PDA

View Full Version : Is the PS3 in a race against time?

Shrygue
April 5th, 2007, 21:10
via PS3 Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/04/05/is-the-ps3-in-a-race-against-time/)

In all fairness, if you're racing against time, you can't possible expect to win. How can you beat time? It's already where you're trying to go, because when you get there, it's... whatever. Time is a silly concept. Over at Reuters, a lengthy topic was posted regarding the future of the PlayStation 3. We'll outline the main points of argument they make and you can make your own arguments afterwards!

To succeed, the PS3 needs to hold onto third-party titles. (We may add... timed exclusives would be best)
The demand for HDTV's is skyrocketing -- that will hold a major advantage over, say, the Wii in the living room of the future.
The PS3 launch almost mirrors the PS2 launch -- initial supply troubles, lack of impressive titles, complaints about the difficulty to program for... but look at how the PS2 turned out.
Cut the PS3's price!
Have a strong, stable series of games!

Leave feedback via comments.

paul1991
April 6th, 2007, 16:59
Sony has a bad reputation. They are now associated with the fat smelly kid that is failing math class.

The wii is associated with the clean, well dressed kid.

April 6th, 2007, 17:20

The iPod owning, trend whoring kids that like to wear knitted jumpers and sit around in Starbucks discussing the latest Fallout Boy album.

potatoman
April 6th, 2007, 17:56
over a nice glass of cold milk.

F9zDark
April 6th, 2007, 18:07
Sony has a bad reputation. They are now associated with the fat smelly kid that is failing math class.

Hah that is the most absurd analogy I have ever heard. The PS3 has far more computational power than the Wii, so failing math class is out of the question.

And why a fat smelly kid? The PS3 is large for a console, I'll give you that, but smelly?

A more accurate analogy would be:

PS3 is Einstein on steroids.

The Wii would be the metrosexual guy. The kind of person that (gay) guys and gals dig, but don't bother asking out because they are unsure as to whether he is homosexual or not.

I'd have gotten Nintendo's console had they left the name as Revolution. But I am not about to give Nintendo money for anything that resembles a 4 year old's word for piss.

alucard001
April 6th, 2007, 20:55
wii is for retards and ps3 is for smart people (i own the ps3)

mavsman4457
April 8th, 2007, 01:53
The iPod owning, trend whoring kids that like to wear knitted jumpers and sit around in Starbucks discussing the latest Fallout Boy album.

Don't put a lable on Fallout Boy fans. Some of them are normal.

knight of video game
April 12th, 2007, 20:46
so u own one 2 thats cool alucard001
i think that the ps3 isnt going to come back in the race
the Xbox 360 and nintendo wii will have them beat for a long time and the fact that they are breaking off with FF seires which will hurt them in the long run and the other fact of halo 3 coming out soon and theres alot of ppl waiting for it to

Tree
April 12th, 2007, 21:44
not everyone likes halo ... i didnt realy like it wen i played it

knight of video game
April 13th, 2007, 13:46
but there are alot of ppl out here that do play itand like the game
but if gta 4 comes out for the xbox 360 its all over for sony and im a sony fan

Tree
April 13th, 2007, 14:19
gta IV is coming out 4 both 360 nd PS3 ... but we got L.A. Noire from rockstar that look quite cool :P nd its excluive ... also we ave the getaway ... and driver nd i like games like these ... and many other people do aswell

knight of video game
April 13th, 2007, 14:53
nice so sonys going down the crapper then bc gta 4 is a really good game and sonys not going to do so well

NoQuarter
April 13th, 2007, 14:54
The PS3 rocks,Resistance is an awesome game!!!
I personally like the PS3 better because of it's functionality.
I must saw that sony is smart, they've sold me on blue ray and HDTV with the ps3.
Not to mention remote play with a psp is great and the web browser is much faster than the psp one.
I really see no reason to buy a 360,there's just no killer title I really want.
Now if tekken was a 360 exclusive I'd probably buy one,otherwise I wont get one unless it's dirt cheap.

knight of video game
April 13th, 2007, 14:59
but there are ppl out there that want a xbox 360 for when halo 3 comes out

Tree
April 13th, 2007, 15:21
games anit just about halo ... Resistance is better than halo in my opinion nd remmber we have blu ray ... so fifa 08 we get alot more stuff than 360 nd we start off with more stuff than 360 with GTA IV coz we have the room for it

April 13th, 2007, 15:23
but there are ppl out there that want a xbox 360 for when halo 3 comes out

Whenever people talk about the 360 they seem to pin everything on Halo 3. Is that it? Just one mediocre generic first person shooter?

JKKDARK
April 13th, 2007, 15:26
wii is for retards and ps3 is for smart people (i own the ps3)

Can you prove what you say?

briyan
April 13th, 2007, 15:39
Resistance is better than Halo? puh-leez..just because you spent your hard-earned (from working or from your parents who live upstairs) money does not mean the only game it was worth (not really) it to get, is superior than anything else out there. and at that, Halo? wow sub-par game..boo hoo.."i don't have an Xbox and i haven't played it but everyont talks about it so it probalby is not a very good game", "but look what mommy gave me, Resistance, aliens back in the world-war era...mmm..best game ever!" come on! get off your fanboy high horses and i don't care if you praise Resistance and give it all that but please do not say it is better than Halo or that Halo is a sub-par 1st person shooter. you obviously haven't played it. i've played resistance and i think it's just decent. not the kind someone would fork $600+ over. when Halo 3 comes out and it IS a sub-par game? then let me know if that happens and i'll gladly go out and pick up the PS3 and the greatest game for it out there, Resistance.

April 13th, 2007, 15:47
I just don't see why everyone praises Halo as though God himself came down from heaven and ejaculated the source code onto the DVD. Its nothing special.

Tree
April 13th, 2007, 16:12
Resistance is better than Halo? puh-leez..just because you spent your hard-earned (from working or from your parents who live upstairs) money does not mean the only game it was worth (not really) it to get, is superior than anything else out there. and at that, Halo? wow sub-par game..boo hoo.."i don't have an Xbox and i haven't played it but everyont talks about it so it probalby is not a very good game", "but look what mommy gave me, Resistance, aliens back in the world-war era...mmm..best game ever!" come on! get off your fanboy high horses and i don't care if you praise Resistance and give it all that but please do not say it is better than Halo or that Halo is a sub-par 1st person shooter. you obviously haven't played it. i've played resistance and i think it's just decent. not the kind someone would fork $600+ over. when Halo 3 comes out and it IS a sub-par game? then let me know if that happens and i'll gladly go out and pick up the PS3 and the greatest game for it out there, Resistance.

na look at it my way i just dont like halo ... like if it come with a gun i would jump at it but it dont so i c it the same as every other shoot em up ... apparty time cristest is gonna come on the PS3 not sure bout 360 but i think that will be the bullocks of a game coz they come with guns and things ... but i c restience the same as halo mayb a bit better but i anit played halo that much only round friends

F9zDark
April 13th, 2007, 17:24

Having played Halo, Halo 2 and Resistance I will say this: no game is better than the other. Why?

Because they are both great games with great storylines. Neither Halo or Resistance improves much upon the FPS genre, as far as I am concerned both of them are mediocre FPS games, being used to the plethora of FPS games for PC.

But they are great story games and they tell very good stories. However, I see many people disliking Halo because its vastly popular.

Halo was originally developed for PC and even then it had a cult-following damn near. Then Microsoft bought Bungie and made them make Halo for the Xbox. This is where any dislike I have for the game really comes from; because Microsoft sought out a company that was making good games and bought them out to have those games come to their console.

A smart move but one that really pissed off fans of pre-Xbox Halo. And I firmly believe that had Microsoft not purchased Bungie the Xbox would have never been much competition against the Playstation brand. This much cannot be denied: Halo made the Xbox and ultimately Xbox Live what it is today. Without it, there probably wouldn't be an Xbox360.

Shadowblind
April 13th, 2007, 18:10
Can't say im a Sony fan after what they did to PSP, but some of the stuff you are saying is because you own a PS3, not because you like it. Subconcious or not, thats the truth in many cases. I dislike my Xbox and think the Wii is nice. I dislike the PS3 a little more then the Xbox due to its, ahem, "diseased" statistics.

knight of video game
April 13th, 2007, 19:59
Whenever people talk about the 360 they seem to pin everything on Halo 3. Is that it? Just one mediocre generic first person shooter?

ya its a first person shooter but sony or i should say the ps3 has only like 2 first person shooters and one of them isnt very fun its boring to say the most
but i still will go with the ps3 over xbox any day

sony is forever

Shadowblind
April 13th, 2007, 20:05
Screw Halo 3 to the wall. Gears of War, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Bio-Shock, Lost Planet, Spore, Crackdown...all amazing games. Only Halo 3 fanboys think the Xbox 360 is only for that game. Sure its gonna be a good game, but...Halo 2 sucked except for its multiplayer, and Gears of War pummeled that game to Oblivion with its multiplayer.

knight of video game
April 13th, 2007, 20:33
i agree with u on the halo 2's multplayer was the only good thing bc the campain sucked but it had online play rite away which most other games dont have

knight of video game
April 13th, 2007, 20:54
getting back to the matter at hand
can we really say sony is going to make a new console thats going to be better then the xbox 720 or are they not even going to be in the race when that happens or is some other event going to happen which will put sony ahead? but sony is in the race against the clock bc the xbox 360 is getting better every min and sonys not doing much to stop it and what about nintendo are they like sony or are they doing well? my personal thought is that sony will drop out of the race and mircosoft and nintendo will stay in and a new company will join the race for the next gen console but hey thats just my personal opinion on the matter. but if it all comes done to it the companys are the ones that decide these answers and other matters which of the following systems... and if the FF seires really moves to the xbox then its all over for sony and what ever other system the games are for.