PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Donations to buy a BBA for OpenBoR coder SamuraiX

Christuserloeser
April 6th, 2007, 12:18
As some of you might know, the most recent OpenBoR v2.0691 build for Dreamcast had a few problems. Here's what SamuraiX wrote about solving the issues at the LavaLit Forums (http://www.lavalit.com/forum/index.php?topic=183.msg1636):

Well the issues have been resolved..... though it cost me 30 disks to figure out that the problem was a makefile issue. I was not linking the executable correctly with my objects. Seems that the DC is very strict with the order of linking! Didn't have these issues on Windows, Gp2X, Linux or PSP!

Well I'm here to say let the donations begin! Send me your pocked change to buy a DC Coders Cable or better yet the Broadband Adapter as I wasted 30 disks for a platform I don't even use!

When I read this, I thought it would be a good idea to ask the entire community for donations so Sam could buy a BBA.

In my opionion he would deserve it. There are so many incredible things he achieved for the Beats of Rage / Dreamcast scene since he started maintaining the OpenBoR code back in 2006. Here's just a short excerpt:
- Much improved performance
- Highly optimized and reduced memory usage
- Auto Memory Cleanup
- Sprite Database Management
- Fully functional 4 player support
- PAK File Selector

If you enjoy playing Beats of Rage mods and are interested in contributing, please transfer your donation to Sam's PayPal Account (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=SumolX%40gmail%2ecom&item_name=SamuraiX%20%2f%20SumolX%20Development%20 Donations&item_number=OpenBoR&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8).

Thanks in advance.

quzar
April 6th, 2007, 12:47
A coder's cable is a more realistic goal. With one, all he'd have to do is burn a single data disc with all the bor game's sprites, music, etc. and only have to send the binary (very small relatively) every time.

BlueCrab
April 6th, 2007, 13:05
Plus, the Coders Cable is more useful if he were to ever want to add networking support to it for some reason. Its really hard to debug a network program while you're using the network for something else.

Not saying he'll ever want to do that, but believe me, for testing DCRPG, a Coder's Cable has been a godsend.

Darksaviour69
April 6th, 2007, 13:07
i gave him $10, to get him started