PDA

View Full Version : [Interesting] Truth behind music

Cokemusic
April 12th, 2007, 22:43
Please take a few mins to read something my friend wrote , I found it very interesting to read.

A lot of people ( including myself until recently ) are ignorant to the effects that music have on us, in particular I'm going to focus my talk on Hip Hop music. Alright let's do some research , ROMANS 10:17 "faith cometh by HEARING, and hearing by the word of God" so if something as powerful as faith comes simply by hearing , then applying this same principle to hearing in the modern day is worrying , if we're HEARING "Y'all don't want me to spray the semi in here" JAY Z "I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love" 50 CENT ( mind you some people are HEARING this for hours on end ) what kind of effect do you think it's having on our logical thinking , not a good one i'll tell you that straight.

Note : I am not blasting music in general , please read closely before assuming that.this talk is focused on negative Hip Hop but does not only apply to hip hop.

Ok I'm listening , exactly how am getting influenced and who by ?

The problem is as humans we like emulating everything we like ( Emulate means To strive to equal or excel, especially through imitation ) when you see a celebrity with that new pair of shoes or an exclusive jacket , don't you feel the desire to have something like that , it's because you want to feel your living the same lifestyle as that millionaire or multi platinum selling artist? that's why P Diddy, Jay Z and 50 Cent are making hundreds of millions of lots of people who want to emulate their idols, that's why Reebok , Nike and Addidas are throwing millions of pounds at advertising campaigns with the likes of Lady Sovereign,The Streets,Lethal B etc.

Person X : "Now that i've got the hat Boya D wears and that Tinchy Strider coat how can I get ratings like them? , well they don't let anyone tell them what to do, they're with a different girl every night, probably smokes something illegal and really they get just about everything they want, why can't I !!!" .

This is where the addictive,lustfull,greedy,arrogant and disrespectful attitudes begin, that's why the devil ( the most powerful enemy of god and his children , the human race ) tries persistently to make sure that we're listening to it, it moves us away from God and under the authority of Satan. In order to emulate MC X the person has to adjust themselves probably making them a lot worse as a person .This is especially true with people in my age group 12-18 , they ain't really got to the stage where they can think for themselves and are just looking for an identity and acceptance. To make things worse this is the kind of attitudes that the most popular people emulate making getting your act right so much harder .It's hard to be yourself but I try to do it as much as I can and I find it's rewarding , I've come to the point where I won't imitate anything I believe to be against my beliefs in order to impress anyone , I'm not saying I don't wear any popular brands or anything clothing associated with Hip-Hop but when it comes to doing something I find displeasing to god , that's where I draw the line.

"So what if they're saying "Sex, Guns and blah blah" all the time , only idiots are influenced by that anyway."

I used to think in exactly the same way however if we think about it from an objective view the results are surprising . You'll find that your influenced by hearing things even if you hate the person who's saying the words , our brains tends to process information subconciously that we don't consciously. Look at it this way , GCSE exams and there's two people and hour before that...

Person 1 : Your a failure , you will fail , go apply for mcdonalds you failure , idiot , looser please just give up and save the examiner some time.
Person 2 : Your a special student , your will succeed , all the colleges will want you once your done , good luck in the exams even though I know you don't need it.

Now let's assume two things....

* that these two people have had this said to them for the last 4 hours beforehand
* They are exactly the same ability level

It's obvious that person 2 is more confident in his ability at this stage both consciously and subconciously , person 2 is ready and fighting fit to go and will do well , that's not even my opinion it's fact HEARING influences our actions far more than we can imagine. Person 1 may not fail but will not do as well as Person 2 , it's impossible . Let's apply this principle to the average Hip Hop song which probably has "SEX" ,"GUN", "KILL, "F**K" as 15% of the lyrical content , if we're hearing this for 3minutes-2hours on a daily basis , what kind of effects do you think it will have on you ?, I'll let you think about that. I also used to wonder why I swore so much , cut Hip-Hop out of the equation and realised why.

To conclude all this , music in particular widely negative HIP-HOP music is bad for your health , literally. Obviously stopping your listening of music is very difficult as you've probably been doing it since you were months old, however talk some things into consideration. Even if you aren't a christian it would benefit you.

* You don't have to stop listening to all music , just music that doesn't contain a aggresive,sexual,rebelious or murderous message.
* There's plenty of other positive music that sounds just as good
* Try and reduce your listening of Hip-Hop over a period of time if cuttin it straight away is too hard.
* How ever hard you try listening to certain types of music will have an effect on you how ever hard you try to resist it. Other things to look at

BlessK

Arguments against listening to Hip-Hop music , in more dept
http://www.exministries.com/arguments.html
Truth behind Hip-Hop Exposing a subliminal message on a Jay Z song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oRyrhJdwCw
Background info on Lucifer the fallen angel
http://www.studybibleforum.com/spages/Music.htm
http://www.realanswers.tv/answers/answers29.html
The effects of music on the brain
http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n15/mente/musica.html

Article Taken from http://blesskid.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?_c02_owner=1

Yobumtin
April 12th, 2007, 23:32
I'm not too into rap. But I am into rock/classic rock/metal that often glorifies "The Devil". I don't think the music or the artist has had a significant influence on me to be satanic. The music is great thats why people listen to it. Many rap listeners like those kind of lyrics as it might be part of the talent of the artist. So people aren't going to stop listening if they are told they are being influenced to be someone they are not.

Not everything you hear is going to influence you. Person number one could take this comment he's getting to heart and try harder knowing he's better then what people say he is. Same goes for music. One could not like the lyrics in rap music and aim hard to make a popular rap group that does not have lyrics about cars,sex,money and guns.

VampDude
April 13th, 2007, 00:20
Rap/HipHop sucks end of...

...everyone knows Metal is better!

The King
April 13th, 2007, 00:52
rap, hip hop, and anyother tipe of music in there is not my thing

i listen to rock, metal, hard rock and anyother in there but i bet money if u look at me strait up the last thing u would think i listen to is that

in my opinion only bakas get influenced with that tipe of music but still watever floats ur boat

SnesR0X
April 13th, 2007, 02:23
Rap/HipHop sucks end of...

...everyone knows Metal is better!

hell ya