PDA

View Full Version : Custom firmware 1.62 IE A Update2 RELEASED

wraggster
April 14th, 2007, 18:20
New from Becus25:

Custom Firmware 1.62 Increasing Edition A Update2
NO MORE BRICKS!!

Detected errors, already corrected!

For change the aspect of the XMB put the files (topmenu_plugin.rco for example) in ms0: /ieflash. If you have brick you will be able to recover it with the way recovery. In order to be able to do it you must have downgrade or an official update of Sony in ms0: /psp/game/ierecovery. If you do not have it, calm because from the way recovery you can connect the PSP by Usb and transmit the data.

-- Installing custom firmware 1.62 increasing edition --
For install custom firmware, copy the PSP folder in the root of your memory stick. Then, execute the flasher and press X.
Later custom firmware will be installed.
- Skip Sony logo.
- You can start not xploited eboots.
- You can start modules.
- Contains two recovery menú. If it does not detect one it loads the other.
- You can change the speed of CPU from VSH/XMB . (press HOME+SELECT to change speed). *new
- In software system puts "version 1.62 IE A". *new
- Recovery and the XMF estan now fused . *new
- Added security and the flasher and you will not break the PSP *new and important
Recovery functions:
- You will be able to recover the PSP of semi-brick.
- Usb available.
- You can personalize XMB
- You can have three styles of icons of the XMB in the MS and change them from recovery (in this version, this setting is disabled, but in other versions will be enabled)
- You can activate/deactivate Autoboots (put the autoboot on \psp\game\boot\eboot.pbp ) from recovery without any kept configuration file. *new
- Recovery mode, this structured like a menu . *new

NOTE :
The implemented file other_plugin.prx not yet this

Thanks to Dark_AleX that created first custom firmware . Also, to Fryeco that was offered like betatester.

http://www.becus25.blogspot.com

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

drEDN4wt
April 14th, 2007, 18:36
so is this based on fw 1.50 or 3.03 or 3.10 or 3.30 or ?

Anonymous D
April 14th, 2007, 18:44
1.50 i think

ICE
April 14th, 2007, 18:48
i like the ability of having 3 different icons sets. thats cool. i wish OE had that..

Buddy4point0
April 14th, 2007, 18:55
pretty good but im gonna stick with da cause ya know you cant really expect too many people to use this with oe

EvilDooinz
April 14th, 2007, 19:30
I would like to know more about this screen shots would be nice if any one has tried it yet. oh wait, will modules like the capture.prx work?

UchihaSasuke
April 14th, 2007, 20:13
It says that this doenst brick. if its true then its a real accomplishment already

DarthPaul
April 14th, 2007, 20:37
Yeah this is awesome. This firmware is a great project.

Dbgtgoten
April 14th, 2007, 22:51
its nice to see people making new firmwares apparently this already has things OE doesn't may not be many but he will ubild on this firmware as DAX has hopefully it will become as good as DAX or better ;) nice work dude anyone tested to see if it doesn't brick?

sebbe
April 14th, 2007, 22:52
dark alex and Becus25 should make a super firmware tohgeter :D

dmac
April 14th, 2007, 23:16
whats it mean 1.62? will this thing run games with 3.10 FW required. I think I will stick with 3.10 OEA

phil4491
April 14th, 2007, 23:30
can anyone tell me if all of this homebrew stuff is safe for your psp and should i download the antivirus stuff too? thanks. if u could, can u send me a private message back becuase i'll probably not b able to find this again lol

baracki96
April 15th, 2007, 00:12
"NO MORE BRICKS!!" That's like putting a label on a bomb reading " No more unexpected explosions!!"
I'm sorry, but those three words have completely destroyed any curiosity I may have had in custom firmwares. I hope that no bricks result, and will continue to watch where this goes but on a personal level I have no interest in using something with " NO MORE BRICKS!!" in its' headline. Goodwork though to the coder.

joshisposer
April 15th, 2007, 00:22
No more bricks is an accomplishment. I mean, if he can guarantee something that has always had a chance of bricking, and it won't brick, that's a great achievement! Wahoo, maybe D_A will make his that way now

baracki96
April 15th, 2007, 00:29
No more bricks is an accomplishment. I mean, if he can guarantee something that has always had a chance of bricking, and it won't brick, that's a great achievement! Wahoo, maybe D_A will make his that way now
Well said. Looking over this custom firmware there seems to be quite a few nifty features not found in OE.
Therefore I kinda see this as a not so much a
better/ worse between the two firmwares as much as they are two firmwares that offer different advantages over the other. A sort of Mac/PC kind of deal.

StealthCP
April 15th, 2007, 01:17
This guy was obviously drunk when he made this. Just like I'm drunk whilst I'm reading this. I laugh, but I'll do this guy justice and try the firmware at least :)

Good to have competition on a solid DA subject right now, it shows you have potential :) Keep up the good work, your features sound impressive for 1.50 fans :D

pt9087
April 15th, 2007, 01:19
Looks good but it mention brick (i dont like that)

shango46
April 15th, 2007, 02:33
Great! Now there are choices! Does this CF allow the loading of pirated .iso's like Dark_AleX's FW's? (I hope not). Also, what FW is this based on? Could i play a retail UMD that requires 3.10 with this? Is there any popstation available? I like the features list that this FW has to offer, but until more details and some posts about successful installs are posted I will stick with my 3.03OEC. Keep up the good work though and hope to see great things from the creator in the future.

neosayuki
April 15th, 2007, 04:37
Nice custom firmware. I've been a fan of this for a little bit. Nice job keep up the good work.

scarph
April 15th, 2007, 17:58
not entirely useless...but not so useful

s.skarbinski
April 15th, 2007, 20:23
all this is is dark alexs 3.10 oe-a exactly the same with some changed stuff to make it his own and a added recovery menu that all and who cares about this fw dark alex has better fw's and hes bringing out 3.30 oe-a so stuff this guy im getting 3.30 oe-a when its out!!! :)