PDA

View Full Version : XtenDS Alpha 1

wraggster
April 12th, 2007, 23:43
XtenDSCoder (http://invisionsoft.co.uk./news.php) have released a new DS Game maker for the DS:

Developing Games for the Nintendo DS has been difficult. Many programs have been released for the PC including Gamemaker which make games for Microsoft Windows, and another for the Xbox, but I have not found a simple program for the Nintendo DS which requires no code knowledge at all.

XtenDS changes that. If you want to make games for your own Nintendo DS but you don't know where to start then you need this program.

Basically, XtenDS is a gamemaker for the Nintendo DS. Instead of learning complex code and following complicated guides you can use XtenDS which cuts out all the legwork.

Because of the difficulty of creating such a project, and the fact that it has not been done before has made this project slow, but this promising release should spur me on to enable more and more possibilities!

What is best, is the fact that XtenDS is free. And not only is it free, it is fast! On average it takes XtenDS less than 1 second to compile a single game!

XtenDS is currently still being developed. So don't expect quake on 2 screens yet.... expect text based adventure games!

Because I haven't had time to create an installer (I plan to using InnoSetup or something), You will have to put XtenDS in the right folder. Don't worry, it isn't rocket science, it's just a matter of copying the files from the ZIP into this folder:

C:devkitPro,PAlibExamples,Text,HelloWorld

If you do not put it in here it will not work.

So copy the files into there, and you can double click "Invisionsoft XtenDS.exe" to make a game.

The interface is pretty self explanatory, anything which is disabled is not finished. Like I said XtenDS is not done and don't expect much at this stage.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DimensionT
April 13th, 2007, 00:14
Awesome! Maybe now I can actually make something :thumbup:. Even if it IS just a text message on both screens...

Looking forward to updates.

crookedmouth
April 13th, 2007, 00:33
Can't wait to see if this works with my card, great job! I was a little envious when I found out GameEditor was compatible with GPX2.

TeenDev
April 14th, 2007, 01:41
it doesn't work for me. My DevkitPro is on my E: drive.

crookedmouth
April 14th, 2007, 02:22
When I run it everything in the pulldowns is faded out and I can't load samples. My path is correct.

DimensionT
April 14th, 2007, 06:05
Every thing that's faded out is yet to be completed.

I couldn't load the sample either, but I doubt it's anything useful. All you can do right now is enter text... So all it would be is a couple of sentences on either screen.

voteforpedro36
April 14th, 2007, 18:48
I can't get anything to happen except displaying text. That sucks. Hopefully SPRITES are included sometime :p ...

the_forerunner
April 17th, 2007, 17:42
it doesn't work for me. My DevkitPro is on my E: drive.

my dev kit is in my f: drive. this sucks!:mad:

Buddy4point0
April 17th, 2007, 23:30
lol yep mines on the e drive as well

Junixx
April 17th, 2007, 23:54
Ah Poo, I was hoping this was another remake of Every Extends, the first was one alright, but it was just too unfinished :(

Buddy4point0
April 18th, 2007, 00:49
yea it was pretty badly unfinished

TeenDev
April 18th, 2007, 01:47
its all because of my crappy 10GB C: drive! Stupid 2000 Gateway e-1400