PDA

View Full Version : PSP-290 GPS + TA-086 MB = Perfect GPS Solution!

hatman101
April 8th, 2007, 16:15
Id thought I share my experience with everyone and I know it has been said before but just to reiterate it.

Recently with the price drops of PSP and the ability a psp has combined with DA-FW I figured "hey why not pick up a 2nd PSP for 2 players?"

So I did, both have identical themes now, its almost LOL there identical, Its great!

I have
1 original PSP came pre-loaded with 1.5 mobo (born for homebrew) A sweet find when I picked it up.

The other I have just picked up was a
TA-086 MB with 3.03 Sony fw.

Well I downgraded Ta, Fixed the storage key and now LOL both PSP are identical!

Couple of thing I have noticed are;
IRMP3.prx naturally handles better on the original 1.5 on my TA I have stuttering issues?

The main diff though is the PSP-290!

On my original 1.5 at the very least it take anywhere from 8-10 min to fix?

My TA-086 1-2 mins:thumbup: !

Just so everyone clear a TA-086 Mobo PSP is the way to go. What a difference and I wouldn't of believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself.

This is a nice find for me (im really happy about it that it works now under 2 mins, SICK!)

There really is, must be a hardware change and something to do with interference with the unit on 1.5.

Perhaps a USB extension cable is what is needed to improve reception on the original 1.5?
(keep in mind though, that there are two prongs on either side of the psp-290, maybe these connections
would need to be extnded as well to work, iduuno?)

Thanks to Deniska and in7ane for this.

If your a fisherman then this is a must!
Im going to buy that water proff case for psp next an this S.O.B. is comming fishing with Me!

I really don't know of any other GPS that allows you to go, where roads don't!

Gotta ta luv those Google Earths Satellite Maps!

To sum it up it be interesting to do a poll on the sucess on the PSP-290 working on different PSP's to see if there
is a connection.

Please feel free to post your hardware ver. PSP, CFW and how long on average it takes to connect (get a fix 1)

Im putting my money on users with a TA-086 PSP!

Nicko01
April 8th, 2007, 17:53
How do you know it's an 86?

hatman101
April 8th, 2007, 21:30
How do you know it's an 86?

Turn your psp upside down with the UMD Drive facing you, Take UMD Out, bottom left hand coner in small gold lettering, written on the motheboard
1C1003

Codaz
April 9th, 2007, 15:51
So you're TA-086 version is a 1.5 psp ?

I thought that psp-290 eboot runs only on 3.X kernel, and not on 1.5 ?

hatman101
April 10th, 2007, 18:45
So you're TA-086 version is a 1.5 psp ?

I thought that psp-290 eboot runs only on 3.X kernel, and not on 1.5 ?

What i meant to say is I bought my PSP used and it came preloader with 1.5 fw (its never been downgraded, but i updated it to 3.03 OE-C

It was the origional exploitable fw came stock on the psp from the game store