PDA

View Full Version : First 'Wii fitness class' opens

wraggster
April 11th, 2007, 18:37
Anyone who's played Wii Sports Tennis knows how much of a sweat you can work up swinging the Remote around, and now a professional trainer in UK is using the Wii in workouts with clients.

Zander Urquhart, who runs WestCoast Fitness in Scotland, noticed that playing Wii gets people who wouldn't usually exercise actually doing physical activities, sometimes for long periods of time.

He said: "I was watching this five-year-old who, to be honest, needed encouragement to do any exercise, but there he was for half an hour running about playing tennis, boxing and baseball, working up a sweat."

Urquhart began using Wii to train children but noted: "I started getting requests from adults as well," and has since started Wii work-outs for people of all ages.

Experts have found that you can work off over 125 calories in a 15 minute play session on Wii, presumably on an active game like Wii Sports, rather than Mercury Meltdown.

The lesson to be learned? If you're a bit of a bloater, just buy a Wii and batter Wii Sports.

And lay off the pies.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161762)

VampDude
April 13th, 2007, 01:29
wow, I need to play more...

...Boxing is the best one to workout on WiiSports, I have a PRO score of 1467 on my regular Mii and 1794 on another Mii - so much fun to be had!