PDA

View Full Version : MotorStorm Designer: Japan Not Bothered About Online

wraggster
April 10th, 2007, 10:45
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/motorstorm/motorstorm-designer-japan-not-bothered-about-online-250940.php)

Man, when the first images of MotorStorm appeared, I was so excited! Then the next year, the footage didn't look as a amazing. It looked okay. Still, my interested remained. And when the game finally arrived in Japan, where I live, it lacked online. Poof! My interest was gone. Says the game's lead designer Nigel Kershaw:

Well, the European and American versions have online. The Japanese version does not, they weren't as bothered about online. We also tweaked a lot of things under the hood. Nothing you'd probably notice — we played around with some of the numbers and some of the graphics — but the main thing we did was add online play.
Sure, I can't speak for Japanese people, but I know that no online convinced of one thing: Not buying MotorStorm. Bet I wasn't alone, either.

ElRazur
April 10th, 2007, 13:20
I guess it is down to what the manufacturer deems is needed in a particular region or not. In my opinion, they (games developer) got it wrong this time.

JKKDARK
April 10th, 2007, 13:52
obviously this game will be a commercial failure on Japan.

ElRazur
April 10th, 2007, 15:20
I dont think the game has been a commercial failure per sey.

lmtlmt
April 14th, 2007, 09:55
yer more like best selling game:p