PDA

View Full Version : ASE2LUA released.. 3d to lua "covert any 3d model to gu array"

wraggster
April 10th, 2007, 12:53
ahrimanes posted this news/release:

if you know 3dmax, or ascii 3d files (ASE) you you must try this tool i just made, its a tool to port 3dmax models to lua trought ASE format. all you have to do is to expot your max to ase then use my tool and you will have the triangle array to use in gu.
Download Ahrimanes ASE2LUA v0.1
it includes:
some ase models
1 max model to test 3dmx to ase then lua
ase2lua v0.1 by ahrimanes (me)
tutorial folder
and eboot folder(this is a test of the ship.max) basically luaplayer testhing ase2lua output.

well still left to port the u,v for maping, by now no textures suported, but you can start testing complexmodels on you programs. hope you like... stay tuned to futher releases.....
pleaaaseee leave your comentesss.
edit: haaaa almost forgot, this runs under windows and you must have installed ms excel.

// new release

hi thereee i was working hard to make this,, the new release of my ase tolua v0.2 now suporting uv maping coordinates. and some error fixed still left to fix som errors on the model but its almost done... ase2luav0.2 hope you like it... the file include a space ship model textured on 3dmax, and the same in ase, includes the ase2lua v1.0 too...

the error i have, is somthing whit the polys draws.. some of them seems to bee always on top when they must be in botthom. "this tooll was made in visual basic 6.0 no thing to do whit lua, it just convert the 3d model to the lua format so you can use the array in your lua code."... by the way till now just 1 madel is suported, i mean no multiple models in asingle scene can be transformed, this is easy to fix and i think i will do it for the next release, what i must really fix is that error i menthioned back there.. this is just a intent to do somthing for the comunity to help developers to work whit lua,,,, else is soo har to draw a complex model vertex by vertex, and face by face no offences to friend tactical penguin his tool is powerfull. but cince i know most of people model in advanced 3d porgrams.. like 3dmax or modo, or others,... the point is if your 3d program can make ascii *.ASE. this tool will convert it to lua array.... well thanks.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via ahrimanes (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1496440&postcount=1)

Buddy4point0
April 10th, 2007, 17:08
cool. im gonna check this out. hopefully this helps makeing 3d homebrew easyer