PDA

View Full Version : The end is near!!

PSmonkey
April 14th, 2007, 05:58
Yes the end is near. Next week will see the release of Final Fantasy I Anniversary Ed on the PSP in japan. S-E is milking this game yet again and I exspect it to be in the top 3 sales for that week's sale charts in japan.

I am actualy somewhat looking forward to this release. I've never really beat FF1 (i tried on the nes but gave up half way, i got the gba ver but never got the chance to play it before), I did try going back and playing the gba version in antisipation and realised the game is difficult because it does not do a great job telling you where to go. :P

Anyways the official date is April 19th but some import sites like play-asia are showing the asian/HK release showing up as early as the 17th. I personaly will be getting a copy and doing a side by side with the GBA to see how they stack up.

If your thinking about importing. Here are some places to pick up from
http://www.buygame2.com <- My favorite
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bl-49-en-70-1v6w.html
http://www.ncsx.com/

------

On another related note, Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core is said to be dated August 2nd for japan as well. That game is going to be wicked.

------

Now onto a different note, I picked up Prince of Persia Rival Swords today from work and gave it a go. It's not bad but has some bad visual issues. God why does someone let the enviroment keep detailed textures yet give the player the most god awful low res texture imaginable (and he is on screen at all times). Anyways I am going to post my opinion on the game later this weekend. So keep posted on the general chat for that.

Balthasar00
April 14th, 2007, 06:34
yep i'll like to see this release too. The old nes version was a little bit too much oldschool for me ;)

Does FF III is a DS exclusive ? :\ It really a pain in the AS%$ to see that game shining on DS and still not avaible on the psp..

PSmonkey
April 14th, 2007, 07:04
yep i'll like to see this release too. The old nes version was a little bit too much oldschool for me ;)

Does FF III is a DS exclusive ? :\ It really a pain in the AS%$ to see that game shining on DS and still not avaible on the psp..

ff3 3d remake is exclusive to ds but never fully stated to be an exclusive.

Psp might see a 2D remake of ff3. The reason is square has said ff1 & 2 remake wont be the only games done for the 20th anniversary line. This heavly leads to the thinking they will remake others (3-6). Also ff3 was originaly getting a remake on the wonderswan back in the day but was canned early.

DPyro
April 15th, 2007, 00:48
Hmm, my sister gave me Prince of Persia Revelations cause she thought it would be funny (PoP was one of the first computers games I played). I ended up playing that game for about 10 minutes, and thats as much as I've played.

Malksta
April 15th, 2007, 01:04
Hmm, my sister gave me Prince of Persia Revelations cause she thought it would be funny (PoP was one of the first computers games I played). I ended up playing that game for about 10 minutes, and thats as much as I've played.

Half of my days were on Revelations but I finally quit [damn those huge glitches]

PSmonkey
April 15th, 2007, 19:24
Sadly rival swords is still very glitchy (visualy and audio wise). Controlls hold up minus a few issues. ie its stupid that holding l trigger lets you rotate camera yet to reset behind you, its left on the d-pad vs a tap of the left trigger wich would make it more friendly durring sticky situations.

Rival Swords is a good game but its a ok (not great) port and not a very portable game (you need to sit down to play this game and consentrate).