PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex 3.30OE Custom Firmware Update: PS1 Emulation Improved!

wraggster
April 11th, 2007, 00:50
via pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3524) comes some new info on the next release of the custom firmware, it will have improved PS1 Emulation:

translation:

If, as DarK_Alex announced yesterday it will not have there a great innovation in the 3.30 OE it does not remain about it less than one small surprise will await you in integrated emulator PS1. Indeed while working on this one, they realized that an option making it possible to regulate the rate loading (In the play) of ISOs PS1 is present in this new version. Previously, in the old versions, the speed of the loading was done with identical compared to the PS1. Today, it will be possible, via an option, to choose between the original mode and an accelerated loading! We benefit from the occasion to say to you that the 3.30OE is in good way and that, DarK_Alex not having still a PSP, it still does not have there a precise date envisaged. But like us had already said it to you, no play not asking the 3.30, there is no need to hurry with the lake!

Very interesting.

Flatlander
April 11th, 2007, 00:54
so cool.. but lol at the straight translation heh.. i actually laughed out loud at "But like us had already said it to you, no play not asking the 3.30, there is no need to hurry with the lake!"

SSaxdude
April 11th, 2007, 01:01
Cheers for DAX!

Veskgar
April 11th, 2007, 01:03
Many were already aware that SONY had implemented the faster loading of PS1 games in the official 3.30 firmware. This along with improved compatibility and possibly performance is the main reason I look forward to 3.30 OE.

Its now been more than 3 months since the Christmas morning surprise from Dark_AleX but the fact that there is FULL SPEED PSX emulation on the PSP is still something that puts a smile on my face everyday.

And like all other great emulators for the PSP, I look forward to all of the improvements SONY adds to the POPS PSX emulator.

I hope Dark_AleX has seen a spike in donations after the failure of his PSP/modchip. But no rush. He shouldn't be pressured to release. Whenever he is ready there will be hundreds of thousands of people anxiously awaiting and very appreciative.

Zaitmi
April 11th, 2007, 01:10
if this fw bricked da's psp and the others didn't, theres more of a chance for this one to brick mine than his other fw's

I was sort of thinking the same thing. If Dark Alex's PSP can brick, then perhaps it's not so safe, but I'm sure with good time it will be just as safe as the other custom firmware releases. Good luck Dark Alex.

SnesR0X
April 11th, 2007, 01:11
very good:thumbup:

Veskgar
April 11th, 2007, 01:11
if this fw bricked da's psp and the others didn't, theres more of a chance for this one to brick mine than his other fw's
People need not be misinformed about the circumstances surrounding Dark_AleX's PSP. His PSP bricked due to hardware not software (3.30 OE). The hardware failure was something to do with his modchip. A prototype version of 3.30 OE did not brick D_A's or anyone else's PSP.

hmm i wonder what the accelerated loading is, it may get tedious turning it off and on to speed up already short load times for most games only to disable graphical quality

This will be a setting like any other with PSX games. You will just need to turn the setting on once for each game you want to use it on. It will stay saved along with all other settings in the save file for that PSX game. It won't be tedious.

ORGAN
April 11th, 2007, 01:19
yea i know i use a good Free Online Translator lol.

gunntims0103
April 11th, 2007, 01:24
anticipating Dax's release :)

Gene
April 11th, 2007, 01:56
This sounds promising although, I feel horrible for DarK_Alex because his psp broke.

Balthasar00
April 11th, 2007, 02:00
? why flash to 3.30 oe for the new pop version? I can simply use the prx plugins of this version. right ?

starogre
April 11th, 2007, 02:01
This will be a setting like any other with PSX games. You will just need to turn the setting on once for each game you want to use it on. It will stay saved along with all other settings in the save file for that PSX game. It won't be tedious.

I know that...

I'm saying since I probably wouldn't want the accelerator on all the time because it lowers graphical quality. THAT means that during menu screens and loading files and saving i'd have to tediously turn it on and off all the time for speedups, if i use it at all...

gr42178
April 11th, 2007, 02:37
accelerated loading? sounds cool. I think Sony said that it MIGHT cause graphic errors, so it might not, you never know...

devmas
April 11th, 2007, 02:42
If only there was just a POPS loader, I would be content. That is the one and only reason why I look forward to the new firmware, not because of new features or anything...

wolfpack
April 11th, 2007, 02:46
hopefully RE2 is playable past the police station and parasite eve 2 will actually go past the square enix logo!

Buddy4point0
April 11th, 2007, 02:59
i cant wait for this. but why did sony skip 3.20?

MHB_1990
April 11th, 2007, 04:50
please make PS1 emu support for game with 2 discs
and you're the best

Emeriastone
April 11th, 2007, 05:56
there is no need to hurry to the lake?

drock82
April 11th, 2007, 06:16
More compatibilty is always good, the ps1 is the reason why i got dark alex releases. Now we probably be able to play resident evil 2,3, doom, final doom and maybe a half load of other games that wasnt playable on the last versions. release!release!:D

Psyberjock
April 11th, 2007, 06:32
So no news as to whether or not the region free video umd feature will actually work this time around? That's the only set of bugs I want removed. Please Alex? Please?

DarthPaul
April 11th, 2007, 08:05
Yeah!! So they're still working on it even if Dax's PSP is broken. Well that's a good team.

ish420ism
April 11th, 2007, 09:11
If was DAX, I'd ask for donated PSP's, every release. But, that's just me.

Also, 3.30 oe, is not really a big need for me, as I don't have many ps1 games to convert to eboots. The FULL RESOLUTION video, Now that I desperately want, even though I think PMP supports full res video

b_simpson1999
April 11th, 2007, 09:28
please make PS1 emu support for game with 2 discs
and you're the best

you can do this already cos i got ff7 on and that 3 disks, but i be glad if we can get rid of stuff from the menu that u just don't need

Triv1um
April 11th, 2007, 09:29
sounds good.

1 reason to why I should get this. It needs to be more special before I will.

haaroon
April 11th, 2007, 10:40
ahh man my psp is bricked cause my lil bruva deleted da flash, can som1 help me fix it, i dont have a modchip!

haaroon
April 11th, 2007, 10:42
ahh man my psp is bricked cause my lil bruva deleted da flash, can som1 help me fix it, i dont have a modchip! on 3.03 oe-c i left da flash0 toggled in usb and he came up and banm deleted it, no more psp, then he exitted recovery, can some1 PM ME if they no how to fix it other than mod-chip or motherboard chainging

CSPERFECTGT
April 11th, 2007, 10:51
you can do this already cos i got ff7 on and that 3 disks, but i be glad if we can get rid of stuff from the menu that u just don't need

you can do that with programs like outa space created by ~pj1115.you can free alot of space.:thumbup:

Ari
April 11th, 2007, 11:26
There's a plugin (http://exophase.com/files/psp/popsloader.rar) that lets you load 3.30 pops onto 3.10 OE already...

starogre
April 11th, 2007, 11:44
you can do this already cos i got ff7 on and that 3 disks

only because ff7 has save points right before you swap eboots

what about games with no save points? you're basically screwed at that point

i would like to see save states for POPS, in my opinion

g00gy
April 11th, 2007, 12:32
YAY maybe now final fantasy 9 might run full speed

dragaron
April 11th, 2007, 12:33
there is no need to hurry to the lake?

Actually, you have it slightly skewed on a very important detail.

"there is no need to hurry with the lake!"

And this is good news my friend. Very good news indeed.

camcorderdoctor
April 11th, 2007, 13:41
There's a plugin (http://exophase.com/files/psp/popsloader.rar) that lets you load 3.30 pops onto 3.10 OE already...

sorry, but i've tried everything to get the 3.30 pops to work with popsloader for 3.10oe and it doesn't work - i'm not sure exactly why - but if you guys got it to work i wish you could explain how.

Stop making fraudulant statements! :mad:

ab_geee_eee
April 11th, 2007, 14:26
i cant wait!!!!! :)

cashboxz02
April 11th, 2007, 16:08
All of this stuff is bullshit. There is no 330OE, and it won't ever exist.

A.) Sony has a hold of Dark_Alex, and they offer him good deals for working for them.

B.) Even if they didn't have a hold of him(BUT THEY DO), he would be scared, because they know where he lives(SPAIN)

C.) I think if he didn't work for them the FBI would've done something.

sappo
April 11th, 2007, 16:18

A.) Sony has a hold of Dark_Alex, and they offer him good deals for working for them.

B.) Even if they didn't have a hold of him(BUT THEY DO), he would be scared, because they know where he lives(SPAIN)

THIS IS bullcrap.

Sony is selling 50% PSP more thanks to him.

Sony has always sold consoles thanks to piracy.

No piracy, no Sony.

For what I think, they are paying him to do that :D

Triv1um
April 11th, 2007, 16:22

Youre a idiot.

cashboxz02
April 11th, 2007, 16:37
Youre a idiot.

Yeah, well I'm just telling what really happened, and I know it hurts.

nebulator
April 11th, 2007, 16:50
I'll think you'll find the answer you seek is in:
..R:\Tard....

Anyway, Dark Alex still doesn't have a psp ? i thought he got a new one ? hmm ....

aries2k4
April 11th, 2007, 16:52
Yeah, well I'm just telling what really happened, and I know it hurts.

get off the drugs, mate:eek:

or maybe you need to get on presciption drugs.:rolleyes:

cashboxz02
April 11th, 2007, 16:53
I know it hurts :(
Why did Sony have to find out? We were just getting to the good firmwares.

cashboxz02
April 11th, 2007, 16:53
Forreal

pt9087
April 11th, 2007, 16:56

Fool, you are such a tard, unless you were joking then you are just so stupid

Veskgar
April 11th, 2007, 17:00

Come on man, go somewhere else with your moronic and unintelligent posts. Nobody thinks you are funny, nobody thinks you are cool. Please stop double posting and trolling the thread with this BS info.

cashboxz02
April 11th, 2007, 17:04
Alright, you know what, don't believe me. Just keep waisting your time waiting and waiting. After all, it is your imagination. But I just told what really happened to the firmware. This is my last post about this.

EvilDooinz
April 11th, 2007, 17:29
I would like to know where you got the info from so we could verify it.

cashboxz02
April 11th, 2007, 17:33
y hasnt he released anything since the interview wid dat one other guy , and since they found out where he lives. first explain dat then i'll explain the rest.

EvilDooinz
April 11th, 2007, 17:42
So i assume this is all just speculation because you are impatient.

timm5192
April 11th, 2007, 17:47
Dark_AleX please save me from shitty 3.11 psp firmware.

cashboxz02
April 11th, 2007, 17:55
Dark_AleX please save me from shitty 3.11 psp firmware.

I wish he could, son, I wish he could.:(

slayerdiabolus
April 11th, 2007, 18:16
I dont understand why there is such a big hype over this release. There isn't much new features for it?

camcorderdoctor
April 11th, 2007, 18:17
y hasnt he released anything since the interview wid dat one other guy , and since they found out where he lives. first explain dat then i'll explain the rest.

Dude i'm not going to feed into your cause your just trying to piss people off - what a DINK or sould i say d@#k head or a@# hole or f@#k face or penis breath or c@ck sucker or butt pounder or whatever else might come to mind. You are a fool! Why did you join this forum anyway - do you cream your pants getting people riled up or what? Dumb Ass - LOL

Besides - DAX's sight is still up and all his stuff is still there for everyone to download you retard!

drock82
April 11th, 2007, 19:01
the firmware will come if dax didnt say other wise then it will get here ,patience is a virtue. And as for the new features the ps1 is gonna be much improved instead of the ps1 games loading like on the console version we will have control over the speed of the iso resulting in probably more compatibilty:thumbup:

wiredforpower
April 11th, 2007, 21:19
oh nice, cant wait for this

ZeakStarwind
April 11th, 2007, 21:22
Well...now this is good news to hear. I'll be sure to wait patiently for this type of feature to come for DAX's 3.30 OE. Still a shame that DAX's PSP went kaput on him. Keep the CFW living on bro. Support you all the way!

starogre
April 11th, 2007, 21:36
you guys are idiots if you think cashbox is being serious

he's just making you angry and laughing at how serious you are about the legitimacy of a 3 sentence story he made up

there are 4 kinds of people on the internet and especially this site

the ones who post thousands of replies just going 'good job!' or 'this rocks!' or 'I LOVE YOU [insert name here, usually on this forum its DAX]', the people who post seriously and maintain the status of 'useful poster who has something to do with the conversation', and third, the people who care way too much and get offended if someone quotes them, or makes up total BS about something - these people are losers and have nothing better to do, and fourth, the people who don't care at all

zonnikku
April 11th, 2007, 21:53
There just HAS to be a day when FF VIII will work perfectly. :|

I'm incredibly looking forward to POPS being updated in compatibility with 3.30, and I honestly hope it'll solve soma problems I have with a few of my PSX games.

starogre
April 11th, 2007, 23:11
There just HAS to be a day when FF VIII will work perfectly. :|

I'm incredibly looking forward to POPS being updated in compatibility with 3.30, and I honestly hope it'll solve some problems I have with a few of my PSX games.

whats the matter with ff8? ff7 and ff9 work perfectly for me, don't know why 8 wouldn't...

and is ff8 a good game? i've only beaten ff tactics, ff7 and ff9 a gazillion times, but never played ff8....lots of people like it more than the others, so what is better about it than the others? i sorta want to play it just to find out :P

cashboxz02
April 12th, 2007, 03:36
Daydream all you want kids.
:D

bigboss24
April 12th, 2007, 15:24
and is ff8 a good game?

Woo, now there's a loaded question. :rofl:

You'll get different answers every time you ask someone. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground; either you liked FF8, or you hated 8. The magic system in particular was a pain in the ass (Draw? please), and Squall was possibly the most emo of all emo Square heroes, but... overall, I kind of liked it.

I tend to lose interest in the story after a while, though, because I kind of forget what's going on, then I just stop playing. Right after the bit with Laguna in the flashback, I wander away from FF8. Maybe if I can take it WITH me, I'll be more prone to finish it.

Gotta find a PSP that I can convert to OE first, though, since mine's stuck on 3.10 (I refuse to go any higher with Sony firmwares for now, since no games require it).

And now I've officially derailed this thread. Sorry! Back on topic.

Basil Zero
April 12th, 2007, 15:54
I cannot wait to update my 3.03 OE-C psp to 3.30 OE

Narcotize
April 12th, 2007, 18:56
Woo, now there's a loaded question. :rofl:

You'll get different answers every time you ask someone. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground; either you liked FF8, or you hated 8. The magic system in particular was a pain in the ass (Draw? please), and Squall was possibly the most emo of all emo Square heroes, but... overall, I kind of liked it.

I tend to lose interest in the story after a while, though, because I kind of forget what's going on, then I just stop playing. Right after the bit with Laguna in the flashback, I wander away from FF8. Maybe if I can take it WITH me, I'll be more prone to finish it.

Gotta find a PSP that I can convert to OE first, though, since mine's stuck on 3.10 (I refuse to go any higher with Sony firmwares for now, since no games require it).

And now I've officially derailed this thread. Sorry! Back on topic.

Yes, the DRAW DRAW DRAW mechanic was a bit of a pain. But I just loved the story. I liked the way it departed from Square's usual 'trail round the world in a straight line, while stopping off at an ice location, a desert location, an ancient races ruin location' .... etc. Some of the set pieces in the game were just awesome, such as the bit where you think one of your sets of people have been killed while the other lot race to save Balamb from a missile attack.

Also the assassination attempt on the sorceress. Great stuff.

Squall was cool too, in so far as he was an interesting lead character. Lots of internal monologue and lumbered with a bunch of people he really DIDN'T want to be around (who all get on like a house on fire apart from him!).

FF9 was challenging, but it got a bit messy after Garland turns up. Plus the baffling last boss with his 'Hello, you've not met me before, but I'm here to kill everything anyway.' introduction. Also the Trance system was a bit sucky.

And back onto FF9, its a shame the PSP just can't quite handle it when lots of characters are on screen. Getting around towns as a result is a pain!

Buddy4point0
April 12th, 2007, 19:41
Yes, the DRAW DRAW DRAW mechanic was a bit of a pain. But I just loved the story. I liked the way it departed from Square's usual 'trail round the world in a straight line, while stopping off at an ice location, a desert location, an ancient races ruin location' .... etc. Some of the set pieces in the game were just awesome, such as the bit where you think one of your sets of people have been killed while the other lot race to save Balamb from a missile attack.

Also the assassination attempt on the sorceress. Great stuff.

Squall was cool too, in so far as he was an interesting lead character. Lots of internal monologue and lumbered with a bunch of people he really DIDN'T want to be around (who all get on like a house on fire apart from him!).

FF9 was challenging, but it got a bit messy after Garland turns up. Plus the baffling last boss with his 'Hello, you've not met me before, but I'm here to kill everything anyway.' introduction. Also the Trance system was a bit sucky.

And back onto FF9, its a shame the PSP just can't quite handle it when lots of characters are on screen. Getting around towns as a result is a pain!

what? ff9 works perfectly for me. no matter what town im in or what im fighting. ive never had a single problem with it. you probly have a bad eboot or a bad rom rip. what did you use to compress it? popstation gui 1.2 is what i use and its perfect

starogre
April 12th, 2007, 19:59

Maybe you meant to say 'back onto FF8'? considering you were talking about ff9, then you say 'back onto the topic i was just talking about' ....and because ff9 works perfect, though it is a bit choppy in some areas...

cashboxz02
April 13th, 2007, 00:40
lmao... i proved you m*f***rs wrong.

i rest my f***ing case