PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo reports 762 million dollars lost in illegal game copies

xcjzerox
April 11th, 2007, 01:08
Nintendo have released an official statement explaining in detail exactly how game 'piracy' hurts and affects the gaming industry and game companies.
Quote:
Nintendo just released an official statement that explains how pirate copies of games affect the market & hurst the gaming companies.

In four years, 7.7 millions copies of video games have been seized in 300 chinese factories. We can understand the bitterness of Nintendo, that released its official statement to show how the United States of America is working with them to fight piracy.

With all these illegal copies seized, only one lawsuit has been filed in China for software piracy. Nintendo finds this situation scandalous.
They want this situation to stop and they want China to finally put their pirates in jail instead of giving them a small fine.

This is what pushed Nintendo to complaint to USA about this situation and request help to force China to react on this situation. Nintendo also wants to complaint to Hong Kong, Brasil, Mexico and Paraguay.

Nintendo says that this “piracy factory” is huge. The money lost in piracy is estimated to be 762 million dollars, which is completly unacceptable.

News source: <a href="http://www.games-it.com/2007/04/11/nintendo-reports-762-million-dollars-lost-in-illegal-game-copies/" target="_blank">games-it.com</a>

lmao nintendo nintedo they just because they always have the lowest memories for games

kcajblue
April 11th, 2007, 07:15
wow. thats a lot of money to be lost to piracy.

Tikker
April 11th, 2007, 09:22
some of it's funny accounting too

ie, if I download 800 DS games, is taht 800x$30 that nintendo's lost?

technically, yes, but it's not like I would have actually bought all 800 of those games

(this is just an example. I'm more than willing to purchase retail copies of good games)

JKKDARK
April 11th, 2007, 12:35
Yeah it's a lot, of course. But piracy on Sony consoles is a lot bigger

spik3yb0i
May 26th, 2007, 18:31
piracy is big but the money nintendo and sony and them make is even bigger

Vampbri-n
June 9th, 2007, 17:28
how long gas china been doing this.

acn010
June 9th, 2007, 17:33
for a long time...........
its not only china... mexico, brasil, ecuador, and many more countries, if seen. for example: mexico, ived been in a store and a saw a freaking huge ass book, it looked like a bible but actually was a book full of ps games. theres another bible book for ps2 and xbox, dreamcast....... not only sell copied games, they were also selling stolen AND all of them are modchipped.....

Vampbri-n
June 9th, 2007, 17:35
dam i don't like mexico anyway not that im implying anything. is china the main one?