- PS2: 17,787
- PS3: 16,889
- Xbox 360: 3,889
- GBA SP: 609
- Game Boy Micro: 588
- Gamecube: 205
- DS Phat: 115
- GBA: 9

As usual the DS Lite and Wii Dominance in japan continues.

ab_geee_eee
April 7th, 2007, 13:06
Ds lite is highest :( PSP should be :D

hadrian
April 7th, 2007, 13:27
Though early days its not going great for Sony, being thrashed in both hand held and home console markets.

IM back!
April 7th, 2007, 13:27
Very the usual.

BTW wasnt 3.30 oe supposd to come out some time ago?

ab_geee_eee
April 7th, 2007, 13:34
Though early days its not going great for Sony, being thrashed in both hand held and home console markets.

Yeah unfortunately thats true...

The King
April 7th, 2007, 14:25
haha
nintendo rules there teaching sony (amatures) the how biusness is done lol
nintendo rules in my vote
also there doing way beter know than with the gamecube there doing a mean comeback

ab_geee_eee
April 7th, 2007, 14:41
haha
nintendo rules there teaching sony (amatures) the how biusness is done lol
nintendo rules in my vote
also there doing way beter know than with the gamecube there doing a mean comeback

I prefer psp over ds. But then again whatever makes you sleep at night :p

Shrygue
April 7th, 2007, 15:02
So the DS has had a big sales drop from about 130,000 to 80,000 units sold, despite being at the top. Even the Wii console has slipped to 51,000 from about 60,000 (I think it was around that number the last time I looked.

JKKDARK
April 7th, 2007, 15:09
nintendo again kicking ass

ab_geee_eee
April 7th, 2007, 15:38
wii is the only nintendo console i like :)

alienanthropologist
April 7th, 2007, 16:01
go wii!

Basil Zero
April 7th, 2007, 18:35
Playstation Family is doing the same ok

Nintendo dominating,

Microsoft's xbox barely clinging on,

priceless.....lol

I_Highway
April 7th, 2007, 19:14
It's always good to note sony's decadency. They have made nothing for games ever. Just cloning, coping...

I fear a world without creatives console makers. We already lost SEGA, we can't lose Nintendo. But sony's failure, and Sony Entertainment closure would make the world prettier.

paul1991
April 7th, 2007, 22:38
The Consumer has once again shown sony that they think the PS3 is an overpowered PS2 with pad games by purchasing more last Gen Consoles then Next.

That would be like the GameCube outselling the Wii.

Suck on that PS3!!!

Demolition49
April 8th, 2007, 01:54
wii is the only nintendo console i like :)

not even nes or snes?!!!! they were classics.

Gamecube was good too but people didnt really reap its benefits much.

Joe88
April 8th, 2007, 05:03
It's always good to note sony's decadency. They have made nothing for games ever. Just cloning, coping...

sony won the last 2 counsel races
you cant say anything about them
they also put a pretty big dent in the portable area also which has been dominated by nintendo only

nintendo usually comes in dead last
maybe if they stoped trying to prolong mario by having about 20 games just involving sports alone and get better 3rd party support maybe they would do better...

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2007, 07:21
sony won the last 2 counsel races
you cant say anything about them
they also put a pretty big dent in the portable area also which has been dominated by nintendo only

nintendo usually comes in dead last
maybe if they stoped trying to prolong mario by having about 20 games just involving sports alone and get better 3rd party support maybe they would do better...

Sony should start making successful franchises.. oh wait, I forgot the only thing Sony can do is put the money.

ish420ism
April 8th, 2007, 09:51
I think whoever talks bad about sony, is just plain retarded. Sony was the powerhouse franchise for the past ten years. Before that, it was Nintendo. Now it seems nintendo is getting back on top. I still have respect for sony. I just can't afford a ps3 at the moment. Now a wii, Thats a more of my price range.

NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER

I_Highway
April 8th, 2007, 16:57
Come on, ish420ism, sony is all about marketing. NOTHING you see in any playstation was created by sony. Except for placing the console stand, and not lying. But this had absolutelly no increase in gaming experience.

Buttons in the sholder, humbling, optical discs, 3d gaming, pistols, dancing carpets, steering wheels, everything was copied. OK, sometimes enhanced, but everything copied. "Win a counsel race" doesn't prove anything. In the business stand point, they really were winner, but at the price of we being the losers.

Joe88
April 8th, 2007, 21:59
Come on, ish420ism, sony is all about marketing. NOTHING you see in any playstation was created by sony. Except for placing the console stand, and not lying. But this had absolutelly no increase in gaming experience.

Buttons in the sholder, humbling, optical discs, 3d gaming, pistols, dancing carpets, steering wheels, everything was copied. OK, sometimes enhanced, but everything copied. "Win a counsel race" doesn't prove anything. In the business stand point, they really were winner, but at the price of we being the losers.

we being the losers ?
lol

the PS2 has so many great games and exclusives that no one else had, even considered one of the greatest counsels of all time not to mention the whole PS1 library of games to go with it

a new gaming experience is I am waving a stick at the screen ?
it was already done before with the early light guns with duck hunter, then the guncon from namco

only innovative thing ive really seen is the eye toy, it was a flop though due to not enough backing and game support, however using your body as a controller was innovative

what are you gonna say next
they blu-ray and cell processor was also copied too :rolleyes:

I_Highway
April 9th, 2007, 02:59
Joe88, I didn't even mencioned the motion control, witch is the last fotocopied "innovation" of sony.

Eyetoy was not the first camera too, but Dreameye, only launched in Japan. Blu-ray is just another optical-disc, first used in videogames in PC-engine. And what is Cell? A processor with graphic built in? That's creative!

I'm talking about everything. ALL this "so many great games and exclusives that no one else had" colud have been launched for any other mainstream in the marked, except if it was developed by sony itself. Then you see no one couldn't have been launched for Xbox, Gamecube or even Dreamcast.

In the other hand, sony's hype about ps2 made most of people think it was really the best machine in the market, when it was no better in power than Dreamcast. With 70% of market share, some of the great games lanched in the three major systems were all limited by ps2's power, limiting what could have been done in Gamecube and Xbox, much more powerful engines. That's the kind of thing we lost.

Joe88
April 9th, 2007, 04:04
the dreameye is only a webcam
there where no games for it
just a webcam and nothing more

the cell is a 8-core CPU, the most computers can have on a single chip is only 4, its never been done before, and give each element of the game a core to use to create a new gaming experience like never before

also with optimization, you can make any PS2 game look like an xbox even though the hardware is away above it spec wise

a perfect example would be burnout revenge
you couldnt even tell the difference between the xbox and PS2 ver gfx wise, they looked exactely the same
another one is RE4 and the GCN then PS2, its hard to tell the difference in the gfx
and even games like gran turismo look like xbox games gfx wise

and whats the talk with dreamcast ?
its dead, move on already

JKKDARK
April 9th, 2007, 04:14
and whats the talk with dreamcast ?
its dead, move on already

Last official game released was in March 8th 2007. It's not dead, n00b

Joe88
April 9th, 2007, 04:20
Last official game released was in March 8th 2007. It's not dead, n00b

Japan only

JKKDARK
April 9th, 2007, 04:28
Japan only

so? japanese, american or european, the console is still alive. More than 8 years already (1998-2007).
Even official servers are still running for StarLancer (america/europe), Quake III Arena (america), Maximum Pool (america), 4x4 Evolution (america).

Joe88
April 9th, 2007, 04:32
its dead in the US
they dont sell it anymore
cant even find a used one or even games in ebgames or gamestop

I do have one my friend gave me, I only played crazy taxi because thats was the only game I liked, I have a bunch of sports games also and sonic adventure

and who plays online with dial-up anymore ...

JKKDARK
April 9th, 2007, 04:37
its dead in the US
they dont sell it anymore
cant even find a used one or even games in ebgames or gamestop

I do have one my friend gave me, I only played crazy taxi because thats was the only game I liked, I have a bunch of sports games also and sonic adventure

and who plays online with dial-up anymore ...

There are A LOT of Dreamcast on eBay.

And if you didn't know, there's a BroadBand Adapter for Dreamcast. Or you can do a PC-DC connection and use the broadband from your computer.

woods05
April 9th, 2007, 06:57
A drop in sales but Nintendo still doing well.

Joe88
April 10th, 2007, 04:18
also if you pick up the latest issue of game pro (I would upload mag scans but my scanner doesnt work atm due to no vista drivers ...) they went into this whole discussion about the capabilities of the systems , PS2 and xbox and learn the true story