PDA

View Full Version : T.O.W. Times of War

madcupid
April 13th, 2007, 03:01
Hi folks, im here to announce the new upcoming game titled Times of War (T.O.W.) that we, the DevInside Team have been working on!!! The game is somewhat different than most shooting games because it has a diagonal scrolling and a recovery level(where you'll have the chance to go back to the actual level you were on before all lives were lost)! The project is about 70% complete and we want to release it very very soon!!! Here are some screens and a video so you can check it out!!! Btw, the game will look much better than what the screenshot shows!!! Thanks alot and comments are always a plus!!!

DevInside Team:
Madcupid, RichardV, Dead Angel

Here's a link to the video of the current status:
http://www.youtube.com/v/B16rSgJxn8U

Screens Via Comments

DEAD ANGEL
April 13th, 2007, 03:38
Please, comment on what you think our HOMEBREW game so far.

Shadowblind
April 13th, 2007, 03:41
Kinda hard, we dont have a release, or i'm missing something...

But as for looks it looks nice with potential :) I've always been a fan of these sorts of games.

DEAD ANGEL
April 13th, 2007, 03:54
Kinda hard, we dont have a release, or i'm missing something...

But as for looks it looks nice with potential :) I've always been a fan of these sorts of games.

Nice, very nice :)

fenrir911
April 13th, 2007, 20:23
this looks awesome, big fan of this, and i might become a big fan of this dev team:) it looks moddable, hope it is.

F9zDark
April 13th, 2007, 20:41
It looks like a good game thus far, however these kinds of shooters are not my kinda game.

Good luck though. :)

Buddy4point0
April 13th, 2007, 20:44
looks interesting. having a diagonal scroll is a good idea

aries2k4
April 13th, 2007, 20:59
Looks pretty good.
I´ll try it out when you guys release it

Amiga
April 13th, 2007, 21:35
Nice one,i love shoot'em'ups :D

BurningRage
April 13th, 2007, 22:19
looks really nice, but the music in the video just sucked. i hope you choose better in the releases.
when will we get a demo?

madcupid
April 13th, 2007, 22:42
looks really nice, but the music in the video just sucked. i hope you choose better in the releases.
when will we get a demo?
hehe...do you mean then particular song or the type of file??? A demo should be out by next week...(cant promisse though...lot of work outside programming) I appreciate all the comments when we promisse to put out something of quality and not just another game!!! (i hope)!!! Thanks everyone!!!

drcarvalho
April 13th, 2007, 22:44
Looking foward for the release , dude !!!!

siulmagic
April 13th, 2007, 23:48
impresive very nice looking game loving the music too keep up the good work

DEAD ANGEL
April 13th, 2007, 23:53
Looking foward for the release , dude !!!!

Olha quem eu vejo por aki ...... :rofl:
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
hehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehee

Tetris999
April 14th, 2007, 00:20
Cheah good work, but the gun shots sounds kinda sounded like it was a broken down train

and yeah the music was annoying

but still an AWSOME game

drcarvalho
April 14th, 2007, 00:33
Olha quem eu vejo por aki ...... :rofl:
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
hehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehee

Estamos em todas !!! :rofl: :thumbup: :thumbup:

DEAD ANGEL
April 14th, 2007, 00:56
Estamos em todas !!! :rofl: :thumbup: :thumbup:

huiahuiahuiahuiahuiahuiahuiahuiahuia
huiahuiahuiahuiahuiahuiahuiahuiahuia

Será q tem problema falar aki em portuga, já
q o forum é UK ..... :confused:

:rofl:

madcupid
April 14th, 2007, 01:33
Cheah good work, but the gun shots sounds kinda sounded like it was a broken down train

and yeah the music was annoying

but still an AWSOME game
well, the sound was taken from a real plane shooting...cant argue with that...thanks for the comment...and toxicity is a nice song( to those who like it)

Vangar
April 14th, 2007, 02:19
I think you need explosions when you hit the planes. No game is complete without a least a little special effects.

Harshboy
April 14th, 2007, 02:28
Looks kinda spiffy

John Doe 696
April 14th, 2007, 02:37
Yeah,looks good,I'll definitley check it out.

hatebreeder
April 14th, 2007, 02:40
i hope it turns out well; looks great so far, but there are way to many shooter games on the homebrew scene. maybe you guys should make a platformer after this. there aren't that many of those other than turrican which is incomplete and jump gunrar jump which is...different haha

madcupid
April 14th, 2007, 03:02
i hope it turns out well; looks great so far, but there are way to many shooter games on the homebrew scene. maybe you guys should make a platformer after this. there aren't that many of those other than turrican which is incomplete and jump gunrar jump which is...different haha
we'll definitelly make something different next time...but like i had said before,,the idea is to show a different scrolling method with some other extra stuff we'l throw in!!! Thanks alot for you option though!!! BTW we already have another project that'll be different than the rest of the games out there!!!

Ramza042
April 14th, 2007, 16:44
Jungle Strike.
Desert Strike.

Enough said.

I used to own both of these games, and I absolutely loved them. If this one comes close to either, it will be awesome.

BrokenHaiku
April 14th, 2007, 20:33
The game looks very promising indeed, but if one turns off the sound and just looks at the actual gameplay, it needs something that adds variety - but perhaps that is just not implemented yet?

madcupid
April 14th, 2007, 21:43
The game looks very promising indeed, but if one turns off the sound and just looks at the actual gameplay, it needs something that adds variety - but perhaps that is just not implemented yet?
this was just a test so everyone could see what the game looks like...as far as variety goes, we're trying to implement as much as possible in the first release...also, that was only the first level(which wasnt even close to finished), and they'll change as you advance in the game...Thanks for commenting...any ideas could also be implemented later on!!!

dark heart
April 15th, 2007, 00:43
no! what did you do to that poor system of a down song??

quzar
April 15th, 2007, 07:19
Damn, I thought I was gonna be the first person to post on it being Chop Suey. You can't use a copyrighted piece of music (that you don't have the right to distribute) in your homebrew if you want it hosted here. You should change it to something else.

The King
April 15th, 2007, 07:25
looks good i would give it a thumbs up

madcupid
April 15th, 2007, 09:03
I think you need explosions when you hit the planes. No game is complete without a least a little special effects.
explosions have already been implemented adn the game is close to finished...thanks

lord_horth
April 15th, 2007, 12:22
tbm to aki... and the game is very nice... but the music...
kidding... flw Dead, MAD ,DR CARVALHO, com certeza vo exprerimentar o otimo trabalho q vcs estao desenvolvendo...

PS: LORDHORTH = PEDROHABREU

Fra19
April 15th, 2007, 12:42
very nice!
i'm waiting to download ;)

BurningRage
April 15th, 2007, 14:20
hehe...do you mean then particular song or the type of file??? A demo should be out by next week...(cant promisse though...lot of work outside programming) I appreciate all the comments when we promisse to put out something of quality and not just another game!!! (i hope)!!! Thanks everyone!!!

sorry if the answer comes a bit late :(
the song itself is great, mainly 'cause it's SoaD =) but the quality sucked...