PDA

View Full Version : Samba de Amigo coming to Wii?

wraggster
April 12th, 2007, 22:44
There's a genius in the higher management of Sega who recently came to a revelation. "My God," he said, "we can make a crapload of money by bringing back popular franchises that find suitable uses for the Wiimote." And lo, his word became gospel, and now there's a tasty rumor on the horizon that he teachings are spreading far and wide: the classic arcade rhythm title Samba de Amigo may be coming to the Wii by year's end.

We don't need to tell you, of course, that the Wii was originally designed for the express purpose of shaking maracas. It's brilliant. If you're wondering how this title can compare to more traditional rhythm-based games, here are some
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEVw0pWmaA for your enjoyment. Here's to you, Sega executive guy.

via wiifanboy (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/12/samba-de-amigo-coming-to-wii/)

JKKDARK
April 12th, 2007, 23:22
sounds interesting, defiantely a good franchise for the Wii

Ewan
April 13th, 2007, 15:04
sounds interesting, defiantely a good franchise for the Wii

This is a perfect fit, and should be a relatively "easy" port for them from the Dreamcast on over I would think. Add the ability to insert new songs via the "shopping channel", and I think it would be a great winner.

Samba de Amigo is one of those games that was expensive to get, if you could even find the maracas in the States. I have it, and it's a lot of fun, save for that you had to have your feet on a plastic mat. I'd be interested to see how they'd manage the positional of the wii-mote for the game.

JKKDARK
April 13th, 2007, 15:09
This is a perfect fit, and should be a relatively "easy" port for them from the Dreamcast on over I would think.
yes but I don't think they will 'port' any Dreamcast version. They will do a sequel.

basilb
April 14th, 2007, 11:20
I dunno about there being a genius at SEGA, I'd say
they'd have to be a bunch of windowlickers to not put Samba de Amigo on Wii.

In comparison it shows just how retarded LucasArts are these days that they havn't released any of their graphic adventures officially on the ds, or the Wii for that matter. I have little faith in a decent light sabre game...