still, by that admission, if the PS3 is Hollywood, is he feeling the heat of being the system's first big, exclusive title? "Yes, there is pressure", he admits, "but there is Final Fantasy XIII coming out as well, so it's not all me!".

Still on MGS4, I ask whether this really is the end. He's said repeatedly he wants to walk away at the end of this game, and the trailers seem to show everyone from the series getting together for one final shootout. So when MGS4 hits, will you hang up your boots? "Well, atually its really up to the users, its up to them to decide", he offers.

"If users want more Metal Gear, then I will probably step up as producer, like the James Bond series does", he says. "That way I can have new, upcoming directors making MGS while I oversee the project, and then perhaps I can move onto something new".

Something new, eh? Like your long, and oft-rumoured collaboration with Suda? "The collaboration with Suda is a little different", Kojima says. "It's something I've been thinking about for about 10 years now, but unfortunately can't concentrate on right now because we're so busy with MGS4".

Pity. So, Devil May Cry 4, going multiplatform. Thoughts? Comments? "I think it's up to each project, and the individual producer", he says. "If they want to take it multiplatform, they will". I'm going somewhere with this question, and he knows exactly where that is...

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day

via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/feature-talkin-metal-gear-with-hideo-kojima-248695.php)

lmtlmt
April 4th, 2007, 23:20
hah that showed the 360 fanboys:D

pkmusicmaker
April 4th, 2007, 23:43
In my opinion, if a game goes multiplatform, then it's not taking full advantage of what the ps3 has to offer. I want a game that's too much for the 360 to handle.

JKKDARK
April 5th, 2007, 00:07
damn, I wanted an 360 port :(

SSaxdude
April 5th, 2007, 00:31
It's just a rumor. Even still, I won't blow $600 just to play MGS4, but if it does get ported it will be a nice treat. A PS3 only MGS4 will result in much less sales for Konami, I guess that's their loss.

markymark1
April 5th, 2007, 01:06
Obviously the people there havent quite seen into the green zone of the 360...(ok u could say black cos of the elite but that ruins my joke)

i dont really think there has been a game so far that is 360 exclusive that has even got near the borders of needing to go multi-platform to make it bigger.

dont get my wrong i want to play MGS4 as much as any gaming freak(no offence) but if thats the way u want to play it then fine!!!
bring it Sony!

mavsman4457
April 5th, 2007, 01:27
I'm so glad that this is and has been exclusive all along. Blu-Ray gives it so much more space to work with and will allow MGS4 to have an incredible environment with more features than the 360 could offer with DVD.

eazy-e
April 5th, 2007, 02:32
sony all the wayyy

PLZKLLME0080
April 5th, 2007, 02:33
wow is that the first PS3 game that was to be PS3 exclusive that stayd that way?

April 5th, 2007, 11:34
wow is that the first PS3 game that was to be PS3 exclusive that stayd that way?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Killzone
Afrika
Lair
LittleBigPlanet
Tekken 6
Ridge Racer 7
Warhawk
Final Fantasy XIII
Gran Turismo 5

Theres even more than that, if you get past rumours like this then there's actually a lot of exclusive titles.

JKKDARK
April 5th, 2007, 14:48
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Killzone
Afrika
Lair
LittleBigPlanet
Tekken 6
Ridge Racer 7
Warhawk
Final Fantasy XIII
Gran Turismo 5

Theres even more than that, if you get past rumours like this then there's actually a lot of exclusive titles.

Final Fantasy XIII can be multiplatform

April 5th, 2007, 16:01

Can doesn't mean definitely will though.

DPyro
April 5th, 2007, 18:59

FFXIII will be exclusive at launch.

Uchuu
April 6th, 2007, 21:01
FFXIII will be exclusive at launch.

Yes........at launch. Hopefully it'll stay that way too.

PLZKLLME0080
April 6th, 2007, 21:12
Yes........at launch. Hopefully it'll stay that way too.

yes, or the PS3 will be dead.

gdf
April 6th, 2007, 21:44
why are all the sony fanboys so sad about defending the ps3? so what if one game stays exclusive. i'm a massive mgs fan but i have a 360. to be honest i see little difference between 360 and ps3. besides, this is hardly confirmation. this is just what kojima is saying right now. he has said the polar opposite in previous interviews and has indicated an interest in 360. most of the other games that are exclusive are sony published and to be honest better alternatives can be found on 360. The ps3 is a good peice of kit, it's just not as amazing as some people seem to think it is. also ffxiii is unlikely to stay exclusive the way ps3 sales are going(ninja gaiden sigma is exclusive but more revsamped versions of the game and the sequel will be ion 360 anyway) . the other day i saw a guy walk into game, pick one off the shelf and take it home without any preorder.

F9zDark
April 6th, 2007, 22:29
why are all the sony fanboys so sad about defending the ps3? so what if one game stays exclusive. i'm a massive mgs fan but i have a 360. to be honest i see little difference between 360 and ps3. besides, this is hardly confirmation. this is just what kojima is saying right now. he has said the polar opposite in previous interviews and has indicated an interest in 360. most of the other games that are exclusive are sony published and to be honest better alternatives can be found on 360. The ps3 is a good peice of kit, it's just not as amazing as some people seem to think it is. also ffxiii is unlikely to stay exclusive the way ps3 sales are going(ninja gaiden sigma is exclusive but more revsamped versions of the game and the sequel will be ion 360 anyway) . the other day i saw a guy walk into game, pick one off the shelf and take it home without any preorder.

He has NEVER stated the polar opposite in interviews. He DID say that for MGS4 he wanted a SINGLE-LAYER 50GB Blu-Ray. And in a totally unrelated interview he said he wanted to develop for the 360...

Sorry 360 fans, but that point alone shoots your hopes right the **** out the window. Not only are 50GB single-layer BDs not possible yet, but that also destroys any hope of MGS4 being made for DVDs (whats that, like 10 discs?)

GDF, exclusive titles can make or break a system. Imagine the Xbox's popularity if Halo was a multiplatform game, being released for all systems. Or imagine how 360 fanboys would feel if someone started a rumor about Halo 3 making its way to the PS3.

Point is, without exclusive titles, gamers have little reason to by one console over another, especially when the console's offerings are nearly identical.

And one needs to only consider how Halo totally made the Xbox brand what it is. If Halo was never made, there probably wouldn't be an Xbox360...

April 6th, 2007, 23:01

Yeah, one title will decide the fate of the console, what a well thought out point congratulations

JKKDARK
April 6th, 2007, 23:06

If the Dreamcast is still not dead, a Sony console will not die after like 7 years.