PDA

View Full Version : PSP Bricked by 3.03 OE C!

parkermauney
April 13th, 2007, 18:37
I tried to update the black32 theme, and ran out of space on flash. Then i tried to run the recovery, and it got to 98% then said, PANIC: PSAR ERROR!

****!!!

Is there someway to solve this?

(dumb question)

I heard of some guy that unbricks psps, does anyone know how I can contact him?

Will my bestbuy warranty work for "Stealing"?
if i tell sony that i have to use my money on a ps3, will they unbrick it and leave the firmware on?

-Xandu-
April 13th, 2007, 18:57
If you still have your warranty you can send it back to Sony but expect a 3.00+ PSP.

ExcruciationX
April 13th, 2007, 19:21
Can you get to recovery? You should be able to.

Hold "R" on a cold-boot.

Chameleon
April 13th, 2007, 19:30
he tried to recover so his flash0 was already formatted to downgrade to 1.5

pt9087
April 13th, 2007, 20:05
Nope i see another brick,

Nicko01
April 13th, 2007, 20:08
modchip it!
the new modchip comes out soon...

F9zDark
April 13th, 2007, 20:45
Please outline EVERYTHING you did in a more organized fashion, preferably using a list so we can ascertain EXACTLY what went wrong.

Why would you need to reinstall 3.03 OE-C after trying to update a theme-went-wrong? Or am I misunderstanding you?

If you screwed up installing a theme, you should have simply gone into recovery mode and access USB Flash0 and replaced the theme's files with backups that you should have had. Would have fixed any problems relating to problematic theme installs.

But still, I ask that you rewrite and reorganize what happened, so we can better assist you.

jonezybaby
April 13th, 2007, 21:34
^^^
as he sed, we need specific details so we can help pin point the exact problem ur having

parkermauney
April 14th, 2007, 15:01
OK. I was looking through QJ, and saw the new black32 theme. I was like, "what the heck?" it went so smooth last time that i skipped making a backup of the folder. The files started to write, and after about 2 it said the disk was full. I tried to boot my psp, and it did fine until it tried to load the topmenu, then it would just freeze. So i got the recovery pack with the 1.50 update in it, (UPDATE.PBP), and started the downgrade. It did all the regular stuff, then when it got to dumping the psar, or whatever, it got to 98%, then said: "PANIC: PSAR ERROR!"

And that's about it.

marc99
April 14th, 2007, 15:08
Free £25 bet on grand national or fa cup
Free bet up to £25. They match what you bet up to £25. Perfect if you only bet a fiver because you get a free fiver.

http://www.ukcreditportal.co.uk/grand-national-free-bet.html

gymnotropic
April 14th, 2007, 19:43
Soooo...

Are you still able to access the recovery? You should be able to clear some flash space and then try downgrading again.

parkermauney
April 14th, 2007, 21:58
It's bricked dude, I already tried it.

I tried the stolen psp bit with best buy, and my warranty doesn't cover it. Though,what about a 3.30 update gone wrong???

parkermauney
April 15th, 2007, 17:47
Does any one think that the update gone wrong idea will work?

weirdelf
April 15th, 2007, 19:36
Can you access recovery? Yes or no?
The 3.30 update idea gone wrong might work except it's your own fault if you turn your psp off while updating, not theirs. Also, you might want to try 2.80 update gone wrong, because you can easily downgrade 2.80 without gta. The may give you a 3.30 if you say you were trying to update to it.

parkermauney
April 15th, 2007, 21:31
Yes I tried the recovery.

It's bricked dude, I already tried it.

I called best buy, they said that they would swap it out, which means I will get one off the shelf. Tommorow I will find out what fw I get.

Hopefully (but not a big chance.) I will get 2.80 or earlier. I know they are already distributing games with updates of 2.82 +. Does anyone know if anyones working on a downgrader for 2.81 + without gta. That's a hard thing to find now-a-days.

ryan2006
April 15th, 2007, 22:10
good luck man my friend spilt beer over my 2.50 after i stupidly updated and there was no downgrade at the time but i just took it back to the import shop in town and said it stopped turning on then he just gave me a new 2.0 i was so happy :P

parkermauney
April 15th, 2007, 22:20
That's friggin awesome.

parkermauney
April 15th, 2007, 22:34
Soooo, can anyone tell me why this happened?

Triv1um
April 16th, 2007, 00:29
where did you get you're 1.50 update from?

it sounds like its that's problem.

F9zDark
April 16th, 2007, 00:48
OK. I was looking through QJ, and saw the new black32 theme. I was like, "what the heck?" it went so smooth last time that i skipped making a backup of the folder. The files started to write, and after about 2 it said the disk was full. I tried to boot my psp, and it did fine until it tried to load the topmenu, then it would just freeze. So i got the recovery pack with the 1.50 update in it, (UPDATE.PBP), and started the downgrade. It did all the regular stuff, then when it got to dumping the psar, or whatever, it got to 98%, then said: "PANIC: PSAR ERROR!"

And that's about it.

I think the update might have been corrupted. Thats the only thing I can think of. If you do get a new PSP, there are downgraders for 2.80 and 3.03.

I would advise that you do some research before getting it, so when you do get the new PSP you are prepared and don't make a similar mistake.

As well, it never hurts to ask around here if something bad happens, had you gotten to us before you tried a recovery downgrade, someone around here could helped you out.

parkermauney
April 16th, 2007, 22:22
I took it to best buy, and they couldn't switch it because it was the wrong serial #. (A long time ago i switched my 3.02 with my sis's 2.80 to downgrade)

I guess that could be a problem! :P

But, I've got a 1.50 coming my way from ebay.

And the 1.5 eboot came from qj, I've used it everytime I had to downgrade, or upgrade OE.

As well, it never hurts to ask around here if something bad happens, had you gotten to us before you tried a recovery downgrade, someone around here could helped you out.

I was panicing at the time. If i would have thought about it, I could have asked for a copy of someone's resource folder, if it's legal.

parkermauney
April 18th, 2007, 00:20
Sooooo, anyone else have a clue why this happened?

redhotchilimando
April 18th, 2007, 02:22
because you're stupid and you tried to downgrade back to 1.50 instead of just making a backup of your rcos and replacing the bad ones with the good ones. since the flash0 was full, you couldn't downgrade, and it bricked

parkermauney
April 18th, 2007, 23:22
I figured. And, thanks for the support.