PDA

View Full Version : Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for XBLA and PSN announced

wraggster
April 14th, 2007, 15:13
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/13/super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-for-xbla-announced/)

With 13 years of competitive play under its belt and counting, Super Street Fighter II Turbo is widely considered to be 2-D fighting perfected. A high octane, extremely offense-minded fighter, how is it that Capcom plans to improve upon perfection? By bringing in the comic masterminds at UDON to redraw the entire game, pixel-for-pixel.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (wow again) for Xbox Live Arcade and PSN mirrors the same tactic Capcom utilized with their Hyper Fighting release - the goods you remember, only with online play. This time, however, Capcom is taking care of business in-house and utilizing the insight that 13 years of worldwide, top-tier competition has brought to the game.

While SSF2T HD is a pixel-for-pixel recreation of the game, they aren't ruling out making slight changes to the game. It will be lost on the average player, but when the faithful get a load of the slight but sexy frame tweaks, they'll freak out. And they will love it.

Capcom didn't have anything to show on the project, but they did say that the entirety of the game is being redrawn, from the character select, all the way through to backgrounds and endings. While it would be heaven in a download if they could also work in the original SSF2T, it is something they are currently considering. Capcom is aiming for a release this Fall.

slappy1
April 14th, 2007, 15:17
This is hands down the bet 2D fighter I've ever played. I remember playing this all the time on the 3DO with friends. I will buy the 360 when this gets released. Best Street Fighter ever.

podunk320x
April 14th, 2007, 17:00
OMG, if this game ends up like this -> SSF2T + SF3:3rd Strike(animation,frame, priority system)..... someone get me a bib, Im drooling again :eek:

gdf
April 14th, 2007, 17:57
yeah should be good when i get broadband!

i'll probably buy the original SFIIT for my ressurrected snes soon.

slappy1
April 14th, 2007, 19:42
yeah should be good when i get broadband!

i'll probably buy the original SFIIT for my ressurrected snes soon.

I thought the SNES only had SSFII, not the turbo edition. I'm pretty sure it was a 3D0 exclusive. I think the difference was that Turbo was quicker and featured the supermoves similar to Alpha. I believe that turbo also was the first to feature Akuma or Gouki. I'm sure defeating Akuma will be an achievement on the 360.

Cap'n 1time
April 14th, 2007, 19:54
I thought the SNES only had SSFII, not the turbo edition. I'm pretty sure it was a 3D0 exclusive. I think the difference was that Turbo was quicker and featured the supermoves similar to Alpha. I believe that turbo also was the first to feature Akuma or Gouki. I'm sure defeating Akuma will be an achievement on the 360.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=street+fighter&platform=21

I only had Super Street Fighter II... but apparently Street Fighter II Turbo also existed for the SNES.

slappy1
April 14th, 2007, 23:11
It doesn't seem to be in GoodSNES. Apparently it was on SNES though. I don't think it had Akuma, since its not in codes & secrets section. I wonder if the 360 will have Akuma, I hope.

Nemo2006X
April 15th, 2007, 01:13
I call this version "Super Turbo".... This is the one, with the first appearance of Akuma/Gouki.. This game had it's first home release, ever, on the 3DO..
This game, also, had another home release on the, Playstation and Saturn, within the "Street Fighter 2 Collection".. ;)

With that, I welcome, the new sprite work being done to this old (but close to perfect) game! :)

http://img2.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/81/82/ME0000818216_2.jpg

Napalm-Death
April 15th, 2007, 03:18
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=street+fighter&platform=21

I only had Super Street Fighter II... but apparently Street Fighter II Turbo also existed for the SNES.
I still have SFII and SFIITurbo for my SNES.

It doesn't seem to be in GoodSNES. Apparently it was on SNES though. I don't think it had Akuma, since its not in codes & secrets section. I wonder if the 360 will have Akuma, I hope.
All of the SFII games were on the SNES. (I'm not sure about Championship Edition though..)

Btw, Akuma made his first appearance in Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

Nemo2006X
April 15th, 2007, 05:09
Btw, Akuma made his first appearance in Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

I already said that! :)

"Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix"! How much more can one, tac on to this name. :P

I guess, now, I'll call it "Super Remix"..

Cap'n 1time
April 15th, 2007, 08:46
I already said that! :)

"Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix"! How much more can one, tac on to this name. :P

I guess, now, I'll call it "Super Remix"..

bah, I'll wait for "Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Rainbow Championship Edition X for Match Making: The World Warrior Hyper Fighting Revival". Did I leave any titles out?