PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario 64 NES Edition

wraggster
April 9th, 2007, 21:59
Some smart dude has hacked the Mario 64 rom and replaced the graphics with those from the original on the Nes.

Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/a6nj5FlK7C0

lemoe
April 9th, 2007, 22:11
kool! lol

rehbock
April 9th, 2007, 22:16
nothing new :(

SSaxdude
April 9th, 2007, 22:20
Looks sweet.
*watches as the noobs ask where to find it*

fenrir911
this is pretty easy depending on what emulator you have, and your video plugin, i have, a cel-shaded zelda mod, its called celda, their are alot of things you can do with rices latest plugin for pj64 and 1964. i used to do this kinda stuf back in the day.

but thats still pretty cool

Anonymous D
kwl

weirdelf
April 9th, 2007, 22:21
That's pretty cool.

ORGAN
April 9th, 2007, 22:28
I wish my R 11 worket that well.. lol

YourStillWithMe
April 9th, 2007, 22:42
That's ballin

DragonPimpsta
April 9th, 2007, 22:59
thats pretty damn cool.. i wish my daedulus was that fast too. holy shit... =/

DarthPaul
April 9th, 2007, 23:04
Haha I found it very nice. Good work. If he only releases the customized rom,and we could play it with Daedelus..

Harshboy
April 9th, 2007, 23:18
I'm pretty sure he didnt do anything to the rom itslef but he is using the Video plugin to load "High-res" Textures in replace of the ones in the game. That's what that one guy did with the cel-shaded Ocarina of Time game.

CSPERFECTGT
April 9th, 2007, 23:24
cool,but i don't think that we will soon see that speed
on daedalus:(

Veskgar
April 9th, 2007, 23:38
Very clever...

Gene
April 9th, 2007, 23:48
Wow this guy must have had a lot of time on his hands. Good work!

S34MU5
April 9th, 2007, 23:56
erm, wasn't that mesosade that did that?????

and this obviously isn't daedalus, you get n64 emu's for PC you know...

mesosade
April 10th, 2007, 00:13
OMFG half those textures are mine and some are from the yoshi's island texture from emutalk wraggster may i ask of you where you got this info? he has used my textures which some were hand drawn. and he's used em without permisiion.

ACTUALLY nearly all those textures are either mince and 99 percent of the time belong to Risio i can't believe this. I really can't. he's getting all the fame for stealing other peoples work =[

BelmontSlayer
April 10th, 2007, 00:19
OMFG half those textures are mine and some are from the yoshi's island texture from emutalk wraggster may i ask of you where you got this info? he has used my textures which some were hand drawn. and he's used em without permisiion.

I hate it when idiots ripoff other peoples work without permission...EbaumsWorld anyone?

The King
April 10th, 2007, 00:24
yea man thats not cool to take some one elses stuff
and nice vid

also nice sig belmontslayer eral clasic and how it should be lol

pkmaximum
April 10th, 2007, 00:46
Pretty kool, Its really not that complicated to do though like everone else mentioned above, there is a high res Zelda cell shaded mod, thats pretty kool, but that actually uses more memory, so that wouldn't help speed for the PSP if that is what people are thinking lol =P

Basil Zero
April 10th, 2007, 01:45
Nice VID!

Awesome textures, but mario..looks....anyways looks awesome overall.

tsimehC
April 10th, 2007, 01:56
Nice! Pretty good, I thought it was a little strange though.

luis_05
April 10th, 2007, 02:03
yeah thats pretty kewl, all the haters get out!!

samthegreat68
April 10th, 2007, 02:38
the boss bomb is a badass

GobboFett
April 10th, 2007, 02:57
The textures and the colours will make your eyes bleed if watched for too long :eek: I personally thought it was rather poor and to hear it's simply stolen work from another makes the credibility drop even further...

Bruce.Lee
April 10th, 2007, 03:00
Haha. Brings back memories.

ish420ism
April 10th, 2007, 03:01

ACTUALLY nearly all those textures are either mince and 99 percent of the time belong to Risio i can't believe this. I really can't. he's getting all the fame for stealing other peoples work =[

I got robbed... whuahh:( his project looks better than mine... whuahh:( nobody loves me anymore... whuahh:(
LMFAO:rofl:

PSmonkey
April 10th, 2007, 03:17
I wish strmnnrmn would support external textures. The reason I say this is because he could posibly free some memory as well get a small render boost by allowing the rom to load up psp optimised textures as well as mark data cunks in the rom that can be not loaded since it was just texture space.

while not important I think it would be worth supporting.

PLZKLLME0080
April 10th, 2007, 03:38
Looks sweet.
*watches as the noobs ask where to find it*

go ahead and watch. where can i get it? :D
just kidding.

emuking
April 10th, 2007, 07:18

is it alright if you can send me those textures with your permission i really like them :)

mastersho
April 10th, 2007, 15:02
man the was great! that took my back some years!

cashboxz02
April 10th, 2007, 18:00
this is retardeed

Briggzy11
April 10th, 2007, 19:48
not really...

...its good and alot of people are saying its stolen work...

incorrect, its not been released, its simply a video of what sum1 has done to the rom, i use peoples textures all the time when designing stuff, I rarely release it as its personal use for my psp, so its not stealing.

forceflow03
April 11th, 2007, 15:48
why not just get the regular one?

kurofox4444
April 15th, 2007, 21:17

Don't mean to post in an old topic but... How is it stolen work? looks like all the textures are from the NES game Super Mario Bros... And what programs did you use for editing textures?... ive tried before but all I managed to do was edit some title screen 2d sprites... (people don't seem to apreciate how hard this probably was to make)