PDA

View Full Version : Science and Islam

MasterMind
April 13th, 2007, 21:23
There are many miracles of the Quran. The living, readable, undestructable, recitation that was sent to the last Prophet 1400 years ago by the Lord of everything that exists. It is important to not that this is not a science book but a recitation for guidance for all of mankind. So lets look and observe the Quran's scientific miracles.

The Quran says the Earth was round 1400 years ago.

“And after that He made the earth egg shaped." (Quran 79:30)

The arabic word used is dahaha (ostrich-egg) and it is also can mean spread out.

The Sun rotates on its own axis in the Quran 1400.

“It is He Who created The Night and the Day, And the sun and the moon: All (the celestial bodies) Swim along, each in its Rounded course.” ( Quran 21:33)

Arabic word used here is yasabahun. It means the sun is not only flying through space but would mean that it is also rotating as it goes through space. Rotating on its own axis.

The universe is expanding
"With power did we contruct the heavens. very, We are able to extend the vastness of space thereof.

There is a lot more but I thought that was amazing.

“Behold! In the creation Of the heavens and the earth, And the alternation Of Night and Day – There are indeed Signs For men of understanding.” (3:190)

Kaiser
April 13th, 2007, 21:29
All right and this proves...?

ICE
April 13th, 2007, 21:34
would you like me to give the bible version?

Kaiser
April 13th, 2007, 21:39
I'm assuming your trying to prove that because these passages may have some scientific merit that the entire Quran should be taken literally.

Religious texts should never be taken literally IMO. That will just make you miss the deeper meaning behind the writing. Same go's for Christian and Jewish texts as much as the Quran my friend.

ICE
April 13th, 2007, 21:42
I'm assuming your trying to prove that because these passages may have some scientific merit that the entire Quran should be taken literally.

Religious texts should never be taken literally IMO. That will just make you miss the deeper meaning behind the writing. Same go's for Christian and Jewish texts as much as the Quran my friend.

i disagree. if you read the bible and take none of it literally then you still wont be a christian and you will gain nothing. "do not murder" well they didnt mean that right?

these books are meant to be taken literally IN CONTEXT. use your head and figure out whats meant to be taken literally and whats an analogy. its not hard.

gdf
April 13th, 2007, 21:44
nah, just all kill each other.

Tetris999
April 14th, 2007, 00:42
nah, just all kill each other.

dude that was so wrong and out of place

Kaiser
April 15th, 2007, 05:28
i disagree. if you read the bible and take none of it literally then you still wont be a christian and you will gain nothing. "do not murder" well they didnt mean that right?

these books are meant to be taken literally IN CONTEXT. use your head and figure out whats meant to be taken literally and whats an analogy. its not hard.

Yeah I meant only that most of it should not be taken literally. I should have clarified that.

ICE
April 15th, 2007, 05:37
Yeah I meant only that most of it should not be taken literally. I should have clarified that.

i still disagree. the only parts that are figurative are the parables and some of the prophecies. i mean the prophecies came true but the things the prophet saw were analogies for something.

The King
April 15th, 2007, 05:43
yo is this a site for games and homebrew or a site for religions and believes

ICE
April 15th, 2007, 05:43
off topic section. also free will to choose what you click lol.

Kaiser
April 15th, 2007, 07:36
i still disagree. the only parts that are figurative are the parables and some of the prophecies. i mean the prophecies came true but the things the prophet saw were analogies for something.

Believe me historically, the old testement is quite "off" on a lot of things and has some pretty bad stuff in it to take literally. I mean you can't possibly take the story of Adam and Eve as a literal and completely historical event and consider yourself "enlightened."

Plus to take the bible literally is fundamentalism. Fundamentalism IMO opinion is the worst facet of Christianity and Islam.

Kaiser
April 15th, 2007, 07:47
We shall continue this discussion here.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=405708#post405708