PDA

View Full Version : This Day in Gaming, April 11th

Shrygue
April 11th, 2007, 23:02
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/this-day-in-gaming/this-day-in-gaming-april-11th-251294.php)

2005: EA announces a 6-year agreement with the Collegiate Licensing Company for exclusive rights to college football content. This follows a similar agreement with the NFL. Now if I only cared about sports, this announcement might actually bother me.

2006: Bandai releases Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked for PS2 in the US. It's a game based upon the anime show Samurai Champloo. But just so the game companies have it clear: we don't need any more anime titles until you give us Big O on PS3/Xbox 360/Wii. And another season would be nice, too. Thanks.

JKKDARK
April 11th, 2007, 23:39
I really hated when EA did it. Now since they don't have competition, we only see generic and generic games.

Kaiser
April 12th, 2007, 06:39
I really hated when EA did it. Now since they don't have competition, we only see generic and generic games.

Indeed, I miss the old Sega Sports brand of football. Those games were excellent and probably the best priced of any games out there. They really gave EA a scare when they decided to release their game a full 20 dollars under EA's Madden. SEGA could afford that move by dropping all the licensed songs and bullshit and replacing it with better gameplay. Thats competition at its best