PDA

View Full Version : JAJAH brings VoIP to PSP

wraggster
April 5th, 2007, 20:58
via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/05/jajah-brings-voip-to-psp/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/04/psp_jajahmobile.jpg

Despite chatter of impending PSP voice functionality from players such as Vonage, Xten, and of course Sony itself, VoIP is one area in which the DS has been trumping its Japanese rival -- until now, that is. That's right, Skype-rival JAJAH has just announced that its free or low-cost service is available immediately to PSP users, and instead of having to download a standalone application, everything is handled through the web broswer: contacts appear as links, and simply clicking one or typing in a phone number initiates the call. What's more, the company is promising impending compatibility with all three current-gen living room consoles, along with the older-but-still-kicking PlayStation 2. Alright Sony, now that someone's given you a kick in the pants, you finally gonna bring that hot VoIP action over here from Japan?

More Info (http://blog.jajah.com/index.php?/archives/206-PSP-PlayStation-Portable-gamers-around-the-globe-Call-with-JAJAH!.html)

xg917
April 5th, 2007, 21:08
jajahahahah i love the name, lmao

so "free or low-cost"........ wtf, which one is it! and is it available for america?

LilSwish722
April 5th, 2007, 21:14
This would be AWESOME if it wasnt $20

wiredforpower
April 5th, 2007, 21:26
The price would have to be pretty low/nothing for me to use this, since the only wifi connection I'm around most of the time is at my house

Uberman
April 5th, 2007, 21:56
Unless I'm mistaken, the PSP doesn't have a mic. How are you supposed to use VoIP without one? :confused:

Axelius
April 5th, 2007, 22:00
Unless I'm mistaken, the PSP doesn't have a mic. How are you supposed to use VoIP without one? :confused:
This is exactly the same question I wonder about?!

wolfpack
April 5th, 2007, 22:08
id use it if it was free, i wouldnt pay for it though.

DarthPaul
April 5th, 2007, 22:09
This is exactly the same question I wonder about?!

They could make a new one or use the Socom Head-set.

xg917
April 5th, 2007, 22:14
yea socom head set

IM back!
April 5th, 2007, 22:48
that woul be rely sweet!

Buddy4point0
April 6th, 2007, 00:20
seriously dude that would rock

xg917
April 6th, 2007, 01:22
it would rock if there was connection everywhere rather than being in a certain wifi spot to talk like at my house or starbucks or panera bread

ish420ism
April 6th, 2007, 08:28
it would rock if there was connection everywhere rather than being in a certain wifi spot to talk like at my house or starbucks or panera bread

That's what I was thinking, with out the panera:eek:
:rofl:

Nocuddle
April 6th, 2007, 08:58
Chotto Shot Camera is also a mic.

kam30en
April 14th, 2007, 22:26
This is crap, this is not VOIP, this is a connection service, basically it uses the net to connect two phones....this is good for annoying people with prank calls, but not much else. There's no need for a mic for this, because it doesn't use the psp to talk.