PDA

View Full Version : Wii Resident Evil games blown open

wraggster
April 8th, 2007, 21:58
Refusing to surrender its weekend to chocolate and beer gardens like the rest of the games industry, Capcom has released the first screens and info on its pair of Wii Resident Evils; 4 and Umbrella Chronicles.

The Wii edition of Resi 4 is looking to be the definitive version of the excellent last instalment. It's sporting the still-gorgeous visuals of the GameCube version, the extra content and side missions of the PS2 edition and true 16:9 widescreen and Dolby Pro Logic II support. For telly-nuts alone this should make it worth the re-purchase.

Umbrella Chronicles meanwhile is looking a bit hit and miss. Visually it's looking great and the story of the Umbrella Corp's downfall is definitely something we're keen to see played out. But how much do we want an on-rails mish-mash of old Resident Evil games? At least we can look forward to Resi 5, eh?

screens here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161567)

mcdougall57
April 9th, 2007, 01:01
wow!! these visuals are immense for the nintendo wii so why cant all games look that good ?

SSaxdude
April 9th, 2007, 01:35
I'm glad I held off on buying this game. I know it's gonna be awesome with the Wiimote. Hopefully it will also show the anti-Wii people that the Wii is not kiddie and will have a diverse selection of games.

zorbas
April 9th, 2007, 18:40
new console... not new graphics. still looks like crud. i might as well keep the gc/ ps2 versions. cgi can look good in any console, actual in game graphics are still subpar.

ICE
April 9th, 2007, 19:09
i dont like the on-rails crap but who knows it may be fun.. everyone loves arcades right? graphics looks crud? are you blind?

Jonesyxxiv
April 9th, 2007, 21:42
I played the heck out of the PS2 version and finished all the side missions and stuff, but I am almost comsidering to rebuy it if the controls are fun.

LilSwish722
April 9th, 2007, 21:55
I beat the GC version 4 times and beat EVERYTHING on it. I'm definetly getting the Wii version.

SnesR0X
April 10th, 2007, 06:23
I beat the game on gamecube 14 times (good fun) although I'm not entirely convinced that it is going to be as good on the wii, I'm going to buy it, so then I'll have 3 versions XD