PDA

View Full Version : 3.30 OE will not have any "big new innovation"

BelmontSlayer
April 7th, 2007, 22:39
You heard that right. Straight from Dark_AleX (http://www.dark-alex.org) himself, there will be no "big new innovation" with 3.30 OE. It seems somebody has been spreading rumors. Here's what DAX has to say...

Good thing I passed by here, because they have mentioned to me that it is said that 3.30 OE it will have a big new innovation, and now I just find out.

3.30 OE at first will not have any innovation except the fact of being 3.30. It will take time due to problems with the hardware. Right now the priority for the future is to radicaly change the core of OE, to eliminate the instability of the programming (that is especially evident in 3.10) and to gain some more space for the ram. But this probably will take several versions before it is finishing, due to the complexness of the process.

via Elotrolado (http://www.elotrolado.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=1707382571#post1707382571)

Triv1um
April 7th, 2007, 23:22
indeed, I don't know what the hype is.

3.03oe will do.

SnesR0X
April 7th, 2007, 23:24
untill games require it anyway

Solidsnake3000
April 7th, 2007, 23:40
but to bad he didn't mention the arrival date or the fact that it posses not potenntial

Cloudhunter
April 7th, 2007, 23:42
Well, I'll be upgrading no matter what :)

And to be honest, it's just lame to stick on 3.03 just because of custom icons...

Cloudy

joshisposer
April 7th, 2007, 23:43
I was hoping the innovation/extra would have been like ad-hoc in the psx emu.
I'm not dissappointed at all with this news, rumors are stupid, so you punish the people by completely making them false. I am still waiting for this cfw though, i love them!

devmas
April 7th, 2007, 23:45
My hype comes from the POPS emulator.

Um Jammer Lammy, my favorite PS1 game, had the button presses out of sync with the music, with a horrible, scratchy guitar sound at 3.03... With 3.10, the game became in sync, and the guitar sounded a little better, but still annoying. I'm hoping that 3.30 will emulate the sound perfectly.

My friend is eagerly awaiting to see if Skull Monkeys, his favorite PS1 game, works. Technically, I think that, whenever a new firmware comes out, DaX releases a POPS Loader before a custom firmware, as the custom firmware won't be needed until games come out for it.

Heero808
April 7th, 2007, 23:47
Actually I was unaware about this innovation

pt9087
April 8th, 2007, 00:21
^^ LoL, after all its only a step forward in the PSP scene!

pspforme!!
April 8th, 2007, 00:24
Does anyone think that ad-hoc will be added to the ps1 emulator anytime soon? And do you think sony will put it in or DAX?

Buddy4point0
April 8th, 2007, 00:28
i doubt adhoc will be added soon if ever

pspforme!!
April 8th, 2007, 00:34
The reason i ask is because of how dgen, the sega genesis emulator, was able to do it very well. I'm trying to figure out what would make the ps1 emulator any different.

factor remix
April 8th, 2007, 00:48
The reason i ask is because of how dgen, the sega genesis emulator, was able to do it very well. I'm trying to figure out what would make the ps1 emulator any different.

I didnt understand a sh*t that you posted...

You are asking why the sega emulator is better than the ps1 or wat did you said?

Khorney
April 8th, 2007, 00:50
i wonder when the HEN-d stuff (or whatever makes the 2.71 compatability tick) will be fully functional...

pspforme!!
April 8th, 2007, 00:52
I didnt understand a sh*t that you posted...

You are asking why the sega emulator is better than the ps1 or wat did you said?

No im just saying the sega emu did it why cant this one

factor remix
April 8th, 2007, 00:56
No im just saying the sega emu did it why cant this one

ok, you said why did sega emu do it good?

the ps1 emu is good too, but there are like 3 or 4 games that crash... thats all

pspforme!!
April 8th, 2007, 01:01
ok, you said why did sega emu do it good?

the ps1 emu is good too, but there are like 3 or 4 games that crash... thats all

lol ive been talking about ad-hoc not compatibility:D

sorry for not being clear

factor remix
April 8th, 2007, 01:06
lol ive been talking about ad-hoc not compatibility:D

sorry for not being clear

ooo... you mean like snesx tyl?

Buddy4point0
April 8th, 2007, 01:09
who the **** -reped me saying -gold line-rep back!

pspforme!!
April 8th, 2007, 01:15
ooo... you mean like snesx tyl?

yes

Veskgar
April 8th, 2007, 01:31
Does anyone think that ad-hoc will be added to the ps1 emulator anytime soon? And do you think sony will put it in or DAX?

I don't think Dark_AleX or anyone else will go out of their way to try and inject their own code to modify SONY's POPS emulator.

There are indications that SONY may at some point implement ad hoc for PS1 games and I think it is better to let SONY add that feature.

If ad hoc can be implemented into other unofficial emulators, I'm confident that it is possible with PS1 games.

I know I will be upgrading to 3.30 OE immediately as I really could care less about custom icons which seems to be why a lot of people stay on 3.03 OE-C.

ORGAN
April 8th, 2007, 01:47
So one more post about 3.30 OE.. wow this is a hot topic. LOL i have been to
Lan.sh &
Dark-Alex.org &
forums.exophase.com
The only websights that i know of that the "D" man posts on.
And there has been no posts by him talking about a 3.30 OE that i could find "O" well lets hope its true??
But i'm not going to hold my breath......

IM back!
April 8th, 2007, 02:19
im gona whaite pashently for oe

joshisposer
April 8th, 2007, 03:07
I don't mind waiting for this. It's not like an emulator where you it gets faster or better, this just is a cfw that rocks but we don't "need" it.
I love it!
that post came out wrong, feel free to -rep me for that one lolz pwnage, zomg

ORGAN
April 8th, 2007, 03:57
As long is my iso's work i dont care what he puts in it!!!

DarthPaul
April 8th, 2007, 04:21
So Dark Alex had speak finally,now we'll have to wait more but it'll be worth the wait.

Psyberjock
April 8th, 2007, 04:52
No big innovation here, but I would just like to request that the region free video umds actually start working. It's been included in the past 2-3 major versions of OE and it hasn't worked in any of them. At least not on my TA-79 JP PSPs.

SnesR0X
April 8th, 2007, 04:55
As long is my iso's work i dont care what he puts in it!!!

naughty naughty

DarthPaul
April 8th, 2007, 05:11
I'm a proud illegal iso's user!

Basil Zero
April 8th, 2007, 05:53
I still have 3.03 OE-C, and will stay with it until something else bigger comes out

Balthasar00
April 8th, 2007, 06:02
So basicaly, the only must have feature of 3.30 is that the pops compatibility list will certandly be improved? Could I simply extract the 3.30 prx plugins ? I have a TA-82 under 3.10A', I don't wana change firmware needlesly exposing my self to a potential brick..

CSPERFECTGT
April 8th, 2007, 10:05
So basicaly, the only must have feature of 3.30 is that the pops compatibility list will certandly be improved? Could I simply extract the 3.30 prx plugins ? I have a TA-82 under 3.10A', I don't wana change firmware needlesly exposing my self to a potential brick..

i have a virgin psp(i bought it with 1.50 fw) and i think it is less risky for me to change my oe fw.i have change it 10 or 11 times without bricking.
a friend of mine who has a ta-86 psp has two bricks with only 4 oe fw changes!:rofl:

anyway, all of you support dark alex,don't complain to him.he does his best.i cannot imagine the psp homebrew scene without dark alex.:eek:

Noobtaculus
April 8th, 2007, 12:50
I still have 3.03 OE-C, and will stay with it until something else bigger comes out

ur sig says otherwise

ps- and how can u tell wat mobo u hav other than the fact that ta082s hav the writing in the umd tray (like how do u know if uv got a ta079 or ta086 or something?)

ORGAN
April 8th, 2007, 18:12
ur sig says otherwise

ps- and how can u tell wat mobo u hav other than the fact that ta082s hav the writing in the umd tray (like how do u know if uv got a ta079 or ta086 or something?)

This lil app will tell you >>> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=17592&d=1175770042 :thumbup:

Noobtaculus
April 8th, 2007, 18:43
thanks!!!
and i have a...ta-079....cool.

J sims
April 9th, 2007, 01:42
I thought the big inovation in official 3.3 was that it allowed free use of t-mobile hotspots., and that 3.30 oe was going to include that but also allow homebrew.Im not refering to darkalex adding anything to this firmwarm(accept the usual homebrew support)

Noobtaculus
April 9th, 2007, 13:05
ya, but some rumors said that DAX was adding sumthing like an n64 emulator to the xmb or some cr@zy xmb customization...npot happening

Solidsnake3000
April 10th, 2007, 02:36

i think dax will put it i have hi hopes and crushed dreams about this but its ok any ways i dont think people now adays playing psx as much its not that interesting im just hopeing for fullspeed 64 emulator

Noobtaculus
April 10th, 2007, 20:18
he could integrate daedalus r10 into it. but it might be too big for the flash