PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Game/Demo

wraggster
April 12th, 2007, 01:43
News/release from Hopper:

Hey,

About time I got around to releasing this.
It's my attempt at a Zelda game for the PSP coded in Lua.

It's not too bad. Runs a bit slow in places.
Either take it or leave it, please don't b.it.ch about anything in this game(Code, Lua, IP etc.)
Read the readme!!- has all acknowledgments, sorry if I missed any.

Game Features
------------------------
*LINK!!!
*Tile based game engine
*Collision Detection
*Houses
*Scrolling Map (with dodgy dodgy collision)
*One Dungeon
*AI enemies (Path finding enemies that can see Link and will run after him but won't hurt him =])
*Multiplayer online game
*Modified version of Mericks map maker(used my own code to read from tile sheet, doesn't offer as many features, just drawing)
*Some stupid weird stuff i put in to amuse myself
-----------------------

Haven't tested out the IP address I use in the online game in a while. It uses youresam's server, he might have changed it since?? Anyone know?? I tested it on my own pc so I know the game will work.

And to be honest I really really couldn't be arsed ever working anymore on this project ever again. I might release an extra room i've made as it's not available in this download. THE DAVE ROOM!
So please don't expect much in the way of updates in the future and don't ask me for updates.

Thanks especially to Soulkiller and anyone who has helped me when i had problems.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via hopper (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1501081&postcount=1)

Buddy4point0
April 12th, 2007, 02:02
it says mulitplayer online game. are you sure?
like infrastucture?

Gene
April 12th, 2007, 02:12
Wow this is amazing! keep up the great work and i hope you release more of this.

The King
April 12th, 2007, 02:14
cool finaly a a zelda game for psp yay i wana play

ICE
April 12th, 2007, 02:17
someone post a screen. im too lazy.

Gene
April 12th, 2007, 04:31
I believe QJ has a video and you can check it out.

It's really a very nice looking demo and I am looking forward to future releases of this game.

PrettyStupidPerson
April 12th, 2007, 07:18
sooo... is it like the n64 version or...

Skateblind
April 12th, 2007, 13:49
Wow, does anyone actually read the posts or do they just look at the title. The chap says there will be NO more releases of this in the future. From what I gather nothing attacks you, so its not going to be fun to play. Its is extremely well made by the sounds of it, if he coded the tile/scrolling system himself and as well as the collision stuff. Its also on rapid share which barley ever works for me, so I'm going to call this release pointless if he doesn't release the source for others to learn from. Its not completed, it never will be, its just a bit of eye candy, nothing else.

KING, your a silly sod, learn to spell. The motion sensing idea was first used by Microsoft for a pc controller. If your going to say, 'well they did it first on a console', who cares mate, I would prefer them all having those sort of controllers as an option. Microsoft have even admitted that if the market is big enough, they would most likely make one as well. I prefer to see all the consoles grow and only use the best ideas, only a fanboy would want them to be the only ones to use it. OH NO, they stuck a button in the middle of their controller! BIG WHOOP!(monkey island anyone ;)) There wasn't exactly anywhere else to put it that would make sense. Sony knew it was a good idea and so they used it, as an avid gamer, Im pretty happy about this, if they were only to use original ideas then most of the consoles would suck big time. Like triggers on controllers, if only one company had used that idea then the rest of the consoles would have sucked badly, it should be about community.

darksoft
April 12th, 2007, 18:15
@Skateblind:

Its lua, the source is in the rar archive.

Viralmind
April 12th, 2007, 20:08
played it last night.
it was pretty cool for what it was.

i wonder if anyone else is going to take it up and try to do more work on it?

factor remix
April 12th, 2007, 21:49
someone post a screenshot... I am to lazy...

ish420ism
April 12th, 2007, 22:31
I'm sure it provides great ideas for other programmers who wish to develop working titles similar to this.
This makes you more appreciate the hard work and time these coders put into their creations.
Even with a team of developers, it's gotta be a bitch to come up with a game or app only to be left incomplete or unsatisfied.

Too bad Hopper, hope this doesn't discourage you guys to come up with an even better game.

Just keep on keeping on

Skateblind
April 12th, 2007, 22:43
I wouldn't mind taking a look myself actually, it is great resource and example of to do an engine in LUA

nomi
April 13th, 2007, 12:59
let me see... i may ask the author if i may continue this...

Viralmind
April 20th, 2007, 00:57
any word?

factor remix
April 20th, 2007, 02:22
this is 3d or wat?