PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy's End weekly video: Siege Mode

wraggster
April 7th, 2007, 01:07
News from PSP fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/04/06/galaxys-end-weekly-video-siege-mode/)

This will be the last video for a while until we have some real progress to show (new units, maps, and so forth). We really appreciate the interest in Galaxy's End, and hope that interest continues.

Regarding the publisher-front, we are in talks with a few publishers presently, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll get the publishing deal we want. With that said I still plan on seeing Galaxy's End through – it's not 100% guaranteed that this can happen (for financial reasons), but I'm actually looking at finishing the game ourselves if possible. This way the game can be implemented per the design and it's also more beneficial to us in recouping our investment, retaining the IP, and ideally turning a profit (and yes, developing a sequel).

The downside to this is that means Galaxy's End may not come out until Summer 2008 – but it is designed to be a full-featured game (single player, skirmish, multiplayer – adhoc and infrastructure) so it's not really possible to do it faster and still release a high-quality RTS for the PSP. Galaxy's End is why I formed Tiki Games and it won't be released until we feel that it's well-worth your gaming dollars.

I'm also exploring the option of releasing the game as a digital download upon completion. By then Sony should have better avenues to purchase downloadable PSP games, and this gets rid of the manufacturing/retailer costs (among other headaches such as distribution itself). And yes, we'll make sure there's a demo as well so you can try before you buy – but that will be very close to release (so don't expect it this year).

Thanks to PSP Fanboy (and Andrew) as well as other PSP fan sites for providing considerable exposure for Galaxy's End. Tiki Games will have a couple positive announcements this year which are also good for Galaxy's End. And when we do resurface to promote Galaxy's End, it will be when Galaxy's End has seen significant forward progress from the videos and coverage you've seen so far. Again, thank you for the support and positive response to Galaxy's End.

Sincerely,
Kevin McCann
President / Creative Director
Tiki Games, Inc.

Video at the link above, i for one would love to see a decent RTS game on the PSP.

Buddy4point0
April 7th, 2007, 03:15
thats cool. i like the things that open and close