PDA

View Full Version : Restore Animal Crossing (Animal Crossing Backup tool)

wraggster
April 14th, 2007, 16:41
Awesome new release from Damian Yerrick (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12977&sid=2ef3d6799d72474b61c97c789c4d87ce)

RAC is a homebrew tool to back up an Animal Crossing: Wild World (ACWW) town (or the save data of any other DS Game Card with a 2 Mbit save chip) to a SLOT-2 storage device for Nintendo DS. It is capable of displaying the town name and names of residents in ACWW saves, and it names each backup after the town name and current date. It can also restore saved data from a SLOT-2 device to such a Game Card.

It does have some limitations:
RAC does not back up the game itself, only your town. (This limitation is by design to discourage copyright infringement.)

RAC cannot back up save sizes other than 2 Mbit (256 KiB).

RAC can back up and restore save data of other games with 2 Mbit save, such as Oideyo Doubutsu no Mori (おいでよ どうぶつの森, the Japanese version of ACWW) or Mario Kart DS. But RAC cannot display info from these games, and it uses the town name "Non-ACWW save" when saving backups.

RAC cannot backup to SLOT-1 storage devices due to limitations in the ability of the devices to support card swapping. It does work on GBA Movie Player CF and SuperCard SD.

RAC should be run on a Nintendo DS, not on a PC under emulation. Emulators vary in how well they support 2D graphics palettes, ARM7 peripherals (touch, sound), Game Card save, and especially SLOT-2 memory cards.

Use RAC at your own risk. If you have a SLOT-2 device that can also use REIN r17, use REIN in parallel for a few weeks and compare the backups using md5sum before relying on RAC. I also encourage you to back up the SLOT-2 device itself regularly.

DIGG THIS NEWS

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Restore_Animal_Crossing

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

hettervik
April 29th, 2010, 02:34
This worked great for me.

I have both a Max Media Dock and an Acekard2i. I used my original DS and the Max Media Dock to extract my savegame that I've worked on for over 5 years to the Slot-2 card. Worked wonderful!

I was also able to copy the savegame to my Acekard2i and play my Animal Crossing savegame on that card.