PDA

View Full Version : Trouble w/Final Fantasy VIII

Stone Temple Pilots
April 14th, 2007, 22:28
Alright, now I'm pissed. I just bought Final Fantasy VIII brand new (Greatest Hits version) so I could rip it to my PSP. I convert it to an ISO image through UltraISO. Then I convert it to an Eboot through a simple Popstation GUI. I put the game ID for disc 1 as 00892. Now when I run the game on my psp, it shows the message it normally shows then goes to a black screen. It doesn't make it to the PSone logo. Wtf is wrong? Btw, the discs are in MINT condition.

Stone Temple Pilots
April 15th, 2007, 06:52
Someone please me! What am I doing wrong?!

Stone Temple Pilots
April 15th, 2007, 18:22
alright, I tried converting the game to a .bin/cue file and the file is a bit bigger but it seemed to work.... kinda. This time the game made it to the PSone logo but the "Sony Computer Entertainment America" part doesn't show up and it just stops there. Am I supposed to convert the .cue file at the same time as the .bin file so they are both in the same Eboot? Is that the problem?

Tetris999
April 15th, 2007, 19:15
What region is it ntsc or pal?

Stone Temple Pilots
April 15th, 2007, 19:50
NTSC. I really need the help!

DPyro
April 15th, 2007, 20:07
Make sure it works on your computer first. Thats all I can say...

Tetris999
April 15th, 2007, 20:46
oh, when you are making an iso (iso's or more compatible dont make bin unless u need to...) make sure to check SKIP READ ERRORS or something like that believe me that mostly happens when u rip a game

Stone Temple Pilots
April 15th, 2007, 21:00
I can't find an option like that in UltraISO. I have converted into .iso a million times and thats when it doesn't reach the PS logo altogether. Do you think you can attach whatever programs you use to another post so I can assure I get it working?

Man
April 15th, 2007, 21:33
What firmware are you on? becasue if you have a custom gameboot, it will screw it up if your in 3.10oe, or what ever it is.

wolfpack
April 15th, 2007, 21:55
its an error in sony's emulator, im sure your discs are just fine. youre just going to have to wait and see if its fixed in 3.03 OE

Stone Temple Pilots
April 15th, 2007, 23:44
well... I'm in 3.30 OE and it still doesn't work. Ugh, is there any actual improvement in 3.30 OE concerning PSone emulation? Anymore help would be appreciated.

Tetris999
April 16th, 2007, 00:38
well... I'm in 3.30 OE and it still doesn't work. Ugh, is there any actual improvement in 3.30 OE concerning PSone emulation? Anymore help would be appreciated.

i use magic iso to rip my games, try that

Stone Temple Pilots
April 16th, 2007, 21:05
Thanks, but I found the problem, my computer. It is really crappy and it didn't load the disc up fully so I used my friends freakin awesome computer. I used isoproducer and and PSX2PSP version 1.2 and it works great! WOOHOO!