PDA

View Full Version : Help With PSP-290

nuclear_j
April 11th, 2007, 23:09
Okay I give up, I got a Holux working but for whatever reason I cannot get the PSP-290 going. I got my own prx files from the firmware updates. Used the 2.71 acc and the 3.03 gps, I'm using the 3.03 Kernal and I'm on FW 3.03 OE-B. What happens is i get the blue screen that says "Loading usb accessory module..." and then after about 45 seconds, the PSP shuts off. I put the prx files in the folder that also has the system folder on it. Is there anything you see that I don't? Help a brotha out please!:confused:

deniska
April 12th, 2007, 01:25
There is a good chance that your usbacc.prx is corrupted or incorrectly extracted. I believe FAQ has a section on how to extract the required modules..

nuclear_j
April 12th, 2007, 02:27
There is a good chance that your usbacc.prx is corrupted or incorrectly extracted. I believe FAQ has a section on how to extract the required modules..

Thanks for the tip. I went to the FAQ download section and got the green proggie program. That program loads up. (Have not been outside yet to test tracking) But when i used the prx files from the green proggie for map this. It still did the same thing. (blue screen and then shuts off) I'm gonna check to make sure i up graded the program correctly. What i did was replaced the eboot file in the non % folder. Is that the correct way to up grade?

pkunk
April 12th, 2007, 22:04
Hey just in case, I am using 3.10-OEA too - It works for me using both of the .prx files from the official 3.10 firmware which I extracted with PSAR Dumper etc... Have you tried that?

nuclear_j
April 19th, 2007, 08:43
Hey just in case, I am using 3.10-OEA too - It works for me using both of the .prx files from the official 3.10 firmware which I extracted with PSAR Dumper etc... Have you tried that?

I'm actually running 3.03 OE-B. Thanks anyway.:)

I am still getting the same blue screen though. I used the Green Proggie program and that works fine. It can track satellites and it calculates speed. But when I try to run the actual mapThis program, I get the "Blue Screen of Inaction" I also used the PRX files from green proggie. So Deniska or anyone!... any ideas on why Green Proggie works and mapThis does not? (I'm sure it's my setup and not your program) Please help me out with my set up.

Setup:
Running FW 3.03 OE-B
Running 3.03 Kernel
Program in GAME150 folder (does not open in GAME303)
PRX files taken from green proggie in mapViewer folder

Also, I think that you should have one downloadable zip file for the most recent version. Ya know? Instead of downloading an older version and the replacing certain files. The less steps the better. Just my 2 cents.

UPDATE:
I got it working now. What I did was download ver 461s Beta and saw that it was one file like the green proggie program. I put that single file into the GAME150 folder (Just like green proggie) Put the updated eboot, system files and prx files in the mapViewer folder and presto it worked. However, it takes an awfully long time to lock and track. The Holux GPS I had did it in usually under 1 minute.

And 1 last quick question, why do some programs have two folders to run on the PSP and why do some only have one?

deniska
April 19th, 2007, 15:29
The ones with 2 folders utilize Kxploit (a way to run homebrew in 1.5 FW).. A second folder contains some startup data (startup icon, background, etc) for the executable..
Most OE FW "know" how to execute un-exploited versions thus 1 folder....

nuclear_j
April 19th, 2007, 18:11
The ones with 2 folders utilize Kxploit (a way to run homebrew in 1.5 FW).. A second folder contains some startup data (startup icon, background, etc) for the executable..
Most OE FW "know" how to execute un-exploited versions thus 1 folder....

Cool thanks for that! :thumbup: