PDA

View Full Version : MS reveals Xbox 360 keyboard controller

wraggster
April 8th, 2007, 22:00
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161578)

To coincide with the arrival of Xbox Live MSN Messenger integration, Microsoft has revealed a new Xbox 360 keyboard adaptor for painless text input.

The keyboard device attaches to the standard Xbox 360 controller through the headphone jack and features a QWERTY-style key layout with 47 keys. It doesn't look to interfere with the comfort of the pad either and certainly beats having to drag out a full-size keyboard.

The dashboard update arriving on May 7 will allow 360 users to have up to six chat windows open over the top of normal 360 events, and add MSN contacts with gamertags to your friends list.

The keyboard controller attachment is yet to be dated, priced or even named but we'll try and get you more info as soon as we're done munching on Easter eggs and drinking all of Tesco's beer.

kaffie
April 9th, 2007, 01:22
I was hoping for standard USB keyboard support maybe leading to some game uses.

Kamon
April 9th, 2007, 02:36
im just glad i wont have to use the controller any more

beetroot bertie
April 9th, 2007, 20:54
I think any old USB keyboard works anyway. I've been using an old Apple one for some time now and it works no probs. The number pad doesn't work though, just the main keys.

I suspect the 360 will be overpriced in comparison, unless it will include some 360 specific buttons/functions etc