PDA

View Full Version : SEGA Goes for the Bull

wraggster
April 5th, 2007, 23:55
via ign (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/778/778599p1.html)

SEGA has announced its next big game for the DS, but surprisingly it's not Sonic Rush 2 or Rub Rabbits 3. Instead the veteran Japanese publisher is focusing its efforts on the classic British pub game, darts.

Developed by Full Fat, Touch Darts features cartoon-style graphics and a host of game modes, including individual dart competitions, various multiplayer options and a handful of darts mini-games.

However, what's special about the game is that it uses the touchscreen to accurately simulate throwing a dart. Indeed, you aim and throw a precision arrow by stroking the stylus along the bottom screen.

"SEGA Presents Touch Darts is a great fit for the DS," said Gary Knight, European marketing director at SEGA. "The touchscreen, the multiplayer options, the innovative gameplay and the great mini-games make it a fantastic addition to anyone's DS collection."

We'll see for ourselves when Touch Darts is stepping up to the oche this summer

Yobumtin
April 6th, 2007, 05:07
Why? Why can't Sega make an actual interesting platform or something along those lines. I can't see myself on the edge of my seat playing darts.

JKKDARK
April 6th, 2007, 06:31
Because these games are cheap for development and they get good sales on Japan

Payk
April 6th, 2007, 12:34
SEGA!!!!!!! WTF ARE YOU DOING?
Bring some VF-kidz for DS. I mean the Sega-Saturn hardware didn't allowed much more polygones as the ds does. You could simply port it, it would be a cheap development, too. But it would be a better game then dart (i love dart, but for a handheld???)
WAKE UP SEGA AND MAKE SOME SERIOUS STUFF AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!