PDA

View Full Version : What Happend?

Shadowblind
April 8th, 2007, 19:21
Im gone for 2 and half hours and find most [useless] threads get locked and members banned. This is in off topic because I don't want some reply like "cuz he stupid" or anything. Really, all I need is an answer from a member/mod that doesn't portain to "feeling like it". All in all, it may have been for the better anyway...

VampDude
April 8th, 2007, 19:26
I don't really know, I wokeup and saw that BlueCrap had LOCKED most've the threads in Junk and a few members decidesd to take matters into their own hands and somewhat lost by getting BANNED...

...Well that is all I know, and I think that's all to tell the truth

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2007, 19:40
Gold Line was the only person banned. He insulted DCEmu and Staff members.

ExcruciationX
April 8th, 2007, 19:48
Okay, something is going on...

Sonicboy 101
April 8th, 2007, 19:51
I don't really know, I wokeup and saw that BlueCrap had LOCKED most've the threads in Junk and a few members decidesd to take matters into their own hands and somewhat lost by getting BANNED...

You put Bluecrap.
Yeah, I also come back and find locked threads everywhere. In junk.
Why are they locked?
Also I have heard 'rumors' about junk going away. Is it true?
I'm just a bit curious.

Shadowblind
April 8th, 2007, 19:58
Also I have heard 'rumors' about junk going away. Is it true?

With luck, hopefully....

Napalm-Death
April 8th, 2007, 20:00
Geez, it's fun to come to a forum and find the threads you're active in closed.

gunntims0103
April 8th, 2007, 20:29
junk isn't going anywhere unless kaiser feels other wise.

I banned gold line because he insulted dcemu staff.

Thats all......

Kaiser
April 8th, 2007, 20:30

Seriously, never call Bluecrab that. Thats showing enormous disrespect to a long time staff and well respected DC coder. He was just joking around and many of you took it far to seriously. Junk is meant for such behaviour. Gold Line has only been banned for a week, though I'm sure I would have been much more harsh then Gunns and given him a permanent one if I had seen his comments first.

Its the Junk forum, how long will it take for some of you guys to understand that?
Many of you took the chance to simply bash the site and insult the staff. I find it disgusting.

Sonicboy 101
April 8th, 2007, 20:36
Many of you took the chance to simply bash the site and insult the staff. I find it disgusting.

Who did that? Except from Gold Line. I was out when that happened so I don't know.

gunntims0103
April 8th, 2007, 20:42
Who did that? Except from Gold Line. I was out when that happened so I don't know.

some users felt it was alright to go on the offensive and bash dcemu. Stating that mods were "gay" and they prefer to go to qj. When will users learn that junk is just what it is JUNK!

Kaiser
April 8th, 2007, 20:47
Incidents like this are making us (the staff) seriously consider doing away with JUNK. I've always loved the JUNK forum but it is starting to become more trouble then its worth. If it continues to create such problems for the community we might be forced to close it. I really hope it doesn't come to that though.

Tetris999
April 8th, 2007, 21:18
so i guess if we dont like the sites rules, we have no reason to stay

and my god, i was given an infraction just because i posted two times by ACCIDENT and i was just about to correct it, my god how ridiculous i cant put up with this anymore........

i try to be a good user but i cant because a mod just has to come in and give me and infraction

i swear please mods be more sensible to people thats my advice

im outta here

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2007, 21:21
im leaving
What's the point? You already said it before and then you only left the forums for 2 days (lol)

quzar
April 8th, 2007, 21:24
so i guess if we dont like the sites rules, we have no reason to stay

Yea, basically. Or if you're just going to bash the site, you might as well go too (that wasn't directed specifically at you).

Triv1um
April 8th, 2007, 21:25
I have to say, the way people acted from a few locked threads is stupid.

I like goldline, but i would of done exactly the same as the staff (banned) if i was in there shoes.

If anyone had a problem with anything, i would like to think staff would be happy to listen if you talked to them like people.

Shadowblind
April 8th, 2007, 21:25
One of my best forum bros is a mod. So all of you saying mods are gay can STFU.

Tetris999
April 8th, 2007, 21:31
Yea, basically. Or if you're just going to bash the site, you might as well go too (that wasn't directed specifically at you).

i take no offense

Kaiser
April 8th, 2007, 21:31
All right it seems this has been settled then.

If anyone had a problem with anything, i would like to think staff would be happy to listen if you talked to them like people.

Yes, if anyone has a problem please feel to contact someone on staff. We'll at least hear you out. We're not bad guys. :D

Zion
April 8th, 2007, 21:32
Seriously, never call Bluecrab that. Thats showing enormous disrespect to a long time staff and well respected DC coder. He was just joking around and many of you took it far to seriously. Junk is meant for such behaviour.

agreed, bluecrabs a great guy :cool:

why do you guys think i barley post in here? cus you take it to personal and serious!!

its junk people! :rolleyes:

quzar
April 8th, 2007, 21:33

Yea, except most complaints take the form of: "OMGZ U MODS SUK" or "WHY YOU TAKE ME SIG AWAY!!?!"

The only time people complain is when they are given infractions for breaking the rules.

Tetris999
April 8th, 2007, 21:35

why do you guys think i barley post in here? cus you take it to personal and serious!!

oh god i heard this a thousands time

its junk

its junk

its junk

ok fine its junk, but people take things seriously when you just start bending the rules around to your own pleasure

its like this, say if youre god and youre hella bored, then you send a tornado to see millions of people dieing yay

i dont think people like tornados

in less divine and brutal nature its the same here

kinda like when blucrab started closing threads cuz he was hella bored

but then again the way i see it, its just a damn forum (theres millions), now when i think about it, i feel like a loser when i think that some stupid and little thread was closed, wow anyway, just a forum, and people can do whatever they want

if you want serious discussion (and u can beat up the guy that tries to mess up about what ure talking about) u shud talk to more ppl in real life

2 cents dudes!

i mean its just words on a screen :p nothing more

quzar
April 8th, 2007, 21:40
oh god i heard this a thousands time

its junk

its junk

its junk

ok fine its junk, but people take things seriously when you just start bending the rules around to your own pleasure

its like this, say if youre god and youre hella bored, then you send a tornado to see millions of people dieing yay

i dont think people like tornados

in less divine and brutal nature its the same here

um... so you're saying that when a topic gets locked in junk it's the same as you losing your home right? You need some serious perspective.

Mods do NOT abuse power anywhere on the forum. Junk specifically says that we do whatever we want in it, so it's part of the rules that we can do what we want.

Shadowblind
April 8th, 2007, 21:43
If you want you can go ahead and close this thread, I got my answer. It can see this growing contempt...

If not, it doesn't matter if ya don't close it.

Tetris999
April 8th, 2007, 22:15
um... so you're saying that when a topic gets locked in junk it's the same as you losing your home right? You need some serious perspective.

Mods do NOT abuse power anywhere on the forum. Junk specifically says that we do whatever we want in it, so it's part of the rules that we can do what we want.

as such quar, these are diffrents levels of destruction, but they all cause the same effect: frustration , anger , sadness y'now diffrent levels of them, as if you got the point u wud understand, and saying losing a house and trying to combat (or make fun) of what i say is not a smart answer

anyway, i dont care really, im sticking up for people who do

Accordion
April 8th, 2007, 23:14
as such quar, these are diffrents levels of destruction, but they all cause the same effect: frustration , anger , sadness y'now diffrent levels of them, as if you got the point u wud understand, and saying losing a house and trying to combat (or make fun) of what i say is not a smart answer

eek!!! truly!

Kaiser
April 8th, 2007, 23:15

Um.. What?

Cloudhunter
April 8th, 2007, 23:58
So lets get this straight Tetris999. You do a lengthly post saying that you've heard too much that it is only junk. And THEN you say:

i mean its just words on a screen :p nothing more

So why are you so worked up about it? The JUNK forum is meant to be just that. JUNK. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

If you have a problem with a certain action that the mods have done, for instance, the locking of the threads; approach the staff. They are approachable people if you treat them with respect.

Some of you people take JUNK too seriously... I for one couldn't care what goes on in junk; it's not a major part of my life and it's not like my life would be affected if a post was locked, especially as the staff would rectify it if you asked nicely.

Cloudy

gunntims0103
April 9th, 2007, 00:09
let me just post this

mod- can you be a moderator?
random user- well um....u...
mod- CAN YOU?!
mod- CAN YOU?!
random user- :(, no....
mod- DEAL WITH IT.......

Thus the super cool mod leaves and the user weeps.

Tetris999
April 9th, 2007, 00:17
So lets get this straight Tetris999. You do a lengthly post saying that you've heard too much that it is only junk. And THEN you say:

So why are you so worked up about it? The JUNK forum is meant to be just that. JUNK. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

If you have a problem with a certain action that the mods have done, for instance, the locking of the threads; approach the staff. They are approachable people if you treat them with respect.

Some of you people take JUNK too seriously... I for one couldn't care what goes on in junk; it's not a major part of my life and it's not like my life would be affected if a post was locked, especially as the staff would rectify it if you asked nicely.

Cloudy

yawn anyway, forget bout it

ExcruciationX
April 9th, 2007, 00:33
Yeah, guys, get over it!

Gizmo356
April 9th, 2007, 03:06

why do you guys think i barley post in here? cus you take it too personal and serious!!

:rolleyes:

Lol anyways, try not taking forums to seriously.

wolfpack
April 9th, 2007, 03:07
yea people get over it, i mean i posted in junk and mine got edited to a certain degree but you dont see me bitching over it. some of you guys need to relax, and by the way since im here in the JUNK forums i might as well advertise

-rep the wolfpack99997 man! youll get GOOD neutral rep back!

Gizmo356
April 9th, 2007, 03:09
yea people get over it, i mean i posted in junk and mine got edited to a certain degree but you dont see me bitching over it. some of you guys need to relax, and by the way since im here in the JUNK forums i might as well advertise

Your in off topic....lol.

JKKDARK
April 9th, 2007, 03:15

and who cares about your opinion?

Shadowblind
April 9th, 2007, 03:46
Your in off topic....lol.

Yeah! Thats so awesome, i'm gonna start caring about your opinion!

Gizmo356
April 9th, 2007, 03:48
Yeah! Thats so awesome, i'm gonna start caring about your opinion!

LOL I cant tell if that was sarcastic or not:)

Shadowblind
April 9th, 2007, 03:51
Its not sarcasm, I wrote at the begining of this thread to not treat it as JUNK. Besides, its fun to retort horribly written comebacks. (Hence, who cares about your opinion." Eh, what now?) :)

Gizmo356
April 9th, 2007, 03:53
Its not sarcasm, I wrote at the begining of this thread to not treat it as JUNK. Besides, its fun to retort horribly written comebacks. (Hence, who cares about your opinion." Eh, what now?) :)

I didn't write that opinion thing..I'm lost are you mad at me or something...I don't know what me or you is talking about.

TeenDev
April 9th, 2007, 03:56
who did Gold Line Insult? come on! bring him back! He has nothing else to do!

Shadowblind
April 9th, 2007, 04:30
I didn't write that opinion thing..I'm lost are you mad at me or something...I don't know what me or you is talking about.

No, it was a retort at JKKDARKs comeback.

Gizmo356
April 9th, 2007, 04:43
No, it was a retort at JKKDARKs comeback.

OH ok :)

ninja9393
April 9th, 2007, 05:16
acctully i kinda agree with what tetris said

Cap'n 1time
April 9th, 2007, 06:00
I've been wanting to get rid of junk for a long time... but it's so popular with the other staffers that not even my influence is enough. It's caused nothing but problems. But a good number of you know how to use it properly and when you guys do it, its fun.

Gold Line may return in a few days, however if he choses ban evasion I think a perm ban is in order.

If you have a problem with the way the mods run the site... too bad. This isnt your summer camp buddy buddy group, nor is it your support group and we dont want you to use it like that. These forums are for serious game, emulation, and homebrew discussion... We also (sadly) have this crap section called JUNK, but the same rules apply there. We dont want your drama, and unless you know of a way to make the site better for the entire community (and not just poor widdle old you), then please dont complain. If we dont like your idea then kindly shut the **** up, we dont like broken records either.