PDA

View Full Version : NEW PSP Modchip Devolution Release on April 16th, 2007

burrito
April 9th, 2007, 14:48
via PSP Devolution (http://psp-devolution.com/)

Welcome to PSP-Devolution.com

Sorry guys for taking longer than expected but there had some important improvements to be done in order to make the PSP-Devolution the top mod for your Playstation Portable system.

We are now using 4 layer technology for the PSP-Devolution which results in even smaller size of the complete PSP-Devolution. This way it fits just perfect into the PSP.

http://www.psp-devolution.com/pspdev_f_m.jpg

Sales to the resellers of the PSP-Devolution will start on April 16th, 2007.

All resellers that have contacted us in the past will automatically receive an email from us on the above mentioned date. New inquiries are welcome, too.

Features:

- Flash your PSP using the internal USB Port

- no additional USB Port required

- latest ACTEL ProASIC 3 technology

- low power consumption

- works on all available PSP versions incl. TA-082 and TA-086

- custom BIOS with a lot of cool additional features

- preassembled hi-tech flex pcb for easiest possible conection to the psp mainboard

Too bad they didn't say the price.

weirdelf
April 9th, 2007, 15:51
Hmm... Is this a big change from the old one or not?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
April 9th, 2007, 15:51
What about the features of this custom bios? The OE firmwares pretty much defeat the purpose of the modchips.

burrito
April 9th, 2007, 17:32
The main reason to buy this would be to recover a brick on a TA-082/86.

xg917
April 9th, 2007, 17:56
thats if recovery dont work on the psp through OE
like. my old psp is totally bricked, nothing works. trust me. the umd laser wont turn on when starting the psp, the backlight wont turn on, the memory stick isnt read at the start up of the psp. i got a major complete brick.
i would buy this for my old psp but i dont know how to install this

Shrygue
April 9th, 2007, 18:37
I like the sounds of this new modchip soon to be available to get. Having compatibility to work on all current PSP motherboards is ace.

Xiofire
April 9th, 2007, 18:38
Id say good for coders who are messing with the flash, like Dark_Alex, but not really anyone else. Sortof like an expensive safety net for your PSP?
-Xiofire

xg917
April 9th, 2007, 18:58
so using this can u reflash ur psp to 1.5 from any firmware your psp is currently on?

Buddy4point0
April 9th, 2007, 19:16
so using this can u reflash ur psp to 1.5 from any firmware your psp is currently on?

yep. it can be used as a expensive downgrader from any firmware

psp411
April 9th, 2007, 19:47
I emailed them before and they told me the price... they said it was around $70-$75USD

here's the email that i sent (its an older one since i was intersted since the beginning of the year)

Sent : February 2, 2007 6:40:50 PM
To : [email protected]>
Subject : Re: Information regarding the PSP Modchip

Hi,

How much will it cost?
retail will be around 55 EUR

How difficult will it be to install from 1-10?
on your scale when 1 is PS1 and 10 is undiluted platinum then psp-devolution is perhaps 6 - 7

When will it be availiabe?
we will start sales in end of february.

regards, rick

mayb the price will stay the same :S
hopefully,it will :D :cool:

blabla
April 9th, 2007, 19:48
This weekend i've got my first brick so it comes handy..
I hope its a littlebit easier to assable then the old UP chip... was looking for it but WOW what a hell to install that one..

mavsman4457
April 9th, 2007, 23:35
Now you could buy a new PSP and modchip for $240. That's a very good price for all the bricks you can handle.

dogspit
April 10th, 2007, 16:40
I emailed them before and they told me the price... they said it was around $70-$75USD

here's the email that i sent (its an older one since i was intersted since the beginning of the year)

Sent : February 2, 2007 6:40:50 PM
To : [email protected]>
Subject : Re: Information regarding the PSP Modchip

Hi,

How much will it cost?
retail will be around 55 EUR

How difficult will it be to install from 1-10?
on your scale when 1 is PS1 and 10 is undiluted platinum then psp-devolution is perhaps 6 - 7

When will it be availiabe?
we will start sales in end of february.

regards, rick

mayb the price will stay the same :S
hopefully,it will :D :cool:

Yup... i confirm it! I sent an e-mail last month asking the same questions and the estimated price is the same saw in the earlier post... around 55€. I definitely will buy it, because i have a bricked PSP, and i can't use the recovery mode :eek:

Good news indeed :D

Sparksalot
April 15th, 2007, 12:33
its good and all, but does anyone actually know of a site where you can order/preoder one of these? I can't find it anywhere....

comicgeek
April 15th, 2007, 14:29
this can be very useful if you want to go back to a previous version of the firmware. for example go back to 2.71 when you have already upgraded to 3.30. This can also be used for an unbricking service or a downgrading service very useful to alot of people. You charge them a few dollars you install the chip unto their PSP flash their PSP then remove the chip. I know this process is done here. However the UP chip can be a real pain to install now with a Devolution chip the process can be less stressful.

burrito
April 15th, 2007, 18:20
Are you sure that the modchip can be removed after downgrading with it?

comicgeek
April 16th, 2007, 01:11
pretty sure. that's what most shops who offer unbricking service here in the philippines do with their UPs

comicgeek
April 16th, 2007, 01:12
yep