PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, I'm Autistic.

ExcruciationX
April 12th, 2007, 16:15
I've always tripped over things, never did good in school, etc.

My mom "knows" I have it, so does anybody else suffer from it here?

Buddy4point0
April 12th, 2007, 16:16
yep im 100 % autisitc.
i always walk into walls and such. lol jk

Accordion
April 12th, 2007, 16:26
wrong

Malksta
April 12th, 2007, 16:30
I guess I have it too. =/

ExcruciationX
April 12th, 2007, 16:32
wrong
Who are you talking to?

quzar
April 12th, 2007, 16:43
I knew a dude with asperger's, which is a form of high functional autism. He literally knew the entire history of the monarchies of europe. He could list lineages dating back to roman times and knew the histories of each country more comprehensively than I've ever seen documented in a single place. Really amazing. Of course, he had the social skills of a sponge.

Accordion
April 12th, 2007, 19:50
Who are you talking to?

everyone who takes part in conversations with loads of people on a forum and can reply in a conventional manner!

having no balance and repelling education does not mean you are autistic

autism disrupts deep level social conventions.

Buddy4point0
April 12th, 2007, 20:02
everyone who takes part in conversations with loads of people on a forum and can reply in a conventional manner!

having no balance and repelling education does not mean you are autistic

autism disrupts deep level social conventions.

wow dude it was a joke. you sound pretty mad

gdf
April 12th, 2007, 20:05
but on a forum you can take time for your replies. also you don't have to be a complete social inadequate to be autistic. he could have very mild autism.

ExcruciationX
April 12th, 2007, 20:10
Yeah, I forgot to add it seems mild.

LilSwish722
April 12th, 2007, 20:56
Lol. Wow. Chill out man. X doesn't seem to worked up over it.

Accordion
April 12th, 2007, 22:02
im not mad, i just dont think tripping up counts as autistic.

i trip up all the time and im not too good at saying hello either, but i wouldnt consider myself autistic

either way i seem okay, and so does everyone else.

PLZKLLME0080
April 12th, 2007, 22:06
i dont have autism. but i do suffer from an extreemly enlarged brain, resulting in an IQ that would make Einstein envy me.

quzar
April 12th, 2007, 22:08
i dont have autism. but i do suffer from an extreemly enlarged brain, resulting in an IQ that would make Einstein envy me.

You do realize that brain mass has little correlation with intelligence within the species right?

PLZKLLME0080
April 12th, 2007, 22:11
oh. then why am i so smart. wait, im smart, ill be able to figure it out.

eatnooM
April 12th, 2007, 22:39
Must be a correlation between brain size and ego size ;)

VampDude
April 13th, 2007, 00:45
I've always tripped over things, never did good in school, etc.

My mom "knows" I have it, so does anybody else suffer from it here?

nope... just AttentionDefecitsDisorder or something? but I could just be making that up? or maybe I'm just saying I'm making it up to cover it up? who knows? lol :p

ExcruciationX
April 13th, 2007, 06:03
nope... just AttentionDefecitsDisorder or something? but I could just be making that up? or maybe I'm just saying I'm making it up to cover it up? who knows? lol :p
Why would I lie about it? That's kinda dumb. It's not cool to be Autistic. I don't gain anything from telling you folks.

ICE
April 13th, 2007, 06:38
autism takes many forms some of which allows for an almost normal life. however trust me on this one, you wont be wondering if you are or not if you are. if your autistic and no one around you has noticed and sent you to the dr then you may need a new social group.

ExcruciationX
April 13th, 2007, 07:18
I'm not wondering.

I know.

sourced
April 13th, 2007, 08:27
i suffer from an extremely large penis. rofl

quzar
April 13th, 2007, 08:41
i suffer from an extremely large penis. rofl

If you're serious, I'm a member of a forum that can help: http://www.lpsg.org/

White_Hawk_UK
April 13th, 2007, 13:19
My mother has suggested this possibility more than once. She also thinks I'm bi-polar.

My father just thinks I'm borderline psychotic.

All I know is that I'm perfectly normal... and the rest of the human race is f***ed-up.

gamerremag
April 14th, 2007, 04:02
^you read that from a t-shirt?

my brother has ADHD (attention defisit, hyper defisit I think..), he had his first counseling today...i dont know what happened to him. he was fine then... he just goes crazy, like he is bi-polar. yesterday, he pulled out hair off his head, and believe me, it was alot of hair (1.5"-2" radius). he lies about stuff all the time. like his excuse for pulling out his hair was that something (he claims "dry soap") was on it so he pulled his hair out one by one. its so obvious when you see it that that is not what happened. especially since i saw him pull it out, while he claims he did it at school. last week, he got in trouble at school for passing a note that said something like "kiss my butt" and butt was used and not ***. all he had to do was turn his smily face card to a frowny face (hes in third grade). he said he couldnt because he was afraid that he was going to get beat with a belt when he got home (my mom would never EVER do that, unless it was something like him telling the teacher to f off. which he hasnt done) so the teacher was like oh my! so she sent a child abuser agent (i forget the company she worked for) to go home with him, and he told her stuff like "my mom grabs me by the ankles and drags me down stairs until my teeth fall out", and when the agent left, he said, quote "NO! you cant leave! when you do, she will beat me like masters would beat their slaves!!" the saddest part is that he is only nine.......

thats only one chapter of how screwed up my family is.

VampDude
April 14th, 2007, 04:44
Why would I lie about it? That's kinda dumb. It's not cool to be Autistic. I don't gain anything from telling you folks.

Eh??? :confused:

I was talking about me, I'm going now :(

sourced
April 14th, 2007, 06:38
If you're serious, I'm a member of a forum that can help: http://www.lpsg.org/

hahaha, rofl. i cant believe it. a forum for large penises? it actually helps though..

gamerremag
April 15th, 2007, 04:10
^it actually helps? the only reason a person should want help for that, is if they are gay, when they should be strait.

quzar
April 15th, 2007, 04:18
^it actually helps? the only reason a person should want help for that, is if they are gay, when they should be strait.

Actually it's got a really helpful community that will help with things from how to conceal a bulge to what to do about girls' reactions.

gamerremag
April 15th, 2007, 05:20
lol, ohhh ok.

White_Hawk_UK
April 15th, 2007, 14:13
"^you read that from a t-shirt?"

Ooh, you're right, it sounds very contrived... :(

The statement happens to be true, though.

To be honest though, my mother is the sort of person who is always coming up with far-fetched theories as to what other people's ailments are. My affectionate view is that she's a bit of a crackpot (bless ya', Mum ;) ). Sadly, I may well have inherited that attribute above most. *sigh*

I'm sorry to hear that your brother suffers from ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyper-active Disorder, I think). Though my brother was thankfully never quite as badly affected as you describe, he was a heart-stopping concern a lot of the time. He used to suffer so many injuries (running into walls, rolling down a hundred concrete steps on his trike, etc) that social services came round to question my mother. While she was in the process of trying to convince them that he was extraordinarily accident prone, he came screaming through the room, ran straight into the door frame, and split his head open... whereupon my mother broke down, crying hysterically, while the social workers called an ambulance.

He was a terror at school, but his character and energy made him a very popular person, and he's always the life of the party even nowadays. At one point or another, my parents realised that he was reactive to specific additives, particular colouring in his food/drink. With careful selection of sweets and foods that didn't contain these E-numbers, his behaviour became far less erratic.

Nowadays, giving him a glass of soft drink (with artificial additives) is the best way of rousing him when he's crashing out. It acts upon him like a stimulant - cheap orange soda is his Red Bull!

His being married with kids and living overseas, I miss my baby brother now - but I believe that family life has mellowed him well. Perhaps he's too tired running around after three equally energetic baby daughters to be hyper-active any more, but he's loving his fatherhood, and is happier than he has ever been in his life.

So, life for your brother may turn out just fine, and that energy will give him an edge in life where now it seems only to disrupt it. As his older brother though, my job seemed to be keeping the bane of my childhood alive long enough to see his teens - but it was worth it in the end. ;)

sourced
August 7th, 2007, 13:54
Actually it's got a really helpful community that will help with things from how to conceal a bulge to what to do about girls' reactions.

true. sometimes its kinda embarassing being happy in my pants when im outside taking a stroll. lol

Safari Al
August 7th, 2007, 14:08
^:rofl:

VampDude
August 7th, 2007, 14:41
true. sometimes its kinda embarassing being happy in my pants when im outside taking a stroll. lol

Wear tight jeans then! lol

Mark30001
August 7th, 2007, 15:08

That made it worse in my experience.

VampDude
August 7th, 2007, 15:15
That made it worse in my experience. There's a bulge there regardless of if I'm happy or not. :cool:

lmao, and bulges have what exactly to do with Ex being autistic? :confused: lol :rofl:

And with tight jeans, yes the bulge is still there. but not so much on the outside, thou it hurts afterwards! (personal experience) :o lol

sourced
August 8th, 2007, 03:57
lol :rofl:

i even named it. "FIDO"

*come here FIDO* :thumbup:

JKKDARK
August 8th, 2007, 04:33
Hey I have tight jeans, and it's good

VampDude
August 8th, 2007, 04:40
Hey I have tight jeans, and it's good

It depends what you're packing thou!

ExcruciationX
August 8th, 2007, 05:55
It depends what you're packing thou!
Or, if anyone wants to look down there...

I might need to combat that "bulge" problem too.

ICE
August 8th, 2007, 05:57
Or, if anyone wants to look down there...

I might need to combat that "bulge" problem too.

if anyone sees just really loudly yell " YOU KNOW YOUR IMPRESSED!!" and walk a way.

ExcruciationX
August 8th, 2007, 07:08
if anyone sees just really loudly yell " YOU KNOW YOUR IMPRESSED!!" and walk a way.
I guess that's one way to do it.

Back on topic, some autistic people can perform intense mathematical calculations in their head (like in the film "Rain Man", where the guy drops the tooth pick box and a bunch of tooth picks fall out, and the autistic guy counts how many there are on the ground in a heart beat). I wish I could do that.

V3N0M
August 8th, 2007, 07:56
My mother has suggested this possibility more than once. She also thinks I'm bi-polar.

My father just thinks I'm borderline psychotic.

All I know is that I'm perfectly normal... and the rest of the human race is f***ed-up.

That's one way to look at it but there is a saying,

"You know you're sane when you think you might be insane but when you believe everyone else is insane then that's when you need to worry!"