PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for 3.3 OE?

tophead420
April 5th, 2007, 01:37
I got to wondering about the new customfirmware and thought to myself am I ready to upgrade yet? The answer is no. Why you might ask? Cause I dont have the 3.3 update. So how many of you are already getting prepared for 3.3 OE? I myself am downloading the 3.3 update right now and getting my 1.5 update ready so I can be ready to upgrade once I find out that 3.3 OE is released (that and if it supports custom icons) I recommend getting prepared early so you can be ready to upgrade ASAP. So how many of us are you ready to upgrade to 3.3 OE? Once this update is complete I'm ready. How about you?

factor remix
April 5th, 2007, 02:03
I will upgrade, if it has a n64 full speed emulator that can run zelda ocarina of time with sound and with zero bugs...

I know, you may be thinking that I am in crack or something...? I hope this dream come true...

EDIT: Just downloading 3.30 UPDATE.PBP...

maxi_jac
April 5th, 2007, 02:08
-I don't see why this post made frontpage :confused:
-It does not take 10 hours to download 2 update EBOOT ....
-No need to rush, you may take risks and brick ...
- Still don't see the point of the topic :p
-IF you are ready to upgrade at the second the OE is released, maybe it will not have been confirmed / tested if icons work so you'll still have to wait for the answer...
-etc ...

(nothing against you )
++ B.

DarthPaul
April 5th, 2007, 02:11
Oh thanks for the reminder tophead. Gonna download the 3.30 update now.

Edited: Omg my number of posts..

factor remix
April 5th, 2007, 02:13
omg darthpaul... thats scary (really)

shango46
April 5th, 2007, 02:20
I cant wait. I have been on this site doing my own little countdown until 3.30 OE for a couple hours now. I am still wondering what that surprise feature is.

Anger
April 5th, 2007, 02:24
i am always ready for a new custom firmware but for the second time i cannot justify upgrading without having to sacrifice one of the things that make custom firmwares great - custom icons. i say second time because i did not go to 3.10. i fully appreciate his work and respect it as well but i still like the ability to make the psp a little more personal than sony allows. if we update we lose a little bit more of that unless d_a finds a way to do it, however i dont think he should spend time on this because it can detract away from the more important issue - playing the latest games with full functionality and of course compatibility.

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 02:25
i think there going to release a regular CF of 3.30, then release a patch with new custom features. I could be mistaken however.

ExcruciationX
April 5th, 2007, 02:38
I can't wait either.

samthegreat68
April 5th, 2007, 02:40
im still at the first one where you can play popstation. i dont upgrade unless i absolutely have to

de.silva89
April 5th, 2007, 02:40
I have not seen it anywhere but I think if Dark Alex could implement working remote play for ps3 then it would be fantastic, at the mo I am stuck with Devhook and as it is emulation it does cause slightly more lagging ontop of the already laggy interface :(

Other than that DA is a programming god!

S34MU5
April 5th, 2007, 02:45
I am still on 1.5

PLZKLLME0080
April 5th, 2007, 02:50
I am still on 1.5

so am i, but im upgrading to an OE soon.

shadowprophet
April 5th, 2007, 02:51
With that my psp is perfect. In time I will have to do something, as I will want to play crisis core when it is released. untill then, My psp is perfect.
No more updates for me.

went through the truble to customize my theme fully. No way im going to update on a whim, just to have to wait for apps months from now to change the theme again.

The hell with that. in fact. if crisis core doesnt come out soon, the hell with that too. :rolleyes:

BrooksyX
April 5th, 2007, 02:56
I downloaded the 3.30 update as soon as I heard that Dark_Alex was making 3.30 OE. I prefer the stock look with a black background so the top_menu.rco thing doesn't bother me. Plus I like the new features that are coming with it.

Buddy4point0
April 5th, 2007, 03:12
dude ! i cant wait

Ryupowerup
April 5th, 2007, 03:40
will i got the 3.30 update and 1.5 update all ready to go

darkpoetjk
April 5th, 2007, 03:45
Personally I can not wait.. currently I am overseas in an area that I really can't discuss here, but when I get back I will def download 3.3 from Dark Alex... Im currently running 3.1 and Im still loving it. I just hope they fix the CRASH bug on FF8. Also when are those new 32gig pro duo sticks comming out? I'm going to put all the final fantasy serries on ONE stick as soon as that is possible.. I really don't give a damn about custom icons... ya its cool and all but if D/A can make it to where I can get onto the whole T-Mobile web access areas, and also be able to play M4a files who really gives a damn?! Personally if I had the ability I'd try to learn all of this myself, but I really do not have the time. So ya.. I'm ready to update. Why not? I just hope Sony gives up on trying to punish us because we want more than what they are giving. I own a PS3 but I do not feel that it is nessassarry to PAY for converting a game that I allready own to PSP format. Thanks to Dark Alex I don't have to do that. I miss playing my nintendo... thanks to Dark Alex I dont have to hook the damn thing up, blow into the cartrige, and clean out my system every time I wanna just mess around with zelda or something. Also... look at the atari emulators...I STILL HAVE My 2600 in working condition, but once again I don't haveto worry about hooking it up and playing "StarWars". Dark Alex has made it to where everything I want to do is in the palm of my hand.... now...as for the N64EMU...... I used to own one and the only game that MATTERS for the N64.... GOLDENEYE......... until it becomes multi player to where I can play other PSP owners FULL SPEED and have a screen of my own and not have to worry about theres....."that would be so sweet" Im notgoing to get it.... hmmm... but since we can do SNES-NES with ADHOC, I do not see why not N64 or even PS1 GAMES now... D/A if you are reading this mind hooking up the PS1 EMU with ADHOC? Im pretty sure there are plenty of useres who will pay you for such features........ hell Im one of them that will help fund you if needed.....

mnuhaily22
April 5th, 2007, 03:47
It is easy to get the update, just get it off of PSP-hacks.com...

gr42178
April 5th, 2007, 03:58
With that my psp is perfect. In time I will have to do something, as I will want to play crisis core when it is released. untill then, My psp is perfect.
No more updates for me.

went through the truble to customize my theme fully. No way im going to update on a whim, just to have to wait for apps months from now to change the theme again.

The hell with that. in fact. if crisis core doesnt come out soon, the hell with that too. :rolleyes:

Ive been waiting for that game foreeeeeeeeever, I dont think its ever gonna come out :mad:

dj2005
April 5th, 2007, 03:58
Got the 1.50 and 3.30 firmwares downloaded and just updated to 3.10OE-A'... I'm ready!

yoshinatsu
April 5th, 2007, 03:59
-IF you are ready to upgrade at the second the OE is released, maybe it will not have been confirmed / tested if icons work so you'll still have to wait for the answer...
-etc ...

(nothing against you )
++ B.

I agree. Plus, you know, minutes later torrent sites (or PSP-Hacks) upload a full version of the Custom Firmware, including all the files you'll need.
You made other people worry, too.

gr42178
April 5th, 2007, 04:00
Cant wait for it, wanna see whats new in POPS

Gene
April 5th, 2007, 04:54
I think i'll wait a few hours and see wat people are saying about it. just so i can be sure that it is safe to update. thats when i'll do my preparing

Basil Zero
April 5th, 2007, 05:33
i wont upgrade either unless there are actual worthy enough to get features

but by far, i would say, a update from DA is a worthy update to praise.

Solidsnake3000
April 5th, 2007, 05:58
For me iam just w8ting to ee if 3.30 has Dax support or any other cool features like sending movies & musicthrough WIFI Or being able to play any media type file that is out there like avi ogg and
rmvb Just sitting here makes me mad w8ting for it i cnt no long at the meantime et me get me a couble of games andupdate my cw cheat By the way Naruto Shippuden game fo the ps2 was released
iam currently on 3.10 OE-A' its good ad all but i want morehttp://www.thumbbandits.com/reviewimages/DMC3/Devil_May_Cry_3_Review_01.jpghttp://beta.pesepe.com/biblioarchivosdrupal/fm_publicos/active/6/screeeeeeeeeeenshooooot.jpg

Me pesonally i juts hope tha the devil may cry series hury up can come for the psp and that God of war

MicroNut
April 5th, 2007, 06:25
While I like the idea of being prepared.
I'll wait.
I don't like being on the "bleeding" edge of technology...

dj2005
April 5th, 2007, 06:45
For me iam just w8ting to ee if 3.30 has Dax support or any other cool features like sending movies & musicthrough WIFI Or being able to play any media type file that is out there like avi ogg and
rmvb Just sitting here makes me mad w8ting for it i cnt no long at the meantime et me get me a couble of games andupdate my cw cheat By the way Naruto Shippuden game fo the ps2 was released
iam currently on 3.10 OE-A' its good ad all but i want more

Me pesonally i juts hope tha the devil may cry series hury up can come for the psp and that God of war

I'd be in heaven if the PSP could somehow play AVI files. I'm extremely happy with whatever DA and his crew creates though. :thumbup:

BelmontSlayer
April 5th, 2007, 06:50
It does not take 10 hours to download 2 update EBOOT

I does if you're using dial-up! :rofl:

ab_geee_eee
April 5th, 2007, 07:03
i cant wait for the update. The moment i found out that 3.30 was decrypted i downloaded the 3.30 sony fw because i knew the CFW would come out soon. I already have the 1.50 eboot because i kept it after i upgraded to 3.03 oe-c.

Veskgar
April 5th, 2007, 08:00
i cant wait for the update. The moment i found out that 3.30 was decrypted i downloaded the 3.30 sony fw

Yup, same here. I usually download firmwares directly to my PSP with network update. I just don't install them obviously.

I am definitely ready (and willing) to upgrade. Any changes to POPS makes it worth it to me. The Video changes are nice too. And whatever "extra" stuff might be added peaks my curiosity and will likely be cool. Dark_AleX seems to have his own testing circle and his releases are always stable. And if there are issues found, there is usually a fix released.

So I am very confident and excited about 3.30 OE. Dark_AleX is definitely one of the main driving forces of the scene at the moment and my gratitude goes out to him and others who assist him.

Solidsnake3000
April 5th, 2007, 08:11
does any one know how to ad cw cheats for pops

tophead420
April 5th, 2007, 10:13
-etc ...

(nothing against you )
++ B.
-Well it made front page because I guess they thought it was front page material.
-I am on dial up so it takes me a while to download the updates I'd like to be ready instead of waiting after to download the update
-Whats risks might i take to Brick isnt updating to a DAX custom firmware to same its always been?
And for your last statement I believe its been comfirmed and if you mean by it being confirmed working do you actually think dark alex would release if it would brick? No he would test it first :rolleyes:

Personally I can not wait.. currently I am overseas in an area that I really can't discuss here, but when I get back I will def download 3.3 from Dark Alex... Im currently running 3.1 and Im still loving it. I just hope they fix the CRASH bug on FF8. Also when are those new 32gig pro duo sticks comming out? I'm going to put all the final fantasy serries on ONE stick as soon as that is possible.. I really don't give a damn about custom icons... ya its cool and all but if D/A can make it to where I can get onto the whole T-Mobile web access areas, and also be able to play M4a files who really gives a damn?! Personally if I had the ability I'd try to learn all of this myself, but I really do not have the time. So ya.. I'm ready to update. Why not? I just hope Sony gives up on trying to punish us because we want more than what they are giving. I own a PS3 but I do not feel that it is nessassarry to PAY for converting a game that I allready own to PSP format. Thanks to Dark Alex I don't have to do that. I miss playing my nintendo... thanks to Dark Alex I dont have to hook the damn thing up, blow into the cartrige, and clean out my system every time I wanna just mess around with zelda or something. Also... look at the atari emulators...I STILL HAVE My 2600 in working condition, but once again I don't haveto worry about hooking it up and playing "StarWars". Dark Alex has made it to where everything I want to do is in the palm of my hand.... now...as for the N64EMU...... I used to own one and the only game that MATTERS for the N64.... GOLDENEYE......... until it becomes multi player to where I can play other PSP owners FULL SPEED and have a screen of my own and not have to worry about theres....."that would be so sweet" Im notgoing to get it.... hmmm... but since we can do SNES-NES with ADHOC, I do not see why not N64 or even PS1 GAMES now... D/A if you are reading this mind hooking up the PS1 EMU with ADHOC? Im pretty sure there are plenty of useres who will pay you for such features........ hell Im one of them that will help fund you if needed.....
I have been able to play FF8 since I got ps1 games on my psp. I never had any problems at all with it

I agree. Plus, you know, minutes later torrent sites (or PSP-Hacks) upload a full version of the Custom Firmware, including all the files you'll need.
You made other people worry, too.
Didnt one of those brick a few psps once time and And I think its best if you download the files yourself so you know it all there but that your opinion I could care less. Plus not all people use those packs

I does if you're using dial-up! :rofl:
Yes it does my friend yes it does. Im a proud dial up user :p

b_simpson1999
April 5th, 2007, 10:39
well for some odd reason i can't use 3.03OE cos my ps1 don't work it only seems to work on 3.10OE-A/3.10OE-A' and my iso (yes i know i can't talk about it lol) only seem to work when i take out my umd and put it in again after loading it and even then i get a blank screen, but i don't like 1.5 cos it don't allow backgrounds and umd off thing and i can't use my umd without having to put something on my ms to run them so really i only use homebrews and ps1 and umd (not iso's for reason above), i can't see the hype for custom icons though (but that me) but it be nice to get of those you don't use
though i did have 3.03 hen to help my downgrade (not sure if that make a diffrence)

ORGAN
April 5th, 2007, 13:02
Yea i got the uppdate the day the 3.30 dumper came out..

emuking
April 5th, 2007, 13:13
Im Ready!

starogre
April 5th, 2007, 13:56
what's the point of this topic and what's the point of 3.3 OE?

oooooooh larger video formats! YES! WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED! >_>

Veskgar
April 5th, 2007, 14:03
what's the point of this topic and what's the point of 3.3 OE?

oooooooh larger video formats! YES! WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED! >_>

Well I use this analogy a lot but it is again valid in response to your post.

The main point of 3.30 OE for many is POPS. We all download the newest releases of daedalus, gpSP, and other emulators the second they are released don't we?

Well, the same excitement and enthusiasm goes for the changes in POPS. SONY may not give a detailed list of all of the technical changes regarding the code but regardless its still a new release of a FULL SPEED PSX emulator.

So.... why wouldn't you want 3.30 OE?

NJisMYhome
April 5th, 2007, 14:15
will the 3.30 oe update fix the bugs in ps1 games like RE2 when it freezes when you get to the police station??? and if i already have a custom theme on my psp like the mario one with the mario icons and stuff, do i have to remove it before i upgrade to 3.30???

tgm123
April 5th, 2007, 15:45
hands up who thinks pops needs analogue controller support instead of just the dpad, (and i dont mean using the psp stick as the psx dpad, i mean the psp stick as the analogue psx stick)

kharaboudjan
April 5th, 2007, 15:55
u can use the analouge controller for ps1 games already!

And yes, the only reason i would upgrade from 3.10 OE to 3.30 OE is the POPS!! for example make more video screen views :)

factor remix
April 5th, 2007, 16:30
will the 3.30 and if i already have a custom theme on my psp like the mario one with the mario icons and stuff, do i have to remove it before i upgrade to 3.30???

no... the update will contain all original the xmb...

ps: its much better if you downgrade to 1.50 and the upgrade, its saver

Flatlander
April 5th, 2007, 16:47
i just want topmenu to work! i've been on 3.10 and too lazy to go to 3.03, but i have my hopes!

bigboss24
April 5th, 2007, 17:58
I'm kind of ready, but after posting yesterday I realized the fallacy in my thinking: DAX can put out the 3.30 OE firmware, but I am still going to need a downgrader from something newer than 2.71. :(

I can only hope there's a 3.10, 3.11, or 3.30 downgrader released along with 3.30 OE, but I won't hold my breath.

Xanthier
April 5th, 2007, 18:46
Just to point out, there's a 3.03 downgrader around. My current PSP wouldn't downgrade from 2.71 and after 3 hours I got bored so used that instead.

bigboss24
April 5th, 2007, 18:51
Just to point out, there's a 3.03 downgrader around. My current PSP wouldn't downgrade from 2.71 and after 3 hours I got bored so used that instead.

Unfortunately, I'm on 3.10. So unless the 3.03 downgrader works for 3.10, I'm out of luck.

cashboxz02
April 5th, 2007, 19:15
AnY SeCoNd nOw. i'Ve bEeN WaItInG aT My cOmPuTeR SiNcE YeStErDaY.

maxi_jac
April 5th, 2007, 19:54
ps: its much better if you downgrade to 1.50 and the upgrade, its saverNo it's not :confused:

twice more flashing => more risk to brick ( uncommon )

++ B.

factor remix
April 5th, 2007, 20:02
No it's not :confused:

twice more flashing => more risk to brick ( uncommon )

++ B.

not really, its much save to do this:

3.02 OE-B > 1.50 > 3.03 OE-C > 1.50 > 3.10 OE-A

than this: 3.03 OE-B > 3.03 OE-C > 3.10 OE-A

dj2005
April 5th, 2007, 20:11
not really, its much save to do this:

3.02 OE-B > 1.50 > 3.03 OE-C > 1.50 > 3.10 OE-A

than this: 3.03 OE-B > 3.03 OE-C > 3.10 OE-A

No it is not. DA's firmwares do a complete wipe when flashing so going back to 1.5 every time is pointless and is probably more riskier than going straight to the new firmware.

h4s30
April 5th, 2007, 21:37
how bout instead of actually upgrading the firmware update the pops emu instead so it would be like 3.03 and then 3.3 pops hmmmm...its only a question though

wiredforpower
April 5th, 2007, 21:37
sounds really good, cant wait

Apoklepz
April 5th, 2007, 22:03
I've been enjoying my 3.03 OE for some time right now, but I'll probably upgrade to a higher DAX firmware given there's still support for the following two things:

- Custom XMB icons and such

- Better & More stable Popstation

I hope 3.30 OE does the trick....and if it doesn't, it's still awesome work.

ab_geee_eee
April 6th, 2007, 10:54
Yeah i was just wondering do i need like a new recovery when i upgrade to 3.30 OE-A just asking. Did you need a new recovery when you upgraded from 3.03 OE-C to 3.10OE-A?

haaroon
April 6th, 2007, 11:01
i just cant wait i'm checking twice a day everyday for the update,,, can't sleep to exicted

DarthPaul
April 6th, 2007, 12:41
Today today today today!![hopefully]

vonsmittle
April 6th, 2007, 13:32
When is this 3.30 OE gonna happen? And any word on what will be available?

I sooo want a fix for RE2 lol :D

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 14:11
is there a custom firmware for 3.11 yet?

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 14:12
i still only got 3.11 cuz idk wat 1 will cum first :D

Camelot
April 6th, 2007, 14:13
i still only got 3.11 cuz idk wat 1 will cum first :D

lol 3.11? your an idiot

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 14:13
i check like 10 times a day i cant wait xD

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 14:15
lol.....idk really wat im doin im only new to hackin and stuff :)

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 14:17
and i didnt tri any custom firmwares yet so i wants to tri it REAL bad lol :)

mike-piercey
April 6th, 2007, 14:19
cuz i nos how to put on psx and full games and new fonts and a new theme you can get all that stuff on http://pimpyourpsp.net.tc its a wicked site :D

Accordion
April 6th, 2007, 14:47
please edit your posts, four in a row!

you can delete your posts using the edit button.

your welcome

Cokemusic
April 6th, 2007, 15:39
Everyone who wants 3.0OE should dump their psp's and get a life.

***Negative Reputation + 30***

Jkn....

On a serious note I just want 3.30 so I can brag to my other psp using friends that i got it first.

xg917
April 6th, 2007, 16:15
mike take off that FING LINK. ISOS ARE FORBIDDEN IN DCEMU!!

ab_geee_eee
April 6th, 2007, 16:30
Come on come on. Isnt it supposed to be out by now?

NJisMYhome
April 6th, 2007, 20:25
will this fix the problem in re2 where it freezes when u go to the police station????

Gold Line
April 6th, 2007, 20:58
Everyone who wants 3.0OE should dump their psp's and get a life.

***Negative Reputation + 30***

Jkn....

On a serious note I just want 3.30 so I can brag to my other psp using friends that i got it first.

i want neg rep +30 please

gamerremag
April 6th, 2007, 22:26
will this fix the problem in re2 where it freezes when u go to the police station????

2 things...

1. this isnt the right forum to post that in...

2. if you would have looked at the compatibility thread, you would have seen that, that is what happens.

ab_geee_eee
April 7th, 2007, 12:51
any hour or day now...

ab_geee_eee
April 7th, 2007, 12:51
Ive been waiting soooo long.

ab_geee_eee
April 7th, 2007, 12:52
Will i need 3.10 OE-A or will i be able to upgrade from 3.03 OE-C???