PDA

View Full Version : WarHawk decides to be indecisive about format

Shrygue
April 7th, 2007, 17:48
via PS3 Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/04/07/warhawk-decides-to-be-indecisive-about-format/)

A wise man once said to me: "If you cannot decide to go left or right, you must go right for a little while, turn around and go left for twice as long, then find a way to go both ways. Possibly through a series of right turns." Yeah, it was a gas station attendant and yeah, I was pretty lost. But I found the interstate eventually and all because I was indecisive in what direction I should go at the third light.

Why was that anecdote important? Because it seems WarHawk is going through the same ordeal. Blu-ray or PS-Store? A Sony representative recently answered some queries on the subject (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158534) and said that WarHawk will be available via both mediums -- on Blu-ray and on the PlayStation Network. Will there be a difference between the two? Will one involve microtransactions while the other has everything bundled up from the get-go? We don't know. Which would you guys get? The full shabang or piece by piece, if that's the way the cookie shall crumble? Would an online-only title really merit the $60 price tag it may get in stores?

VFerg
April 8th, 2007, 00:29
If the game is exactly the same on blue ray and in the PS store then I would probably buy the game because I dont want to waste the probably 4 gigs of space that I may later need down the line which will mean my game that I spent all that money on will have to be deleted. But if there is a difference in price from the 2 then I will most likely consider downloading it depending upon how much of a drop they give. I would say if it was around $45 dollars compared to the $60 I would go with PS store. Knowing Sony though they will most likely keep the same price even though they drop the packaging costs.

SSaxdude
April 8th, 2007, 01:18
This probably means that WarHawk isn't very large in size and could be released on a DVD 9.

April 8th, 2007, 11:01
This probably means that WarHawk isn't very large in size and could be released on a DVD 9.

No PS3 game will be released on DVD9. It might only be 4 or 5 gigs, but it will still be on Blu-ray.