PDA

View Full Version : Gates bills Halo 3 as PS3 killer

wraggster
May 16th, 2005, 18:49
As the battle of the next-gen consoles truly gets underway, Bill Gates has revealed what he believes is Microsoft's secret weapon - the third instalment in the Halo series, to be launched simultaneously with PS3.

That's according to an article in Time magazine, which this week depicts Gates holding an Xbox 360 on the cover. The article reads: "Note to the hardcore faithful: the next version of Halo will not, repeat not, be ready in time for the launch of Xbox 360. It will be part of the all-important second wave next spring.

""It's perfect," Gates says, radiant with bloodlust. "The day Sony launches [PS3], and they walk right into Halo 3.""

Providing Sony does indeed launch PS3 next spring, of course. CFO Takao Yuhara was recently quoted as saying "For the year end sales season, simultaneously building up both the PSP as well as the next-generation PlayStation is one option that we have" - suggesting that the console could launch by this Christmas.

All should be revealed at Sony's pre-E3 press conference, which kicks off today at 11PM UK time.

rmedtx
May 16th, 2005, 19:00
That arrogant jerk Gates, He is underestimating the gaming community. Not everybody is a Halo fan. I don't care about Halo at all.

Darksaviour69
May 17th, 2005, 13:52
i love halo, but i'm not rushing out to buy a 360 yet... it will have to win me over like the xbox did

WHurricane16
May 31st, 2005, 00:33
I love it how Bill Gates continue to show his arrogance when it comes to competition. Most companies wouldn't allow their employees to say much about their competitors but here he is, the richest American alive talking about how he has the killer app that will keep peeps away from the PS3.

I'll admit Gates does alot of charity work in which he competes to raise money like no other, but his competitiveness in business will be his downfall. He's going to make a mistake no US federal "saving your ass from anti-trust troubles" government will be able to bail him out.

Cap'n 1time
May 31st, 2005, 01:24
i just think its a dumb thing to say. no one peice of software (no matter how great it may be) will ever "kill" a competeing console. Perhapes it will grab some more support and have people decide it is somthing to purchase, but there is no law that says we cant own more than one console.

gimpyjr
July 24th, 2005, 19:25
Gates is forgeting one thing. Killzone baby !!!!!
I love my xbox but the 360 isn't a big enough jump from the xbox. Sure it has three cores running at 3.2GHZ apiece but the last console that did that was almost impossible to program for

can anyone say SEGA Saturn