PDA

View Full Version : Get the XMB on the PS3 at any time, petition-style!

Shrygue
April 12th, 2007, 18:40
via PS3 Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/04/12/get-the-xmb-on-the-ps3-at-any-time-petition-style/)

With a little over 2,000 signatures, it seems like the majority of PlayStation 3 owners have signed this petition already (har, har, har... if you can't laugh at yourself, you'll never smile at others or some such saying). What's the petition say? Here you go, baby birds:

"Sony, we want access to the XMB in game including custom soundtracks. At GDC 06 you showed access to the XMB, and so did early dev kits but they haven't made it to the final console. Early research suggested PS3 reserves 64mb of the main RAM for the XMB, but we currently have no access to the XMB at all. Please add this through a firmware upgrade to the PS3." Ending with a sincerely, the undersigned, you know it's official.

This would be a fantastic feature -- the ability to toss on some music mid-game, send a message, search the web for clues/other stuff made specifically for a game to get you more involved... among other things. Would you want to see this feature? What else could it bring to the table? Oh, and... sign the petition if you want to. But petitions hardly ever work.

You can sign the petition here (http://www.petitiononline.com/ps3xmb/petition.html). Leave feedback via comments.

F9zDark
April 12th, 2007, 22:20
I would love to see this feature! I hate having to stop a game to check messages, I hate having to hear the in game music cause sometimes, it just blows major ass.

Nothing gets one in a killing frenzy like some good old heavy metal music, and sometimes, such can be the difference between victory and defeat.

Sony should have given this to us from the beginning.

mnuhaily22
April 13th, 2007, 19:37
That would be cool, but like it says, petetion's barely work...

April 13th, 2007, 19:46
Erm, isn't it logical to say Sony will do this later on in a firmware update anyway?

Like they said, its been shown in tech demo's so its bound to happen.

F9zDark
April 13th, 2007, 20:39
Erm, isn't it logical to say Sony will do this later on in a firmware update anyway?

Like they said, its been shown in tech demo's so its bound to happen.

Not to mention, if Sony handles the PS3 like they did with some aspects of the PSP, us just mentioning it on this site might have some repercussions. As a Sony spokesman said, "We put in RSS feeds because of homebrew."

A petition may work; even though they do not have a good track record. But I think for something such as this, a petition may get our voices heard. As as said, Sony is somewhat receptive to what we have to say and if its in their power to deliver it (which this is) then it may get done.

VFerg
April 13th, 2007, 23:54
But they want it now! Who wants to wait! Dam Sony they always make us wait!!! This is all apart of there plan, and we will all suffer for another six months until they announce there holiday update bringing you everything you always wanted and maybe a hit game or 2.