PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Shadow.

shadowprophet
April 15th, 2007, 09:37
I did something today, I went to staff forums, And I asked for a promotion, At first they where saddened to hear of this. But when I told them how important it was to me, They allowed it to be so.

I asked them to give me the freedom and Title of the most worthy rank Dcemu Has to offer.
That's Right, I asked them to make me a regular member, I did this for many reasons. It's not easy being staff at the greatest homebrew network on the planet, For the sake of professionalism we must in exchange give a small piece of ourselves, We must hold back when we would rather not, We must be the voice of reason and balance, when we would rather be the raging voice leading the storm , we must always hold our cool, When we would rather speak our minds.

I asked them for freedom. and they allowed it be so, No longer must I stop my rants just short of insanity. No longer must I bare the weight of constantly maintaining professionalism.

I can truly be me. So in a way, This is like one of those cheeky introduction threads.
Soon the green in my title will fade and a new era will begin.

SnesR0X
April 15th, 2007, 09:49
welcome back

shadowprophet
April 15th, 2007, 09:58
I cant wait till this takes effect.

"I have a lot of pride invested in dcemu" It's been an honor to work alongside the most incredible staff on the planet"

But I have no choice but to be me, And I was never more "me" then when I was just a member :thumbup:

shadowprophet
April 16th, 2007, 01:02
And so it begins :thumbup:

Shadowblind
April 16th, 2007, 01:16
Shadowprophet, welcome fellow member of the Shadows, to what has begun, and shall be for long.

Welcome to the other side, brother. :)

shadowprophet
April 16th, 2007, 01:24
Shadowprophet, welcome fellow member of the Shadows, to what has begun, and shall be for long.

Welcome to the other side, brother. :)
Thank you bro, It means a lot to me to be back where I belong :cool:

And it makes it even better that I have well wishes from my brothers :cool:

It's going to take me a minuet to get used to this. Ive been modding so long, I dont remember how to do much else :o

Kaiser
April 16th, 2007, 01:24
I definitely envy you in a lot of ways shades. :D

S34MU5
April 16th, 2007, 01:30
Nice Shadow, haven't spoke in a while.

Hope you are getting on Okay

Your sig is still looking sweeeeet!!! (might touch it up a bit if you want?)

I respect you for bringing yourself down to our level

Shadowblind
April 16th, 2007, 01:35
Level? To me, members, mods, admins, we are all human (well, most of us) therefore, I respect only upon the actions of the the member, not they're title or status. Therefore, if Shadowprof were to go around, say abusing his power, banning members "'cuase he feels like it", or basically making this site a worse place to be, I would have no respect for him. As he has NEVER done any of those things, at least without reason, he has lost none of my respect.

S34MU5
April 16th, 2007, 01:40
To gain the status of a Mod or Admin you would need to be respected.

Being a mod or admin or any part of staff when others are just members, to me, feels like a rank of some sort. Another level.

shadowprophet
April 16th, 2007, 01:48
I definitely envy you in a lot of ways shades. :D

In the years i've known you, You've been my friend and " secret rival" your wise beyond your years brother. You've thought me a lot, there are so many people here, That make dcemu so important to me. you Kaiser, And Quzar, and 1x and Pspdemon, and Gunntims,Mark.Yaustar,sniper,bandit,wraggster, darksaviour and soully, You have all been like brothers to me. I left my position, But you guys will always be my friends. That will never change. Dcemu Gave me a lot, And When I left staff I did not leave empty handed.
I gained many great friends along the way

* @ my brother S34MU5. as for bringing myself down to someone's level brother, That's not the way it is at all, I was promoted to your level, Dcemu would be nothing but an empty shell without its most important part. " We the members"

Accordion
April 16th, 2007, 11:26
a good day! trUly!

ExcruciationX
April 16th, 2007, 21:11
Good luck, "bro". :)

The King
April 16th, 2007, 21:31
well said shadow

dejkirkby
April 18th, 2007, 14:41
Shadowprophet = DCEmu either way you look at it!
Still waiting to whoop you at chess again bro!
You ducking?

shadowprophet
April 18th, 2007, 17:35
Shadowprophet = DCEmu either way you look at it!
Still waiting to whoop you at chess again bro!
You ducking?

I tried looking you up on yahoo last night bro, I haven't been online as much lately, The weathers been too nice for me:p , But Im so ready for that game of chess, You did get me last time, But I wasn't expecting you to be that good, Before I knew it my queen was gone and there I was mostly defenseless, lol, But Its so on!
You know. It wouldn't be a bad idea if dcemu's arcade had a few multi player board games like that.

dejkirkby
April 18th, 2007, 18:25
I was lucky and my queen (lakirkby) was telling me some of the moves to make!

Cap'n 1time
April 18th, 2007, 19:15
Ah, finally a member that will realize we do things with everyones best interest in mind, even when it looks like we are just trying to be assholes. Even without the mod "powers" (some times they are more of a burden) you will still have much say so and much more verbal power than other users. Also we still expect your input on IRC when we have one of our common dilemmas.

I too envy you in many ways.

Mark30001
April 18th, 2007, 21:06
Ahem *takes 'JUNK' throne from shadowprophet*

Good luck bro! :)

gdf
April 18th, 2007, 22:09
yay! welcome to the lowly peasent status! enjoy your stay here. it's good but everyone is covered in shit!

lol well done, must have been a strange decision to make. maybe not?

anyway that was a brave move sp!

shadowprophet
April 19th, 2007, 03:27
Ah, finally a member that will realize we do things with everyones best interest in mind, even when it looks like we are just trying to be assholes. Even without the mod "powers" (some times they are more of a burden) you will still have much say so and much more verbal power than other users. Also we still expect your input on IRC when we have one of our common dilemmas.

I too envy you in many ways.

I can think of no place online that I would rather be bro, dcemu is my addiction.
I'll will always be around, And everyone can expect to hear from me often too.:p
"When I have those great ideas- And I know those are bound to happen", You guys will be hearing from me, " you can not escape the shadow, :cool: " Like an itch you just cant scratch, I'll always be there bro. :p

Ahem *takes 'JUNK' throne from shadowprophet*

Good luck bro! :)

Junk is my baby mark, She was my first active duty upon my return:) , A special little empire that darksaviour made just for me to goof off in :D , She holds a special place im my heart. Take good care of her, A lot of good people hang out in junk.:cool:

I pass the torch to you brother, I know your the man for the job. :cool:

yay! welcome to the lowly peasent status! enjoy your stay here. it's good but everyone is covered in shit!

lol well done, must have been a strange decision to make. maybe not?

anyway that was a brave move sp!

Nahh it had nothing to do with bravery ;)
Sometimes you just have to grab life by its balls and shake it up man.:cool:

gdf
April 19th, 2007, 20:17
lol grab life by the balls. (hey can someone make my thingy from dcemu pro to peasent, it has a nice ring!) also i suppose you are right about shaking things up. good for Mark30001 as well, he should be the right person to replace you!