PDA

View Full Version : The Future's So Bright, I've Got to Gouge My Eyes Out

wraggster
April 9th, 2007, 22:11
via gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/the-futures-so-bright-ive-got-to-gouge-my-eyes-out-250812.php)

It looks like a certain British Ministry of Defense woke up on the wrong side of the bed, as they've got a pretty pessimistic view of what we've got in store for us in the next 30 years. In a newly issued report on what Britain needs to prepare for, they think we've got some pretty sizable and terrifying advancements in technology on the way, including:

• An electromagnetic pulse should be around by 2035, enabling baddies to take down all electronic equipment in a city in one fell swoop.
• Neutron weapons that can destroy human organs without damaging surrounding buildings could be used for "extreme ethnic cleansing in an increasingly populated world." Yeah, that'll be around by 2035 as well.
• Information chips that can be implanted directly into the brain should also be around by 2035.
• The immediate and widespread dissemination of information will enable terrorists and criminal groups to organize "flashmobs," large groups of people that appear to come out of nowhere all at once.

Also: huge class divisions making Marxism more popular, a Middle Eastern population boom, an Islamic war on China, and increased global warming. Now who wants ice cream?

Triv1um
April 9th, 2007, 23:42
lol, you know what these guesses are like.

according to old tv shows and films, we should have hover cars and ray guns by now.

Cap'n 1time
April 10th, 2007, 02:40
lol, you know what these guesses are like.

according to old tv shows and films, we should have hover cars and ray guns by now.

and we have that technology... it just isnt practical.

mesosade
April 10th, 2007, 14:16
robots will run our lives around 10 years ago >_>