PDA

View Full Version : Massive GTA IV Ad Hits NYC

wraggster
April 7th, 2007, 23:51
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/gta-iv/massive-gta-iv-ad-hits-nyc-250521.php)

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/04/gta_iv_nyc.jpg

The powers that be in the NYC political scene might not be happy with GTA IV's New York like setting, but that hasn't stopped Rockstar from touting their game on the streets of that illustrious city. And not just on the street, but on the entire side of a building!

Advertisements on the sides of buildings in New York are nothing new, one only need walk down almost any street to be bombarded with endless billboards. The irony of this particular one however, is inescapable. Let's see how long it stays up.

kaffie
April 8th, 2007, 01:20
Life imitating art that will imitate life...

wolfpack
April 8th, 2007, 01:44
ha! thatll piss off the politics, they deserve it. rockstar kicks ass and they show it how its meant to be shown. anyone who blames games for their violence is a dumbass. i just wish people would leave it alone, a game is just a game, youre not doin anyone harm and at least your not shooting the cops in real life. I say, let rockstar make their games because they do a good job.

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2007, 03:40
oh yeah I can't wait for this fantastic game :)

xg917
April 8th, 2007, 04:06
too bad i wont be able to play it, this is 1 other reason y i should buy a PS3. lmao i want one so bad, i fell in love wit all of the systems..
i cant wait for more info on GTA IV

Tree
April 8th, 2007, 14:08
desent i cant wait 4 it now :P nd new york must b well pissed off :P but think about it they may get more people vistiting land marks coz they liked erm on the game :P

Triv1um
April 8th, 2007, 14:28
The all the madness, they will blame this sign for people killing other people.

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2007, 15:56
too bad i wont be able to play it, this is 1 other reason y i should buy a PS3. lmao i want one so bad, i fell in love wit all of the systems..
i cant wait for more info on GTA IV

you can buy the Xbox 360 version

Tree
April 8th, 2007, 17:41

mayb he wants a good console not some piece of shit :P

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2007, 17:50

really? then why there are 10 million 360 users and only 2 million PS3 users?

F9zDark
April 8th, 2007, 18:47

Because Xbox has had a year to build up sales...

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2007, 18:54
Because Xbox has had a year to build up sales...

If a console sells more 10 million, I don't think it's a piece of shit.

Tree
April 8th, 2007, 22:05
If a console sells more 10 million, I don't think it's a piece of shit.

well ow come xbox had 2 rush it 2 even ave a chance ... nd they only one coz of it had 1 year 2 get sales nd bein the only nex gen people were just gonna buy it

F9zDark
April 8th, 2007, 23:39
I am not saying the Xbox360 is shit or anything, but having a year to sell in a world wide market without ANY competition will certainly bloat one's sales numbers. Had the PS3, Wii and Xbox launched together, no console would have 10 million sales, even a year later.

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2007, 23:58
I am not saying the Xbox360 is shit or anything, but having a year to sell in a world wide market without ANY competition will certainly bloat one's sales numbers. Had the PS3, Wii and Xbox launched together, no console would have 10 million sales, even a year later.

Wii is selling 5+ million actually and it's less than 6 months

Xiofire
April 9th, 2007, 00:48

Technically, your wrong. 10 million Xbox 360's have been shipped, not purchased. They may have millions lying on store shelves.
-Xiofire

JKKDARK
April 9th, 2007, 01:07
Technically, your wrong. 10 million Xbox 360's have been shipped, not purchased. They may have millions lying on store shelves.
-Xiofire

I was wrong. Then 9.5 million Xbox 360 consoles were sold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generati on%29#Comparison

F9zDark
April 9th, 2007, 01:26
But even still, everyone who wanted an Xbox, may have one already and can afford a Wii if they want it. If the consumer had to choose between 3 consoles, all launching at the same time; such would be more indicative of a 'better console' or 'better price point'.

A year is a long head start and everyone who owns an Xbox has had more than enough time to save up for another console.

The Wii's numbers wouldn't be great if it had to contend with both Xbox and PS3. Its only real competitor is the PS3 and its high price makes it difficult for people to swallow; but as I said, everyone who wanted an Xbox, has one already.

I imagine that about half of the Wii's sales went to people who already own a 360...

xg917
April 9th, 2007, 19:07

i dont have any next generation consoles... im stuck wit ps2, game cube.

lol, dont hate. i bet they are all good consoles. the only piece of shit console is Wii.... is it? ive never played it and it never really cought my eye since they dont have the wii in stores for people to play.. only ps3 and 360

anyways, i still need to beat all of the other gta games. my gta vc, gta 3, and gta SA, disks are all scractched.. so i couldnt beat them, i did manage to beat gta vcs and lcs on psp though. but thats it.
does any1 kno where gta 4 is gona take place?

F9zDark
April 9th, 2007, 19:41
GTA IV is taking place in Liberty City. But they aimed to make it more like New York City than the original seen in GTA 3 and GTA LCS.

I am curious to see what it looks like now.