PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Sony You do get some things right

wraggster
April 13th, 2007, 01:18
Yesterday i recieved my PS3 in the post and thankfully no customs charges, buying a 20GB from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Playstation_3_Sony_Playstation_3_20GB_Japanese_Ver sion.html?aff_id=24) cost me with delivery around £275 a saving of £150 on UK Prices. Yes its a 20GB but ut has the emotion engine built in.

With the PSP and PS3 Sony are getting some stick but lets be fair, they are both great consoles and for homebrewers one already is a Dream console and the other should be too at some stage.

One thing to be thankful for is Region Free gaming, in a world like today where boundarys mean nothing via the Net, its great to see a company go the region free route.

Universal Power supplys, how sweet it is to get a console from Japan and plug it straight into my power supply in the UK, major points scored there.

Graphics to die for. The PSP and PS3 are capable of graphics so advanced in the handheld and console market that they simply slaughter for graphics all the competition.

Movie Playback - With Blueray and UMD Films both the PSP and PS3 lead their respective areas. I dont care what anyone says watching a UMD in full stereo when your on a bus etc or watching a film in HD kicks ass.

Finally the PSP has turned out to be the homebrew sensation of the last few years, it has catapulted homebrew into main stream status with sites like IGN even reporting on homebrew. The PS3 could be the greatest non handheld for homebrew since the excellent Dreamcast.

Support DCEmu UK & DIGG THIS

http://digg.com/gaming_news/What_Sony_Got_Right_With_PSP_and_PS3

Do you agree or disagree with me, let me know via comments

The King
April 13th, 2007, 01:24
yea thats true

eazy-e
April 13th, 2007, 01:33
i agree

Triv1um
April 13th, 2007, 01:34
Cool, I personaly wouldn't of gone for the 20gb (even though it looks so much cooler) wifi and card readers are too important for me to miss out on (especialy the wifi)

ps3 = amazing

and wraggy, add me on there if you're online if you want -

cactussteakus ;)

Balthasar00
April 13th, 2007, 02:13
since the excellent Dreamcast.

you mean since the excellent Xbox right ?

JKKDARK
April 13th, 2007, 02:51
you mean since the excellent Xbox right ?

Most of the homebrew emulators for Xbox are illegal since you need the hacked SDK (or something similar, I don't remember the name correctly).

JesusXP
April 13th, 2007, 03:59
yeah, I bought a 60 gig not too long ago. I like how it looks, the finish and buttons on the face, and on the 60 gig the memory card slots are nice. I like the new controller feel but I don't like the lack of vibration. I liked the store, the xmb, the demos take forever to download though , and I've had some issues with it failing all together (maybe it's something to do with me being wireless in my house but the signal should be strong). I haven't even bothered to watch a movie in high def yet, which is kinda dissapointing , hopefully I'll be getting around to it. But truthfully, it starts to collect dust pretty fast.. The games so far aren't exciting, and I always find myself coming back to gears, and the experience on Xbox Live...

Anyone know a good HDMI -> DVI cable for the PS3, that will work...

F9zDark
April 13th, 2007, 04:25
Most of the homebrew emulators for Xbox are illegal since you need the hacked SDK (or something similar, I don't remember the name correctly).

Yeah my brother was saying that and he is an avid Xbox fan and modder. Kinda sucks that the hackers within the Xbox scene couldn't find something more legitimate, but then again Microsoft is pretty anal about using things outside their intended purpose.

I have to agree with the article though. The PS3 is a great system save the lack of vibration in the controller. My other complaint with the controller is its shape though. Sure its great they stuck with the original design; however using Six Axis on them is a little difficult for me, as the controller often slips.

I think the boomerang may have been a good idea in this department, then again a third-party controller with rubber handles may prove a lot better.

I just hope Sony improves on a few things like downloading in the background or playing music while in game. Such would truly make the console great.

Oh and Home :)

Destroyer699
April 13th, 2007, 04:37
Yeah, we Xbox coders have to use the Microsoft Xbox XDK. As much as I and other xbox coders/hackers are against using it, its sadly the only the option. Maybe one day OpenXDK will actually be good.

And wragg, still not gonna buy a ps3.:p

quzar
April 13th, 2007, 06:15
Yeah, we Xbox coders have to use the Microsoft Xbox XDK. As much as I and other xbox coders/hackers are against using it, its sadly the only the option. Maybe one day OpenXDK will actually be good.

And wragg, still not gonna buy a ps3.:p

The only reason the OpenXDK is no good is because nobody in the xbox scene cares about the legality of it, and so they don't care to make it good when they can simply continue to illegally use the leaked XDK.

YourStillWithMe
April 13th, 2007, 14:40
Wraggy-you should have gotten your ps3 long ago. . . . my ps3 username is this username, YourStillWithMe. . .Add me and i'll run you in NBA07 and resistance fall of man like it is my job :-) I'm one of the more intimidating people on NBA07 with a record of 349W and 133 L's.

I love the ps3 and i believe that in time, it will dominate the war. EVERY system has its early struggles but Sony ALWAYS comes out on top and even if they dont, they jsut dont make video games, they have other ways of making money.

JesusXP
April 13th, 2007, 16:03
Oh yo dudes.. Add me on PSonline as well.. I'm StoneVista and also sometimes PXsuseJ but I dont use PXsuseJ often ... they wouldnt let me register JesusXP