PDA

View Full Version : Burnout 5 screens crash into internet

Shrygue
April 4th, 2007, 21:59
via Xbox 360 Fanboy (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/04/04/burnout-5-screens-crash-into-internet/)

Over a dozen Burnout 5 screens hit the internet recently. The screens were evidently part of an exclusive preview. We looked around and found a Burnout 5 preview posted at GamePro.com. At least, the preview used to be there. It has since been pulled at the request of Electronic Arts. Still, the screens and the preview are floating around, as things tend to do on the 'net. Lord knows how long it will be up, so you'd best take it in now.

For the sake of our readers, we'll summarize what's new. First of all, Burnout 5 (working title) is an open world game. In other words, you no longer choose your events from a menu. Instead you activate them inside the world (known as Paradise City). As Criterion's Alex Ward describes it, a race could turn into a road rage, which could turn into a pursuit, eventually ending with the player being taken out by another driver. Since you crashed anyway, why not record it as a crash mode run? According to Ward, this is the experience Criterion is aiming for in Burnout 5. Speaking of crashes, the cars now contain 80 destructible parts, making for some much more detailed "accidents." Another new feature is the driver's license, which acts as a player's stat tracker. As a player increases his stats, his driving level will increase, allowing him to take better control of more advanced vehicles. The idea behind this is to keep players from simply unlocking the "best" car and leaving it at that. Without a high enough skill level, a good car becomes harder to drive.

The screenshots can currently be viewed here (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=517430). Leave feedback via comments.

PLZKLLME0080
April 4th, 2007, 22:06
Those are some GOOD graphics.

ninja9393
April 5th, 2007, 00:04
those look like some great new shiny cars to DESTROY!!!!

Triv1um
April 5th, 2007, 00:09
This will be out on the ps3 too right?

I only looked at screens, didn't read.

PLZKLLME0080
April 5th, 2007, 00:10
This will be out on the ps3 too right?

I only looked at screens, didn't read.

i didnt read either, will it be on the PS2 also. im broke after getting my new guitar so i cant get a PS3 or other new game system.

Prasoc
April 6th, 2007, 15:35
Yes it will be on the ps3. last paragraph.

I LURV Burnout games! these graphix look amazing *goes out to buy hdtv and x360* lol