PDA

View Full Version : DS-Xtreme does everything a PSP can

Shrygue
April 5th, 2007, 22:18
via Nintendo DS Fanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/04/05/ds-xtreme-does-everything-a-psp-can/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.dsfanboy.com/media/2007/04/dsxbitches.jpg

There seems to be a very positive correlation between ease of use and price in the world of homebrew, and the latest all-in-one product is no exception. The DS-Xtreme 2GB is touting itself as a PSP killer, featuring a decent amount of space for homebrew applications, music, and movies. It's an elegant solution, connecting to the PC via standard USB and fitting in the standard DS-cartridge slot with no extra hardware required ... but the damn thing costs $129.99.

If you're looking to break into the homebrew scene, which is actually quite developed on the DS, this is an excellent option, but we do highly recommend a bit of intelligent shopping before making your decision. The DS-X is not yet released, but it's close, so keep an out at their website (http://www.ds-x.com/) for the official date and further details.

Preorder DS-Xtreme Here (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=nds-dsxt16)

kcajblue
April 5th, 2007, 22:41
as always.
really expensive.

Cloudhunter
April 5th, 2007, 23:42
I really can't see how this does everything a PSP can...

Cloudy

skipboris
April 5th, 2007, 23:55
I paid much less for my supercard lite/superkey combo WITH 2gb micro sd. So, exact same size, cost much less, sits flush in my DS lite, AND can play GBA games & homebrew, which is huge. (Slot 1 solutions cant do GBA stuff). Why do I say huge? Vast GBA games selection out there, some of the best emulators are GBA only, like for NES and GBC. You cant use any of that with a slot 1, such as DS-X. I will say tho, that DS-X is simpler than slot 2 solutions with passkey. So, it would be easier to get into, and use. Also, I think slot 1 solutions play DS games 100% perfect, where slot 2 is not perfect. Of the dozen or so games I've tried on my supercard lite they all have worked perfect tho.

Payk
April 6th, 2007, 13:47
^^That was what i sayed when DS-Xtreme appeared first time.

"DS-Xtreme does everything a PSP can"
^^Can it play DivX/Xvid?
Can you surf in internet with DS-Xtreme? (i mean with DS-Xtreme! Sure there are homebrew apps but they dont have anything to do with DS-Xtreme it self)
Can it emulate N64 and PSX games like PSP?
Does it allow you to listen to mp3 while playing commercial games (like PSP homebrew apps can)?
Ahh and can you use it as NavigationSystem just like PSP with addon?

Nice, i am impressed.
:D
(sorry for doing such a sarcasm post, i just want to shwo you that you should take care when choosing a topic name. i knowed what you mean. But tehre are many who maybe misunderstand it, buy ds-xtreme and are dissapointed because of your topic name ;) I mean the content stil was interesting to read. Go on like that!)

EDIT: I just saw that you tooked over the title. I am sorry for what i said then. It wasnt your fault. You just linked to that article ;)

paul1991
April 6th, 2007, 16:30

^^Can it play DivX/Xvid?
Can you surf in internet with DS-Xtreme? (i mean with DS-Xtreme! Sure there are homebrew apps but they dont have anything to do with DS-Xtreme it self)
Does it allow you to listen to mp3 while playing commercial games (like PSP homebrew apps can)?

Nice, i am impressed.
(sorry for doing such a sarcasm post, i just want to shwo you that you should take care when choosing a topic name. i knowed what you mean. But tehre are many who maybe misunderstand it, buy ds-xtreme and are dissapointed because of your topic name ;) I mean the content stil was interesting to read. Go on like that!)

S***W You D**N sony lover.

It is expensive. The NCard and Its clones(DS linker, UFPEX, Neoflash MK5) Can Run DS organize and Moonshell and those cost only about 1/3 the price.

You can Get a 2Gigabyte(16 gigabit) Ncard from Sky 2k for 42 USD.

gunntims0103
April 6th, 2007, 16:38
pffffttttt........ Its so expensive and claims to do everything a PSP can. Give me a break, homebrew on the PSP is entirely free with no additional hardware purchase to run homebrew. The PSP power wise is beyond the DS. The PSP can do far more things than the DS can. I do acknologe that the DS homebrew scene does have an impressive library of homebrew games, but it is exceeded by the PSP's homebrew emulation library, and playing PS1 games full speed is a bonus.

PLZKLLME0080
April 6th, 2007, 17:03
wow, how many of them do they need to come out with? isnt this the 3rd?

JKKDARK
April 6th, 2007, 17:21

^^Can it play DivX/Xvid?

Nice, i am impressed.

EDIT: I just saw that you tooked over the title. I am sorry for what i said then. It wasnt your fault. You just linked to that article ;)

The sales say DS is A LOT better

girrrtacos
April 6th, 2007, 19:52
Hahaha, dsxbitches.jpg

Veskgar
April 6th, 2007, 22:48
This just might be what finally gets me started using homebrew/ROMS on my DS Lite.

A lot of people argued and still argue that homebrew is better or has more potential on the DS Lite than it does for the PSP but I have to strongly disagree. I think the PSP homebrew scene is leaps and bounds beyond the DS scene. Just my opinion.

Saying that this can do everything a PSP can do is definitely misleading and anything but accurate.

I would rather back my DS carts up to ROMS instead of switching carts all the time. Most GBA games that matter can play perfect on the PSP thanks to the brilliant work of Exophase.

So with 2GB of storage, I just might get this. I will keep an eye out on developments.

tsimehC
April 6th, 2007, 23:44
Way too expensive. I'd rather get a PSP.

Cloudhunter
April 6th, 2007, 23:59
The sales say DS is A LOT better

Yeah, but the DS is aimed at a different market to be honest.

Also, sales said that VHS was better than Betamax... Whereas Betamax far surpassed the quality of VHS.

In terms of hardware capability, the PSP is alot better.

Cloudy