PDA

View Full Version : Supercard lite rumble homebrew compatibility

saicrazyfire
April 12th, 2007, 23:36
i have a supercard lite rumble and it works well with my backup games but for homebrew, well lets just say that its not the best. It didnt support a lot of homebrew that I wanted. I created this thread to see if anyone with a supercard lite rumble was able to run any of these homebrew perfectly (remember i havent tried out all the homebrew applications, if you have any that doesnt work, you can add to the list):

Homebrew that doesnt work on my DS:
----------------------------------------------------
- ANY of the SNES emulators
- The Ipod Clone
- DS Hobro
- Okiwi
- SlyphAmp
- Comic Book DS
- DS Aim (connects to my account but freezes trying to load my buddy list)
- DS FTP
- DS Mail
- ANY of the DS - PC Connectivity homebrew
- Nitro Hax
- Pictoblog
- DSOrganize (works perfectly except sometimes when i turn off the ds to exit the app, my microSD becomes corrupted and i have to reformat it. happened to me a few times. sometimes it messes up the microSD sometimes it doesn't)

as you can see, the list is pretty small but the apps on the list are really good. has anyone been able to run these apps flawlessly?

DanTheManMS
April 12th, 2007, 23:41
Have you tried launching any of them through Moonshell? I know for a fact that people were able to get SNEmulDS running on SC Rumbles by launching it through Moonshell.

WhizzBang
April 14th, 2007, 14:27
I have also got one of these cards and so far DSpec is the only homebrew I have found that that runs on it. I have tried using the SuperCard Lite and Moonshell DLDI's and neither have worked.

I think we are just going to have to wait until some kind soul creates a DLDI patch for this device.

DanTheManMS
April 14th, 2007, 21:27
Again, try launching it through Moonshell. If the 1.7x series doesn't boot (probably won't), use 1.6x instead.

The issue with SCSD_moon.dldi is unrelated, as this has to do with games actually booting in the first place, not whether they can access the filesystem once booted.

WhizzBang
April 15th, 2007, 20:38
When I try to launch SNEmulDS.nds with Moonshell, I get the message 'not support adapter?'. I get this message when I try to launch any NDS file through Moonshell, even ones that run perfectly fine from the SuperCard menu.
I am using v1.6 of Moonshell, as I did a bit of searching and read a thread that said v1.6 was the one to use. Does anybody know how I get around this error?

I have managed to get SNESEmulDS to run using DS Organize. I patched the DSOrganize.nds and DSOrganize.sc.nds files with sclt.dldi. With this I can launch SNESEmulDS (unpatched) but it takes about 60 seconds to boot and strangely only works in about 1 in 10 attempts. I cannot figure out why it works sometimes and not other times.

eomund
April 16th, 2007, 18:43
Have you tried any of the supercard patchers? I found that helped my compatability issues alot with the SC mini.

DanTheManMS
April 17th, 2007, 02:52
With DSOrganize, try patching the \DSOrganize\Resources\exec_stub.bin file with DLDI as well. Try using one of the following three files: SCSD.dldi, SCLT.dldi, SCSD_moon.dldi (found at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DLDI). If one doesn't work, try another.

saicrazyfire
April 24th, 2007, 01:41
wow dan, you are good. i was able to run comic book ds (using dldi patch) and pictoblog. thanks. still havent been able to try the others except slyphamp. slyphamp still does not connect...

DanTheManMS
April 24th, 2007, 02:52
I was never able to get the latest version of SylphAmp to stream for more than a second, so I downgraded to the next lowest version, which works well enough for my purposes. Remember to replace the Winamp plugin with the older one too.

WhizzBang
June 16th, 2007, 09:15
Supercard have now released:
Firmware V1.81 (2007.06.05)
Fixed homebrew can not be boot problem in v1.80

I have upgraded my firmware to this and i am now finding that SNEmulDS boots through the Super Card menu and all menus work perfectly but you cannot actually play a game as the top screen stays white.
Also, TheHives ZX Spectrum emulator no longer works on this firmware.

DanTheManMS
June 17th, 2007, 22:00
Which games did you try? Some games simply don't boot, like Super Mario RPG and Kirby Super Star and other games that require special coprocessor chips. Try something that's known to work, like Super Mario World or something.

WhizzBang
June 18th, 2007, 18:11
I have tried Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World, both of which I know should work. When I select the ROM I get the screen with 'Press start to launch ROM'. When I press Start I get a white screen on the top and the emu menu on the bottom screen.

DanTheManMS
June 18th, 2007, 22:16
That is very strange. Are you sure you have verified good dumps? If you can get that far, obviously the emulator is booting and DLDI is functioning, so I'm not sure why games that should work aren't running.

WhizzBang
June 21st, 2007, 19:39
Yep, the ROMs are fine. I have tried using them with SNEmulDS on a Supercard CF and they play very well on that.